Game crash

Tuth

Question

Hello everyone.

I have downloaded and installed the GOG version of the game, but after running it, it shows Obsidian, Paradox and Kickstarter logos and immediately crashes with a message that I should send the folder with the log to the developer. So, how and to whom should I send it?

Edit: I've uploaded the folder with the log
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l1q7rkgunbk8h2t/2015-03-26_185104.rar

Edited by Tuth
  • Like 2

Hi,

My game has suddenly started crashing and I don't know what to do. I've tried reverting drivers, installing latest drivers, verifying cache, reinstalling, changing install directory, deleting saves, disabling steam overlay/cloud...I've done everything short of a complete windows reinstall and nothing has helped. I tried starting a new game several times and the game just crashes the second the initial dialogue ends and I am supposed to gain control. I can load a previous save, but the game crashes if I try to quicksave, if the game autosaves, if I try to manually save, and if I try to move to a different area. I have attached a dx diag and output_log. No crash logs with dates were created for any of the crashes. I would just get a box that says "Pillars of Eternity has stopped working." Could someone please help me?  https://www.sendspace.com/file/r3nb41   https://www.sendspace.com/file/pnzmv9

Thanks!

@MaxJazz You have still Version 3.00, try the 3.04 patch.

Actually it looks like you have some parts of the patch installed. You need always all parts, the patch for the base game, the one for white march 1 and the one for white march 2.

To get a new clean state i would recommend to remove all gamefiles and do a new installation.

There is an crazy out of memory error in your files, hopefully its only a byproduct of your version mix.

• Like 1

@MaxJazz You have still Version 3.00, try the 3.04 patch.

Actually it looks like you have some parts of the patch installed. You need always all parts, the patch for the base game, the one for white march 1 and the one for white march 2.

To get a new clean state i would recommend to remove all gamefiles and do a new installation.

There is an crazy out of memory error in your files, hopefully its only a byproduct of your version mix.

Xaratas,

Thank you ! that did it !, works now :) and it's good to see my "friends" (the player party) again !

Jo'Geran, you have 4 corrupted save files, but thats not the problem at hand. Have you tried to use the steam „validate“ function? Hope this can fix your problem.

I tried using the validate function multiple times. It always says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" but never does reacquire it.