Game crash

Tuth

Question

Hello everyone.

I have downloaded and installed the GOG version of the game, but after running it, it shows Obsidian, Paradox and Kickstarter logos and immediately crashes with a message that I should send the folder with the log to the developer. So, how and to whom should I send it?

Edit: I've uploaded the folder with the log
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l1q7rkgunbk8h2t/2015-03-26_185104.rar

Edited by Tuth
  • Like 2

huhu guys,

im having a big issue with pillars of eternity crashing from time to time, too.

It went well for some time but now it crashes again. At the beginning I fixed it by turning off tooltips and tutorials. Not it went out of hand.

My Sys specs are:

Intel i7 4700HQ

Geforce GTX 770M

8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64bit Home

I hope this helps. If you need more, just let me know.

The game's fun, though. :yes: Keep up the good work.

Same here. Cannot reach Gilded Vale because game crash every time after the map screen, during loading. I try to upload the error log.

Same here. My system specs : 

Windows 7 X86 / 32bit

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.67 GHz 

AMD Radeon HD 6850

4 Go DDR2 

Thanks in advance for your help !

I have the same problem as the original poster (crash to desktop after getting to the Kickstarter splash screen during startup).  WIndows 7, 64 bit.  100% reproducability. 

I found this forum post from during beta that outlined the exact same problem, but the suggested resolution actions (deleting "corrupted" windows fonts) did not work for me. 

Also, see this external post on seemingly the same issue. 

Game crashes on start, error log says this:

gameoverlayrenderer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module gameoverlayrenderer.dll at 0023:6cecb568.

When trying to run it in Steam. It doesn't run even if I turn off the steam game overlay, Raptr overlay or any other apps that might cause things to happen. Initially it was stuck on Steam "Starting Pillars of Destiny..." loop where it closed the "Starting..." box suddenly and then started it again and again endlessly. I then verified all the contents which took a while, but it's still not working proper. :(

I attached all the error logs from various tries into this. I assume the info is pretty similar in all of them.

Pillars of Eternity error logs.zip

Game crashes on start, error log says this:

gameoverlayrenderer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module gameoverlayrenderer.dll at 0023:6cecb568.

When trying to run it in Steam. It doesn't run even if I turn off the steam game overlay, Raptr overlay or any other apps that might cause things to happen. Initially it was stuck on Steam "Starting Pillars of Destiny..." loop where it closed the "Starting..." box suddenly and then started it again and again endlessly. I then verified all the contents which took a while, but it's still not working proper. :(

I attached all the error logs from various tries into this. I assume the info is pretty similar in all of them.

Hi Rezorrand, 

Do you still get this error when running just the .exe as an admin?

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I am having the same issues as OP crashing to desktop after launching via steam and seeing the obsidian loading logo,, system specs

HP laptop Pavilion dv6-1230us Entertainment Notebook PC series

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel core 2 duo T6500 2.1 ghz
4 gb ram
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Hi - getting crashes when trying to start new game. Loading screen pans upwards, title appears - then goes to loading screen and seconds later I get the game crashed please send error log message.

i7 2600K, 16GB, NVidia 780, Win 7 64.

I've tried disabling Nvidia Geforce epxerience, and making sure Steam is opened as administrator. Same error same place 6 attempts at loading :/

output_log.txt

Edited by K3V

My game crashed immediately upon entering the ruins (I think??) after the storm began and I threw my sword at the guy attacking Heodan. Specs:

Dell Latitude E6430

Intel Core i5-3340M @2.7GHz
2GB RAM

Windows 7 SP1 (6.1.7601), 32-bit
GPU: Intel HD 4000, 787MB max graphics memory

My game crashed immediately upon entering the ruins (I think??) after the storm began and I threw my sword at the guy attacking Heodan. Specs:

Dell Latitude E6430

Intel Core i5-3340M @2.7GHz

2GB RAM

Windows 7 SP1 (6.1.7601), 32-bit

GPU: Intel HD 4000, 787MB max graphics memory

Hi Slack, 

Unfortunately Pillars of Eternity requires at least 4 GB of memory to run. For optimal performance,at least 8 GB is recommended, running on a 64-bit operating system.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/