I believe they clarified further somewhere else - COLLECTOR'S EDITION boxes are being shipped without discs.

Regular boxes are being shipped with discs at a later date. The logic being, there didn't seem like much sense in sending an almost empty box with just a manual in it.

Ergo, $65 tier people, you will have to hold on a little longer.

I'll see if I can find the link and prove (to myself!) that I'm not dreaming this up.

• Like 2

The Dude abides.

They actually sent me an email a week ago telling me it was shipped (Collector's edition), and giving me a tracking number to check on USPS. It's a bit easier to see why packages take so long to get here when you see on the tracking site that the package took 5 days just to leave the US (but that's not the game's fault, just the realities of the postal service)

I believe they clarified further somewhere else - COLLECTOR'S EDITION boxes are being shipped without discs.

Regular boxes are being shipped with discs at a later date. The logic being, there didn't seem like much sense in sending an almost empty box with just a manual in it.

I'll see if I can find the link and prove (to myself!) that I'm not dreaming this up.

Ah, yes I seem to remember that now in one of the updates. Thanks for the reminder!

ahhh that may be where mine is as I have the retail tier and have not rec'd any email notification yet - good to know - glad I got the digital copy too! 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

That would be great if you could find it. This is my tier and I would actually prefer to wait till I get everything. 

^ That's a perfect example. If it's shown that for more than a day, chances are it's just out-of-date information.

To clarify, I think the "shipping soon" status in the portal is a bug. Or, is very likely a bug. I believe there is a bug involving that not changing to "order shipped" when it has actually shipped, so I wouldn't go by that. Again, if you got an email from Paradox saying your stuff's shipping, I'd assume that it has actually begun the shipping process, and just wait for who-knows-why-it's-out-of-date tracking info to update.

Depends. The portal does seem to be behind but the tracking numbers are hit or miss. Mine showed my goodies arriving at a certain post office on the 25th. It's stayed there since and only today left the facility on a suddenly upgraded delivery method. =\ So it's not that the info wasn't updated, it's that some idiot probably lost my stuff for a bit. Others, of course, just have tracking info that wasn't updated and their stuff will just kind of show up or has already.

Not upset with Obsidian, more annoyed at USPS but I almost always expect disappointment from them.

Just to remind people, the physical reward goods are being shipped without the game disc. Due to a poll and the results of that poll, the game disc is being shipped later, last I knew.

But the current batch of physical reward shipping seems to very staggered. Some other people in Calif. got theirs before I did, for example. Why I have no idea...shipping routes/companies maybe. And no clue on Europe etc.

European backer here with a collector's edition, no information whatsoever about my physical items yet. Wasn't the plan to send this stuff early enough so we would have our physical items (minus the actual game disc) before or at the official release date, which was almost a week ago? :(

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 2

FdSm3p1.png

The shipping, and the communication about it, was handled poorly.  Leading up to the release, with the poll and subsequent updates the overall impression was that the physical goods minus the game discs shipped before the March 26 release.  But they didn't.  Some still have not shipped!

Everything shipped late and Obsidian/Paradox chose the worst/slowest carrier possible out of the big 3 in the US.

My shipping label was printed March 25 but the game did not actually ship until March 30, yesterday.  The original email I got from Paradox estimate March 30-31 delivery but it will be April 1 best case.

That would be great if you could find it. This is my tier and I would actually prefer to wait till I get everything.

Boom! http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71688-will-physical-copy-include-disc/?p=1598552

In the case of people just getting the retail box, we're just shipping the retail box when it has the disc ready too. Other rewards that were added on would be shipped now though.

For anyone with a CE, Paradox is shipping those without discs initially, and then will ship the discs later.

We thought shipping an empty retail box with basically nothing in it would be weird. :) Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by dancingcrab

The Dude abides.

The shipping, and the communication about it, was handled poorly.  Leading up to the release, with the poll and subsequent updates the overall impression was that the physical goods minus the game discs shipped before the March 26 release.  But they didn't.  Some still have not shipped!

Everything shipped late and Obsidian/Paradox chose the worst/slowest carrier possible out of the big 3 in the US.

My shipping label was printed March 25 but the game did not actually ship until March 30, yesterday.  The original email I got from Paradox estimate March 30-31 delivery but it will be April 1 best case.

Well at least your copy is on its way. 

You had your shipping included in the price of the box, in Europe here i had to pay 30$ on top of that and in return my box is not even on its way yet. I can live with it being late in Europe (its doable to not be late though), but when it is communicated that i get the things on release day i do expect them here around that time as well. When i am then being asked in a poll if i would like the box on release day without the disc in it or later with the disc the thing totally changes. 

I mean come on ... YOU asked us if we wanted the stuff incomplete and on release day ??? And now i might get it a month or two late and still incomplete ? Seriously ??

• Like 5

I'm one of those that chose the $65 tier. I will gladly wait for it with the disc inside it and since I'm in Europe, it'll take some time. However, out of curiosity, does anyone know what the $65 tier box looks like? Is it the plastic dvd box that are being sold in regular shops, or a cardboard box e.g. smaller version of the CE?

Eagerly waiting for my copy to arrive. I still haven't received my Wasteland 2, so I don't have high hopes. :D

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Also still waiting...no communication, no email, nothing.  And I voted to wait to have everything shipped together.   Whole thing is leaving a sour taste, especially when I hear about the general overall quality of the CE.

May just sell mine when it arrives and keep the discs/dvd case for myself.  Anyone know if Torment will also be available on physical disc before I blow/waste money on that CE too?

Edited by Maviarab
  • Like 1

^^ Is it supposed to come with a postcard, as well?]/quote]mine was in the shipping box. I know because I still haven't opened up my game box.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That means mine is missing then, I went ahead and emailed customer support. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Wasn't the "thank you" postcard a Kickstarter only item? I'm only asking because I don't see a Kickstarter badge on your account. When you go to your PoE account and select your game package in the "Orders" tab, is the postcard mentioned under "what's included"?

FdSm3p1.png

That means mine is missing then, I went ahead and emailed customer support. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Wasn't the "thank you" postcard a Kickstarter only item? I'm only asking because I don't see a Kickstarter badge on your account. When you go to your PoE account and select your game package in the "Orders" tab, is the postcard mentioned under "what's included"?
Here is a screenshot of my products:

Screenshot_2015_04_01_22_36_22.png

I found the info through this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66609-confirmation-of-pledge-rewards/page-2

Hence I am a little confused...

Here is a screenshot of my products:

Screenshot_2015_04_01_22_36_22.png

I found the info through this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66609-confirmation-of-pledge-rewards/page-2

Hence I am a little confused...

Uhm, no, I didn't mean "Products", I meant "Orders", which is the next tab on your screenshot. :)

For example, my package lists as content under "What does this include?":

Retail Collector's Edition

This tier includes:

• Collector's Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
  • Cloth Map of the World.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.
  • Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.
  • Early Access Beta Key.
  • Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.
  • Digital Download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
  • Special Thanks in-game credits.
  • Thank you postcard from the development team.
  • VIP Forum Badge.
  • Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

FdSm3p1.png

Just contact paradox support service. Obsidian was answering for around a week on mine and end up redirecting me to obsidian. Very annoying situation with physical copy of the game.

I received an email from Paradox on March 27 stating "your swag is on the way", and a USPS tracking wotsit. I'm in Australia so it still has a bit of a walk to get here and apparently I may not see stuff till April 9. That's fine; it's good to know it's on the way.

The backer portal still lists my stuff as "shipping soon" rather than "shipped" which is odd, but maybe those systems aren't hooked together. It may not be a trivial thing to accomplish.

However, if you haven't received an email from Paradox maybe contact Obs support through the backer portal. Just check your email spammmmmszzzz folder first tho. Just in case!