Ha!  I'm not even at my house, so I can't play anyway.  So, I'm using the time here, of course.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It would be helpful if you also write where in the world you live... wink.png

California United States. If you have a login account with Paradox Interactive you may receive an email as I did...might be worth a shot to make one if you don't already have one. https://www.paradoxplaza.com/ Although, I don't know if it is necessary to have an account with them.

Edited by Byeohazard

If you have a login account with Paradox Interactive you may receive an email as I did...might be worth a shot to make one if you don't already have one. https://www.paradoxplaza.com/

Thanks for that. Will check it out as well.

BTW: Could you let me know if the printed version of the strat guide cripples some letters in the Backer Credits (e.g. p502 right column)? Unfortunately the digital version looks like this had happened :-(

It would be helpful if you also write where in the world you live... wink.png

California United States. If you have a login account with Paradox Interactive you may receive an email as I did...might be worth a shot to make one if you don't already have one. https://www.paradoxplaza.com/ Although, I don't know if it is necessary to have an account with them.

I have an account at Paradox but no e-mail from them yet. Guess my European origin and location might be the reason for that... ;)

35167v4.jpg

If you have a login account with Paradox Interactive you may receive an email as I did...might be worth a shot to make one if you don't already have one. https://www.paradoxplaza.com/

Thanks for that. Will check it out as well.

BTW: Could you let me know if the printed version of the strat guide cripples some letters in the Backer Credits (e.g. p502 right column)? Unfortunately the digital version looks like this had happened whistling.gif(

None of the names are cut off or shortened however there seems to be some kind of "malfunction" with some of the names ie Guk#240;mundson Guk#240;mundurómar that kind of stuff Edited by Byeohazard

I just got notice from Paradox my Collectors Edition goodies are on the way via usps: Your order was shipped via USPS Priority Mail + Delivery Confirmation, and is estimated to arrive March 30, 2015 - March 31, 2015.

I'm in Los Angeles. I didn't get any notification or box. I thought we had voted that our physical rewards (sans actual game DVD) would get here the same day, so we could (per the backer poll) :

1. We ship everything out except the game disc, which we then ship to you after finalizing the 1.0 version. Wait a minute. That sounds crazy. You’re going to ship me a game with NO DISC inside at first?! Here’s why we think that’s good: Anyone who pledged to a physical reward tier will get a digital copy. You’ll be able to get a Steam or GOG.com key on our site and play the game at the same time as everyone else. You’d be able to take out your Collector’s Guidebook, your cloth map, your mousepad and enjoy all of it at the same you’re playing Pillars of Eternity.

I figured that would be a difficult thing to time at first, but was then imagining just telling UPS a million addresses and saying, "All need be delivered by EOD March 26, 2015." 

Edited by madglee

You don't have to have a Paradox account to get the email. I got it already. However, it DOES come from Paradox (not Obsidian, and not Kickstarter), so you may want to make sure it's not being filtered out of your inbox. "You" being just people checking, in general.

I am also a US backer. I'd imagine the European goods are at least a few days behind. Who can really say, though. All I know is that they apparently sent them Air Freight instead of whatever other method they were going to use, to try and get them there faster. That was posted at least a few days ago, so maybe they'll be there sooner than you think.

/optimism

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

For posterity, I got the e-mail from Paradox that mine shipped today. Estimated delivery date is April 3rd to April 9th. I'm in Canada (ironically, I could drive down to Obsidian's offices and back faster than the earliest estimated delivery date, but I don't really care since my GOG copy is working just great).

That's not too terrible. I mean, yeah, it still sucks compared to the ideal "today" receipt date.

Also, though, if you're in Canada, I THINK (but am not 100% sure) they're air freighting all the international goods to Europe, THEN distributing them from there. So... it may be that your ship time is actually at the lengthy end of the scale, compared to people who live in Europe. *shrug*

Just for what that's worth.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

That's not too terrible. I mean, yeah, it still sucks compared to the ideal "today" receipt date.

Also, though, if you're in Canada, I THINK (but am not 100% sure) they're air freighting all the international goods to Europe, THEN distributing them from there. So... it may be that your ship time is actually at the lengthy end of the scale, compared to people who live in Europe. *shrug*

Just for what that's worth.

Nah, shipped from the US via USPS (at least, that's what the e-mail says). Not a point of stress for me though. I've ordered things from the US many times and it always takes at least a week to 10 days. I'm not on pins and needles to get the physical goodies since I have the game to amuse me as well as all the digital goodies from my backer tier. When it arrives I'll, of course, stroke it, smell it, call it Precioussss, and go hide it in my cave.

Edited by Ink Blot
  • Like 1

Mine just got shipped like an hour ago by USPS (they're not here yet, but they've been sent)

You seeing that on the backer portal or?  

Got an email from Paradox directly.

Thanks, I got the same kind of email about 20 minutes ago.  Also, FWIW, I didn't have a Paradox account either, they must be using the info provided to them by Obsidian (which makes sense).