Tags for Digital Soundtrack?

Sounds great! Again, your work really is fantastic. I like the little homages to the Morrowind score and the Lord of the Rings score (a touch of the Shire theme in the Stronhold theme) peppered throughout the score, but there really is a distinct unique vibe to the overall music as well.

• Like 1

Sounds great! Again, your work really is fantastic. I like the little homages to the Morrowind score and the Lord of the Rings score (a touch of the Shire theme in the Stronhold theme) peppered throughout the score, but there really is a distinct unique vibe to the overall music as well.

Thank you!

I'm a bit surprised that the music came untagged.

And it's not the first soundtrack I got as a Kickstarter bonus or via Steam that was untagged/incompletely tagged.

And I wonder why?

With the other extras the producers usually show a lot of care. But when it comes to the soundtracks it looks as if they where thinking: 'Ah, whatever, let's throw it out there as it is. Nobody cares anyway.'

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

And it's not the first soundtrack I got as a Kickstarter bonus or via Steam that was untagged/incompletely tagged.

And I wonder why?

With the other extras the producers usually show a lot of care. But when it comes to the soundtracks it looks as if they where thinking: 'Ah, whatever, let's throw it out there as it is. Nobody cares anyway.'

I just don't get it.

If the soundtrack is not intended to be published/sold separately the tracks might not even have proper names. It seems to be the case with PoE soundtrack, these names look like typical work in progress names. At least that's what I think.

Nonetheless, Mr. Bell is looking into this and will post an update - which is a remarkable example of a proper developer-gamer communication :)

And I wonder why?

I just don't get it.

It really came down to time.  The audio effort for Eternity was massive, especially toward the end.  It ended up being an important item on a list with many other equally important items, which is why proper names and track numbers didn't make it.

Though I do recognize how important this is to everyone, and we will get it resolved soon.  Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the wait. 

And I wonder why?

I just don't get it.

If the soundtrack is not intended to be published/sold separately the tracks might not even have proper names. It seems to be the case with PoE soundtrack, these names look like typical work in progress names. At least that's what I think.

Nonetheless, Mr. Bell is looking into this and will post an update - which is a remarkable example of a proper developer-gamer communication :)

Thanks. Yes the current names are functional for the game, but not for a soundtrack.

Quick update. I've added proper track names, a track order, metadata/tags, and album art to the soundtrack. Brandon is working on getting the updated files sent out to the various digital distributors. It may take a couple more days to get fully sorted out, I'll try to update you as I find out more.

And as a thank you for your patience, I also included in three additional *bonus* tracks from the game...

• Like 13

Quick update. I've added proper track names, a track order, metadata/tags, and album art to the soundtrack. Brandon is working on getting the updated files sent out to the various digital distributors. It may take a couple more days to get fully sorted out, I'll try to update you as I find out more.

And as a thank you for your patience, I also included in three additional *bonus* tracks from the game...

Thank you very much :)

Yay! Looking forward to this. Does that mean we can grab it from the POE backer site now, or should we wait there as well?

Just checked, the version on PoE site was not yet updated, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Thank you for that.

Been enjoying listening to the soundtrack on my phone since release. :)

• Like 1

You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin

:cat:

Darren is updating the backer portal now, but it'll take a few hours for the server cache's to update.  I'll post again when everything is good to go.

Just downloaded the FLAC version and it now feels complete ;)

Thanks, Justin, for going that extra mile and making everyone in this thread happy gamers.

Hey backers!

You can download the updated soundtrack from our backer portal.  Just re-download the soundtrack if you got one, and it be up to date with tags, track names, track order, and album art.    

For folks who purchased the game after crowd-funding ended, we are trying to include the updated soundtrack as part of patch 1.03.  I'll keep you posted once I know more, so hang tight!

• Like 7

I just wish there was a more efficient way for Steam to update the tags than sending 830 MB of files back over the Internet. I mean, even if my computer hadn't decided it didn't like to download via Steam and so registered its displeasure by blue screening every fifteen minutes or so, it would seem awfully inefficient.

Hmmmm... I suppose I could disable the soundtrack DLC. But that still leaves me downloading 830 MB worth of files from someone for a tag switch.  :disguise:

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Thanks Justin!

Any chance someone can export the tags using a program like mp3Tag so that we don't have to re-download the files?

Sure thing.  I made a sheet (html and pdf format) that shows how the old soundtrack maps to the new one.  I also exported the tags using mp3 tag.  You can download it here:

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/audio/pe-soundtrack-map-and-tags.zip

• Like 1

Awesome.  Really glad I contributed to the KickStarter--I loved Obsidian before, now I like you even more.

• Like 1

Justin, I just wanted to compliment you on the excellence of the soundtrack. In particular, Come Soft Winds of Death is, I think, extraordinary. The layering of woodwind, percussion, brass and strings and the vocal choir is amazing. It makes something that's much more than the simple sum of its parts. It gives me goosebumps every time -- and goosebumps don't lie.

Thank-you for making such fabulous music.

• Like 1