The version listed on steam is 1.0.2.0508

This is indeed the "day one" patch. There is no new patch coming today (unless there's a crazy hotfix issue.) We are working on 1.03, but that's not locking down until next week. We'd like to collect issues reported here and elsewhere to make sure any immediate stuff gets resolved.

Generally, that number at the end (508) is the daily build number. We don't fire off lots and lots of builds - it would take way too much time too do that. They usually only occur once daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day depending on the situation.

Ok well I fail to see the difference with this and the pre-release build. Can we get the patch notes or something? I thought the UI was getting an overhaul....

Yeah, I know blue guy is an employee, I just thought he maybe didn't have all the info and wanted Obsidian to confirm, as Darren kindly did.

Why on earth would you think that? That's like buying a Steam key from a legitimate source like Green Man Gaming and asking Valve to confirm it's legit.

The version listed on steam is 1.0.2.0508

This is indeed the "day one" patch. There is no new patch coming today (unless there's a crazy hotfix issue.) We are working on 1.03, but that's not locking down until next week. We'd like to collect issues reported here and elsewhere to make sure any immediate stuff gets resolved.

Generally, that number at the end (508) is the daily build number. We don't fire off lots and lots of builds - it would take way too much time too do that. They usually only occur once daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day depending on the situation.

Ok well I fail to see the difference with this and the pre-release build. Can we get the patch notes or something? I thought the UI was getting an overhaul....

Item Enchant UI has gotten polish, which was only UI overhaul that I know they have spoken.