What's the Kickstarter only item?

How do we redeem them? Are they tied to our keys? Because there is not a separate entry for them in the Backer Portal...

I can see them as separate downloads on GOG. I don't know how it works on Steam.

That's the preorder bonus. The Kickstarter item is different. 

For the Royal edition, there are 3 items:  A tiny Obsidian wurm pet, a "Cloak of the Obsidian Order" which appears to be unenchanted, and on Steam at least, a "Kickstarter Backer" achievement, meaning only Kickstarter backers can get 100% of all Steam achievements :devil:

You get all 3 immediately upon starting a new character, and entering the first area (the caravan).

Edited by irinotecan

If you right click the game in your Steam Library and look at the DLC, the pre-order items are listed as a separate DLC from "Backer item and achievement", it also lists the "cookbook" and "making of documentary" (for me, anyway). I've no idea what the backer item is, though!

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

@Vetiver  check your Order page...it should say "Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item."  which is not the piglet or ring....those are general pre-order items (ie anyone who preordered through Steam or GOG)

• Like 1

Have you tried refreshing your account?  I was having issues also until I found this thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity/gogcom_downloader_has_stopped_workingcant_download_combined_bonus_content_pack

Clicking this link worked for me:

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Thanks for that.

t50aJUd.jpg

If you right click the game in your Steam Library and look at the DLC, the pre-order items are listed as a separate DLC from "Backer item and achievement", it also lists the "cookbook" and "making of documentary" (for me, anyway). I've no idea what the backer item is, though!

So I had the game pre-loaded on Steam and played it today after it unlocked for probably 2-3 hours.  Never saw any pre-order or KS items.  Came across this thread and did what you said and the game started downloading all of the DLC, 1.8G in total. But most of it I had already downloaded from the Backer Portal.  So I unchecked everything but the pre-order and KS items and they downloaded and installed instantly.

When I loaded my game already in progress, the 4 items appeared in my inventory.  

Edited by HozzM