Where to get extra goodies / rewards?

For Steam copies - tried r-clicking on the game name in your game list and choosing View Downloadable Content to check and see what you're supposed to get/if it's installed or not etc?

Nevermind ... after taking forever to load several pages I see that was discussed already. The forum is soooo slow for me right now, it's very inconvienet. :lol:

Anyway....I haven't been able to do anything via the Portal, but on my Steam copy I at least have the in-game pets available and everything is in those Steam game folders as previously mentioned, for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dunno was it answered yet, but here it goes:

PoE Steam additional rewards can be found at least from your computer (After the 1.8 GB download is completed) from location :

SteamLibrary -> SteamApps -> common -> Pillars of Eternity

So in other words, the download folder of steam.

What exact version of the game do you have? Hero/Champion/Royal, did you buy it on Steam or where, did you upgrade it, did you activate a backer key?

My version was a Kickstarter Hero edition, I activated it on Steam with my backer key, then I upgraded it to Champion edition on Steam. I see all the DLCs listed, almanac/soundtrack/wallpapers/ringtones etc. but when I go to install them all, Steam only downloads ~20mb of data and only the Cook Book appears in the steamapps/common/pillars of eternity -folder. I suspect the Cook Book works only because it already came with the Kickstarter Hero edition.

same issue but i upgraded to royal edition

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Dunno was it answered yet, but here it goes:

PoE Steam additional rewards can be found at least from your computer (After the 1.8 GB download is completed) from location :

SteamLibrary -> SteamApps -> common -> Pillars of Eternity

So in other words, the download folder of steam.

What exact version of the game do you have? Hero/Champion/Royal, did you buy it on Steam or where, did you upgrade it, did you activate a backer key?

My version was a Kickstarter Hero edition, I activated it on Steam with my backer key, then I upgraded it to Champion edition on Steam. I see all the DLCs listed, almanac/soundtrack/wallpapers/ringtones etc. but when I go to install them all, Steam only downloads ~20mb of data and only the Cook Book appears in the steamapps/common/pillars of eternity -folder. I suspect the Cook Book works only because it already came with the Kickstarter Hero edition.

Bought Royal (Collector's Boxed Edition) as Slacker-Backer from Pillars of Eternity website, after the Kickstarter. Activated the key and pre-downloaded it yesterday on Steam. Today it made some downloading/Installing after the release time and it downloaded that 1.8 GB reward contest, while i was playing the game. (steam pop-up windows show'd those rewards one by one while in game)

If you don't see those rewards in your steamApps/common/pillars of eternity - folder, then it haven't downloaded them yet. Do you have Auto-Upgrade enabled in Steam?

Edited by Rhuac

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

"First, slowly deselect each DLC on the DLC content list one by one. Should go from "installed" to "not installed" after a small 0kb update. Do this for every DLC that hasn't appeared in your Pillars of Eternity Folder.

Then, restart steam and re log in. Validate Pillars of Eternity. 

Finally, begin to select the dlcs you want to download again, one by one. Should fix this." 

From steam forums. Helped me.

• Like 5

"First, slowly deselect each DLC on the DLC content list one by one. Should go from "installed" to "not installed" after a small 0kb update. Do this for every DLC that hasn't appeared in your Pillars of Eternity Folder.

Finally, begin to select the dlcs you want to download again, one by one. Should fix this." 

This has worked for me. I had to do the whole process slowly and it did work. Thanks Sakai

Documentary is still being made. First two parts are up online (and I think available for all) - check KS updates.

This works! Thank you a thousand times, community for the win! Thank you thank you thank you! <3

I have the Digital Download Plus which, even though it has everything from the Royal edition, for some reason mapped to the Hero edition.

Digital Download Plus	
This tier includes:

Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
Digital High-Res Game Map.
Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
Digital Collector's Book.

I understand that the novella and the documentary aren't ready, but I only see the game, the cookbook, the collector's book, and the OST in my products section.  No map, art pieces, wallpapers, or ringtones.  Is that the case for others?

I have the Digital Download Plus which, even though it has everything from the Royal edition, for some reason mapped to the Hero edition.

Digital Download Plus	
This tier includes:

Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
Digital High-Res Game Map.
Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
Digital Collector's Book.

I understand that the novella and the documentary aren't ready, but I only see the game, the cookbook, the collector's book, and the OST in my products section.  No map, art pieces, wallpapers, or ringtones.  Is that the case for others?

I have the same version you do, and I also do not have the Wallpapers, Map, Art, or Ringtones in my products section OR in the Steam folder for PoE.

This worked for me as well. Thanks for relaying that info!

Just to clarify, have these rewards been released yet:

• Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

or are we still waiting on them? I have access to all my other content (sans the documentary which I understand is taking time)

but I haven't found any links or info regarding these backer rewards?

I was supposed to have those on my account as well, and they are missing from the Products page here on Obsidian's site.

Yep, same boat as you.  Digital Download Plus doesn't seem to be referenced anywhere in the FAQs for conversion, but seems as they it SHOULD map to Royal, but doesn't.  Maps to Hero.. and post-release today, my product page is missing the entries you listed.  Frustrating!

I have everything now for my champion edition, all I had to do was right click on PoE on my steam list, go to properties, then local files and verify the integrity of game cache. I was missing around 150 files. After that finished my champion edition content now shows up in my PoE main folder and also on under the DLC tab on the same properties window where you go to local files to verify the integrity of the game cache. DLC is the last tab on the right. There were not there before but I still cannot do anything with those files from there but if I go to my Pillars folder under steam/steam apps they are now there and I can click on them and see/use them all except the documentary which says it isn't finished yet.

Yep, same boat as you.  Digital Download Plus doesn't seem to be referenced anywhere in the FAQs for conversion, but seems as they it SHOULD map to Royal, but doesn't.  Maps to Hero.. and post-release today, my product page is missing the entries you listed.  Frustrating!

I can't remember where exactly but I believe it was mentioned that Kickstarter Hero Edition is not the same as just regular Hero Edition. True that Digital Download Plus (which I have) is equivalent in rank to the Royal Edition in terms of rewards, but I think the main differences in the Kickstarter Editions are slightly different, and we didn't map the Royal Edition because half our rewards were through the Obsidian Portal and not Steam. That still doesn't explain why the files for the Wallpapers, Ringtones, Art, and Map are missing though!

msTiUYU.png

Edited by aozgolo

or are we still waiting on them? I have access to all my other content (sans the documentary which I understand is taking time)

I was supposed to have those on my account as well, and they are missing from the Products page here on Obsidian's site.

Hi guys, thanks for letting us know. This should hopefully be fixed in the next 15-20 minutes or so. It was indeed an issue on our end with the Digital Download Plus tier, specifically. Visit the Products tab and they should show up in a bit.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Darren

• Like 1

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Hi guys, thanks for letting us know. This should hopefully be fixed in the next 15-20 minutes or so. It was indeed an issue on our end with the Digital Download Plus tier, specifically. Visit the Products tab and they should show up in a bit.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Darren

Thank you for fixing this, they are now showing up properly in my products section :)