Where to get extra goodies / rewards?

$45 wasted nice.

You should have some kind of digital receipt or order number or something related to your upgrade purchase that you can contact Steam customer service about.....right? I know Valve's customer service is dodgy at its absolute best and Steam is a DRM-loving service but still.....they should be able to either refund your money or give you the content. I have never been screwed by GOG and they always replied to my customer service inquiries so if your issue does not get fixed then GOG is the place to go for your future gaming business......they're not in the business of f_____g their customers.

1zq6793.jpg

I'm sure Obsidian/Paradox/Steam/GoG will eventually provide everyone with rewards that they paid for. As we can see in these forums it's 3 OS's, 3 Editions, Backer/Non-backer, 2 platforms, and so on, making for a million different configurations. It was always going to be rough. 

Hoping a dev provides a general answer in this thread about addons not appearing, but individuals affected should also email Obsidian support and/or Steam/GOG.

I'm guessing the problem is that steam for whatever reason thinks that bonus content is already installed, hence not downloading anything. Once they fix that, we'll get our goodies. :)

Edited by Sakai

I upgraded my Kickstarter backer Hero Edition to Royal Edition via Steam yesterday, and all I have in my PoE dir is the cookbook, even though Steam shows the OST, collector book, and all the other Hero stuff as being installed. Maybe this is a Valve issue, but it's hard to tell from this side. I'll shoot Valve a note and hope it gets cleared up soon. I'm excited to look at all my stuff!

Also having this problem.

Pre-ordered the Royal Edition - today, Steam then "downloaded" all items as DLC - and yet they are no where to be found.

Steam says "All downloadable content is automatically installed and uninstalled along with this product, and can be accessed by launching it." though I think this applies to all games.

I have also tried restarting Steam and creating a new character as said here,

Update from a Dev on the Steam Forums (I know right wtf?):

=TRR= Major_Dillz (developer):

I hear that it should now be available. For those of you who started playing, you'll need to exit Steam and restart it, and then restart your game if you want the pre-order stuff. The pre-order stuff is granted on new games. Sorry for the inconvenience!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/618457398960645032/

and yet nothing has shown up. As long as we get these items, all should be okay.

Having the same problem except on GOG. I did not receive the backer exclusive items. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Look on the backer portal and see which version of the game you're supposed to have. If it's not the Royal Edition then GOG will not have all the digital bonuses but if they are part of your tier or if you bought them as separate addons they'll be in the backer portal. At this point in time GOG is fully on point with all the versions of the game and the bonuses each is supposed to have.

Judging by your copper badge I'm guessing your code was for the Hero edition.....that doesn't really come with many bonuses at all, this is not GOG's fault, so check your backer portal......if whatever you think you're supposed to have isn't there contact Obsidian support.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

Just to clarify, have these rewards been released yet:

• Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

or are we still waiting on them? I have access to all my other content (sans the documentary which I understand is taking time)

but I haven't found any links or info regarding these backer rewards?

Welcome to the fold, derby.  Not being a backer doesn't make you a second class citizen around here.  :Cant's slap on the back and grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Just to clarify, have these rewards been released yet:

• Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

or are we still waiting on them? I have access to all my other content (sans the documentary which I understand is taking time)

but I haven't found any links or info regarding these backer rewards?

Not the Novella....that isn't done yet and will be released at a later date but the others are released

1zq6793.jpg

I'm not a backer. Just a guy who purchased the Royal Edition through Green Man Gaming. ;(

Never heard of them and never dealt with them so I can't speak for how reliable/helpful they are.

Welcome to the fold, derby.  Not being a backer doesn't make you a second class citizen around here.  :Cant's slap on the back and grin icon:

True but Obsidian can't help him.....any issues he may have are likely to need to be dealt with through the retailer.

1zq6793.jpg

Dunno was it answered yet, but here it goes:

PoE Steam additional rewards can be found at least from your computer (After the 1.8 GB download is completed) from location :

SteamLibrary -> SteamApps -> common -> Pillars of Eternity

So in other words, the download folder of steam.

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

PoE Steam additional rewards can be found at least from your computer (After the 1.8 GB download is completed) from location :

Not for me, I've never gotten an extra 1.8gb download either. Where in that folder can it be found? Just loose files or in more subdirectories?

Seems like Im the only one still with ZERO goodies?

I have the game, but nothing extra, even though steam says the dlc's are installed.

(Im not a backer, just somebody who has Champion Edition on steam).

Not for me, I've never gotten an extra 1.8gb download either. Where in that folder can it be found? Just loose files or in more subdirectories?

Seems like Im the only one still with ZERO goodies?

I have the game, but nothing extra, even though steam says the dlc's are installed.

(Im not a backer, just somebody who has Champion Edition on steam).

I am missing the goodies too. Redeemed my hero edition key from backer portal on steam and then purchased the upgrade for the champion edition...

76561198028375025.png

For Steam copies - tried r-clicking on the game name in your game list and choosing View Downloadable Content to check and see what you're supposed to get/if it's installed or not etc?

...although technically I think you can claim them through the backer portal as well (I see them listed there now) but so far every time I've tried that route, the website wigs out on me and I haven't been successful. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What exact version of the game do you have? Hero/Champion/Royal, did you buy it on Steam or where, did you upgrade it, did you activate a backer key?

My version was a Kickstarter Hero edition, I activated it on Steam with my backer key, then I upgraded it to Champion edition on Steam. I see all the DLCs listed, almanac/soundtrack/wallpapers/ringtones etc. but when I go to install them all, Steam only downloads ~20mb of data and only the Cook Book appears in the steamapps/common/pillars of eternity -folder. I suspect the Cook Book works only because it already came with the Kickstarter Hero edition.

Each reward was in its own folder.

To locate your SteamLibrary:

Open Steam, cursor over top left corner of the window -> Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders. Or use Windows search function for keywords like Pillars of Eternity.

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."