Should I use Expert Mode on first playthrough?

Just like when I first played BG1 with zero clue and no hints and died 100 times to the first Ogre, and then equipped an uber looking magic belt which turned me into a woman ....

YES I THINK I WILL!

Hard difficulty + Expert Mode and I know nothing about this game, I WANT IT BRUTAL!

• Like 1

I guess that expert mode really only makes a difference IF you enable it on the first playthrough. If you play through it normally and enable it on the second playthrough, you already know a lot of stuff expert mode disables in the first place.

Ultimately, everyones own choice of course :)

• Like 1

I guess that expert mode really only makes a difference IF you enable it on the first playthrough. If you play through it normally and enable it on the second playthrough, you already know a lot of stuff expert mode disables in the first place.

Thats completely true, I didnt think of it that way.

Expert mode for first playthrough it is is. Im not mad enough for path of the damned, Hard should be challenging enough. 

That's a good point. I just don't want to miss out of some key mechanic and be lost.

Just like when I first played BG1 with zero clue and no hints and died 100 times to the first Ogre, and then equipped an uber looking magic belt which turned me into a woman ....

YES I THINK I WILL!

Hard difficulty + Expert Mode and I know nothing about this game, I WANT IT BRUTAL!

I will never play it without expert mode. I will remove every possible help that can show me what I could do just if I made different character.

This is how it is in BG and that game is still mystery for me after so many years!  I can play it now and probably see some dialogue option I never saw before or find a loot I didn't know existed before I was never offered this path before because of how I choose to play and roleplay my char.