How do I will recognise the special item for Backers ingame?

"All Kickstarter backers will receive a special Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item."

But I have no idea of what item will be. Anyone knows more? I didn't find anything under "product/order page" in the backer site.

I have the Hero Edition 25$ and I recently bought the expansion.

Was curious about this as well. Kind of getting mixed messages from different sources, some mention the space piglet and ring are the 'backer rewards' yet they're standard pre-order bonuses and in no way backer exclusive in-game rewards like is mentioned to exist.

Not all that bothered about backer-exclusive rewards in-game itself. But would be nice to know what to expect when firing up the game in 10 hours or so given that it's still stated that the 'kickstarter edition' variants of standard packages offer special game content.

I just wanted to be sure that I have it. Because I do not want to find myself in the middle of the game, and than discover that I missed out of some content or thing that I was entitled. :D

I mean we waited 2.5 years, and we didn't have the early relase respect to the other games (Darkest Dungeon did it so we played 1 week before, so it is possible!)

The pig and ring are the pre-order items; their not the kickstarter-exclusive items. I'm wondering how I'll know what those are, myself. They haven't said a *word* about them.

I know, because I've been bugging them about it.

Checking: https://steamdb.info/app/291650/subs/

It doesn't seem that Steam has any means of actually distinguishing between the "Kickstarter editions" that Obsidian advertise and "Standard pre-order editions" that everyone gets. When I redeemed by backer key on Steam, it definitely only returned the standard Hero edition pre-order.

So however the backer exclusive items and achievements are going to be tracked, it definitely doesn't seem to be tied to our game keys in any shape or form. Maybe it will be additional DLC codes that haven't yet be implemented.

Getting the feeling that Obsidian may have done a slight plan change at some point and made the backer items apply to all pre-orders, then forgot to correct existing information and descriptions of what the 'Kickstarter editions' actually include to reflect the change in plan.... or maybe they forgot and are being quiet because they're trying to find out who to point the finger at and flog over the weekend. :)

Edited by Tikigod

It doesn't seem that Steam has any means of actually distinguishing between the "Kickstarter editions" that Obsidian advertise and "Standard pre-order editions" that everyone gets. When I redeemed by backer key on Steam, it definitely only returned the standard Hero edition pre-order.

So however the backer exclusive items and achievements are going to be tracked, it definitely doesn't seem to be tied to our game keys in any shape or form. Maybe it will be additional DLC codes that haven't yet be implemented.

Getting the feeling that Obsidian may have done a slight plan change at some point and made the backer items apply to all pre-orders, then forgot to correct existing information and descriptions of what the 'Kickstarter editions' actually include to reflect the change in plan.... or maybe they forgot and are being quiet because they're trying to find out who to point the finger at and flog over the weekend. :)

In all honesty I do not mind that all the pre-orders gets it, even if as kickstarter backer we gave life to this reality. But I absolutely wants to know if I get the content or not from some official source.

In all honesty I do not mind that all the pre-orders gets it, even if as kickstarter backer we gave life to this reality. But I absolutely wants to know if I get the content or not from some official source.

You definitely 100% get the space piglet and ring that all pre-orders get as part of the backers package. Yes.

The only question left unanswered to my knowledge is the contents of the backer-exclusive item and achievement.

The pig and ring are the pre-order items; their not the kickstarter-exclusive items. I'm wondering how I'll know what those are, myself. They haven't said a *word* about them.

I know, because I've been bugging them about it.

Well we have one word, the only word I've heard from them, which is that the pre-order items are not the same as the kickstarter rewards.

Which you know, obviously.

But it bears repeating that this isn't a misunderstanding, and that we know for a fact that the pre-order stuff and the kickstarter stuff is supposed to be different.

t50aJUd.jpg

If you right click the game in your Steam Library and look at the DLC, the pre-order items are listed as a separate DLC from "Backer item and achievement", it also lists the "cookbook" and "making of documentary" (for me, anyway). I've no idea what the backer item is, though!

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

I'm guessing it's the Obsidian Order cloak. Too bad I found enough magical items very early in the game for my party, that this cloak was relegated to the stash very quickly.

Would be nice if it had some sort of stat bonus that it offered, because it sure does look cool.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'm guessing it's the Obsidian Order cloak. Too bad I found enough magical items very early in the game for my party, that this cloak was relegated to the stash very quickly.

Would be nice if it had some sort of stat bonus that it offered, because it sure does look cool.

That would suck....

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

It is the Obsidian Order cloak, and higher tiers also get the Obsidian Drake Pet. That being said, I'm a bit sad too that the Obsidian Order Cloak got relegated to the Stash so quickly. There's simply a lot of good cloaks and necklaces (that for some reason share a slot...) early on in the game. Compare this to Gaun's Ring, which is bloody amazing early on and there's not that many rings to go around.

t50aJUd.jpg

You can always enchant the cloak, there are tons of necks and cloaks in game but really most of them are pretty uninteresting or average.

...you can't enchant cloaks, Karkarov. You can only enchant chest pieces and weapons.

t50aJUd.jpg