The Custom Portraits Thread

I've created nice Vailian lady this time.

1jpg_1346277_28851418.jpg

Maybe some people could use it, i don't know...

Anyway:

femalehuma_4368417_28851431.png

femalehuma_9037236_28851437.png

Would make a nice sword and pistol Vailian Navy gal.

"The names that litter this world like debris are hard enough to wrap around the tongue, and what do they matter?"

- Durance, priest of the whore that is Magran

• 3 weeks later...

New player here. Was looking for a dark furred female Wild Orlan portrait, didn't find it, combined two originals, did some photoshop tweaking and voilà. Thought it could be of use to someone.

female_orlan_f_alt_lg.png

female_orlan_f_alt_sm.png

female_orlan_f_lg.png

female_orlan_f_sm.png

Edited by Itacira
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a weird problem. Some portraits (some made by me some by other ppl) do not bechave as they should. All dimmensions seem to be right (210x330) but ingame the portrait stretches vertically for some reason. Anyone had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Finland Europe. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Finland

"Prostitution in Finland (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal"

There are Prostitution  in PoE

, but I did not see any nude women so what I did was...  well I will not but them (my The Custom Portraits) here. This forums are not 18+ etc.

Edited by Terminator

but I did not see any nude women so what i did was...  well I will not but them here. This forums are not 18+ etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISBol9014A

• Like 2

but I did not see any nude women so what i did was...  well I will not but them here. This forums are not 18+ etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISBol9014A

my The Custom Portraits

Original:

aea91a44f485ed44f763dec41f87c56e.jpg

Looks Witcher-related going by the Wolf-school medallion she is wearing and the Witcher-style eyes.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

• 1 month later...

Jason is quite busy, but he was kind enough to set off some time to make this sweet looking portrait.

The "Magran conquistador" who is a militaristic Magran devotee, a concept we first talked about a year ago and now finally realized. :thumbsup:

lppTVvf.png2lR6UGp.png

The symbol on his breastplate is the flaming spherical bomb seen in the concept art of the cut character Cadegund

xlpPM.jpg

Edited by Voices of Nerat
  • Like 6

verbeeg.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Jason is quite busy, but he was kind enough to set off some time to make this sweet looking portrait.

The "Magran conquistador" who is a militaristic Magran devotee, a concept we first talked about a year ago and now finally realized. :thumbsup:

lppTVvf.png2lR6UGp.png

The symbol on his breastplate is the flaming spherical bomb seen in the concept art of the cut character Cadegund

xlpPM.jpg

Very nice. This will def. go into my Deadfire portrait folder.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

I was having trouble finding a Aumaua portrait that I wanted, because while humans and elves have countless variations across countless fantasy settings there really are only a few parallels between Aumaua and other fantasy races, such the very rare handsome orc or the Qunari from Dragon Age - and that only covers the most mundane looking Aumaua. So I perfected a method, likely already discussed here, of creating my own portraits for unique player creations. 

I think it came out fine:

0a1dd5d80063cf7558bf2136a044815e.jpg

1. Make your character in the creation screen.

2. Equip with whatever weapons and armor you can by picking different classes and backgrounds. (For mine I used Deadfire Fighter)

3. Toggle character to get proper lighting and angle.

4. Take a screenshot (F12 on my computer through Steam)

5. Copy paste and splice out your character (using Paint) for the large image then resize to 3.44 by 2.19 (Using Microsoft Word)

6. Modify the large image using Photo coloration (I used Zeke 30).

7. Cut the head off into a box and resize to 1 by .79

8. Throw into art gui player avatars using proper designations. 

9. Make a new game and character again and just pick the newly inserted avatars.

10. Enjoy your easy custom character avatar and not having to comb Pinterest and DeviantArt for the umpteenth millionth time.

Please note that this method is mostly ideal for races or character schemes that have very, very few possible look-a-likes on the internet. This method should also be applicable with Deadfire. In fact, you can use the Deadfire creation system to make an even better looking character avatar for your first Pillars character.

Edited by Venatio
  • Like 1

I was having trouble finding a Aumaua portrait that I wanted, because while humans and elves have countless variations across countless fantasy settings there really are only a few parallels between Aumaua and other fantasy races, such the very rare handsome orc or the Qunari from Dragon Age - and that only covers the most mundane looking Aumaua. So I perfected a method, likely already discussed here, of creating my own portraits for unique player creations. 

I think it came out fine:

0a1dd5d80063cf7558bf2136a044815e.jpg

1. Make your character in the creation screen.

2. Equip with whatever weapons and armor you can by picking different classes and backgrounds. (For mine I used Deadfire Fighter)

3. Toggle character to get proper lighting and angle.

4. Take a screenshot (F12 on my computer through Steam)

5. Copy paste and splice out your character (using Paint) for the large image then resize to 3.44 by 2.19 (Using Microsoft Word)

6. Modify the large image using Photo coloration (I used Zeke 30).

7. Cut the head off into a box and resize to 1 by .79

8. Throw into art gui player avatars using proper designations. 

9. Make a new game and character again and just pick the newly inserted avatars.

10. Enjoy your easy custom character avatar and not having to comb Pinterest and DeviantArt for the umpteenth millionth time.

Please note that this method is mostly ideal for races or character schemes that have very, very few possible look-a-likes on the internet. This method should also be applicable with Deadfire. In fact, you can use the Deadfire creation system to make an even better looking character avatar for your first Pillars character.

I ended up sortof roughly following this advice but not quite, here's what I did, and thank you:

1) screenshotting a face closeup during character creation

2) load the screenshot into irfanview and crop it down to a 210 x 330  pixel rectangle (use the image-change canvas size options to get it exact right) and name that [charactername]_lg.png

3) run the screenshot through the "color temperature" filter in Irfanview and then through as many layers of "oil filter" as you want, resize to 90x141 pixels, then "save as" that as [charactername]_convo.png

4) resize _lg.png down to 76x96 and save as [charactername]_sm.png

5) resize _convo.png down to 76x96 and save as  [charactername]_si.png

I think that's everything you need to do to get it working. Results are not perfect but if your character is something that's hard to find on the internet in pre-existing art (i.e., not an elf with huge knockers ) it can be a decent substitute.

Examples:
  • Like 1

How were you able to get such a closeup for the screenshot? It came out pretty good.

Thanks!

You just take the screenshot during character creation, there's a button to zoom in on the character's face. A high-res monitor then cropping down might help. If you're already playing the character, just remake them with the same settings.

• Like 1

edit: revised versions of the above:

https://imgur.com/ECWhmKx

https://imgur.com/5vVmygD

https://imgur.com/exf6wHL

https://imgur.com/FvaQ8Hd

I followed the method from this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97149-tutorial-watercolor-portraits-in-the-gimp/

And layered that over the above versions made just in Irfanview, to get a mix of the effects (when I initially tried the Gimp approach I got pictures that ended up looking washed out and ethereal in-game).

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

Since I'm in the process of going through PoE1... again... to prepare another character for Deadfire, I thought to rectify something that always bothered me a bit: The design of a certain, late game character.

Z3J2DoA.png2970uWK.pngWM4kFsW.pngBca4ynB.png

Note: I have yet to figure out how to actually change the portrait ingame, since just dropping it into the "npcs" folder, overwriting the original, didn't seem to do the trick... maybe it only works on a new playthrough?

Edited by warbaby2