The Custom Portraits Thread

OK, that might be the most stupid question ever, but I never managed to put an image on a Post on this forum.

When I click on image, the site ask me an URL. Does that mean only online image can be added ?

I have a nice portrait on my disk, but I can't remember where I found it...

Hi 0/

Sadly I think you have to upload them via an other webstite first then get the url and paste it :( 

It's the only way I know  

I will then ask you a little effort to do so because I wanna see your protraits !! :* 

And yea try to ask Cortana about some portraits folders too (might be somewhere) 

OK, that might be the most stupid question ever, but I never managed to put an image on a Post on this forum.

When I click on image, the site ask me an URL. Does that mean only online image can be added ?

I have a nice portrait on my disk, but I can't remember where I found it...

Hi 0/

Sadly I think you have to upload them via an other webstite first then get the url and paste it :(

It's the only way I know  

I will then ask you a little effort to do so because I wanna see your protraits !! :*

And yea try to ask Cortana about some portraits folders too (might be somewhere) 

Click on 'More Reply Options' (next to 'post') and you'll find the button to upload an attachment :)

(I had to be told that too, so it's not super-obvious)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I already used the attachment option (found it recentlt), but would it display the photo in the post or just make in downloadable ?

It uploads it to the server and makes a thumbnail under the post - I can't remember if it displays it in the post itself automatically - but if it doesn't, just open the attachment in a new window/tab and copy the url to the image option that you already found.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

So, I'm eventually able to post this portrait.

It took me a long time to find a suitable female Valian/Old Valian knight portrait, so I'm happy to share it.

In my opinion, this is a perfect picture for a Paladin (even if I used her as a chanter)

post-154401-0-96155100-1485801907_thumb.png

post-154401-0-66361700-1485801916.png

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 2

Hello. Amazing pieces of art I see around here! Here I have some custom portraits made by myself with some Photoshop and time to spare:

30w2t83.png     11hgxv7.png

This is Fornund Thornod, a mountain dwarf paladin of the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga.

2d8gxar.png     28v4pc8.png

This is Samtharas Lothinian, a meadow folk priest of Eothas.

I hope you like them! If so, I may post some more :p .

Hey, sorry I'm late. They're really good! Did you draw them yourself, or edit an existing drawing/photo?

So, I'm eventually able to post this portrait.

It took me a long time to find a suitable female Valian/Old Valian knight portrait, so I'm happy to share it.

In my opinion, this is a perfect picture for a Paladin (even if I used her as a chanter)

Agreed, very good picture.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to recreate one of my favourite Justin Sweet portraits, as frustratingly there are few hi-res versions of his work on the web. Unfortunately, there's only so much you can extrapolate from an image whose dimensions were ~400x600 pixels, it still looks substantially more, shall we say, impressionistic than other offerings in the base game, but I hope that sometime with a little more elbow grease I can make it more in line with the other portraits:

1Qz7W0A.png

qXzaeCh.png

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Here's my dwarven siblings from my current game that I started PoE2 in mind. My other playthrough is solo so I needed one that has all the companions recruited and also I've never done any of the their quests. The brother (MC) is barbarian and the sister a rogue.

Edited by dragubaba
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have commissioned the very talented artist Jason Seow to paint a few portraits

1AjBydI.pngbksIC3c.png

More to come. 

How much he charged? I really wanted a wood elf portrait - a young fighter with a black short hair.

If you want to commission a portrait from Jason Seow, you should contact him personally and ask about the price(his prices are quite fair, especially if you take into consideration the high quality of his work.)

• Like 6

verbeeg.gif

I really like Jason's style which is replicating the art from the game, but I think those two recent ones are a tiny bit too detailed to match perfectly. The first one in particular. But it's great art non the less and I'm glad it's shared here. :)

By the way: Is anyone else a bit sad that POE2 will also use those watercolor style portraits in dialogue? It will make adding own matching portraits harder and we also won't be able use the portraits from POE1 - at least not for dialogue. I'm not a fan of using portraits that look cool but don't match the rest of the art style, so this will probably mean that I have to stick to the portraits that come with the game.

Edited by Cerebro83

@Khagmas: what do you mean by lore friendly? The portrait looks perfectly lore friendly to me as it is.

I mean the style of drawing. Even the original portraits in the game are somewhat different: some portraits are made from people's photos and are stylized under the drawn image, while others are simply drawn.

It is difficult to explain, here as if there is not enough influence of that very portraitist: a bit of blurring on the sides, less clear lines ... I do not even know.

13226453.png13221333.png

There seems to be better with this, but not that in-game universe. :facepalm:

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 2