The Custom Portraits Thread

Also, just curious, I know you edited that image just as an example, but do you also think the face coloration is too saturated as well, or did you think it looked ok? I made it a little transparent to try and make it pop a little less, but not sure if it needs more maybe?

Not at all.  The amaua especially strike me as a people that are supposed to be pretty colorful and bold.  It makes sense for their faces and markings to be a little saturated.  Also great work on those new edits, they are excellent!

• Like 1

I like Hellwolve's cipher and Commander's chanters :)

P.S. Few more:

Condemnating Priest:

cdefkgJ.png

dz7owHx.png

Relentless Druidess:

WP7yoMQ.png

7y08zhK.png

Various:

KKGMARw.png

lxOw4bg.png

kToXPIu.png

6WYTg3j.pngSpeUlXK.png

• Like 2

Hello all, I am on the hunt for portraits and I'd be hugely grateful if you guys had any suggestions for the characters I'm trying to 'flesh out' as it were:

(Update: after quite a bit of searching I've found some portraits that fit what I'm looking for, although I've made some modifications to races in some cases.  I've attached them in case anyone is interested.  Note: all attached images are formatted 210x330 and 76x96 respectively.)

1) An Aumaua portrait (male) -> changed to HUMAN

- red armour would be best

- fighter archetype

- 2-handed weapons preferable (i.e. no shields)

- For example I like this picture: http://s32.postimg.org/y8muhal3p/Ladyof_Pain.jpg but I'd prefer male and more of an armoured look, but you get the idea - I like bright, vibrant colours and a clear face

001pain_lg.png 001pain_sm.png

2) A Pale Elf portrait (male/female)

- druid archetype

- 'feral' look would be awesome

- robes/clothing preferable

- staff preferable but not important

02_Druid2_LG.png 02_Druid2_SM.png

3) A Human/Dwarf/Orlan paladin portrait (male/female)

- Bleak Walker: dark, brooding archetypes best

- greenish/dark armour best

- dual-wielding, prefer not shields

003_Bleak_LG.png 003_Bleak_SM.png

4) A Nature Godlike portrait (female) -> changed to HUMAN

- wizard archetype

- robes/clothing preferable

- staff/wand preferable

004_Wizard_LG.png 004_Wizard_SM.png

5) A Wood Elf portrait (male/female)

- ranger archetype

- bow preferable, but fine with 'assortment of weapons'

005_Ranger_LG.png 005_Ranger_sm.png

6) A Boreal Dwarf portrait (male)

- chanter, but fine with warrior archetype because he's a tank with a shield etc

- plate armour

- firearms are fine but preferably not the focus of the portrait, otherwise don't mind what weapons are present (but not 2H)

006_Chanter_LG.png 006_Chanter_SM.png

In the end I went for portraits that were pretty dark... Oh well.  Hopefully you guys have found something interesting from this too.  I particularly like the Dwarf Chanter.  He's a ****ing bad-ass.  Haha.

I've found that I really prefer portraits that are focused on the character's face.  Pillars', and this applies to RPGs in general that have custom portraits, portrait dimensions are too small to allow for really detailed full-bodied portraits.  Focusing on the face brings the personality of the character to the fore.  It also helps to have all the party's portraits similar in this respect to give a better uniformity.

Edited by Yosharian
  • Like 1

Right, I know 'good versus evil' isn't really a thing in Pillars of Eternity, but, still, for my secondary party of six, I set out to make a few sociopaths that could decidedly be considered evil. Of course I had to have matching portraits. I've named them...

The Unusual Suspects

A little bit strange, a little bit deranged ;)

Female Pale Elf Priestess:

female_elf_priest_lg.pngfemale_elf_priest_sm.png

Female Human Chanter:

female_human_chanter_lg.pngfemale_human_chanter_sm.png

Female Human Cipher:

female_human_cipher_lg.pngfemale_human_cipher_sm.png

Male Death Godlike Paladin:

male_godlike_death_pally1_lg.pngmale_godlike_death_pally1_sm.png

Male Human Druid:

male_human_druid_lg.pngmale_human_druid_sm.png

Male Feral Wild Orlan Rogue:

male_orlan_rogue_lg.pngmale_orlan_rogue_sm.png

Tried to use art that has somewhat likeliness available in game models :) Especially proud of the Death Godlike :w00t:

Bonus:

female_human_wizard_lg.pngfemale_human_wizard_sm.png

male_elf_chanter_lg.pngmale_elf_chanter_sm.png

male_godlike_death_pally2_lg.pngmale_godlike_death_pally2_sm.png

Holy **** these are amazing.

And a couple of images that I downloaded but never used at all, you might find some use for them, they are quite nice:

The top 3 could work well for eternity.

Hello all, I am on the hunt for portraits and I'd be hugely grateful if you guys had any suggestions for the characters I'm trying to 'flesh out' as it were:

(...)

Too bad you already found what you wanted; I do enjoy 'portrait hunts' ;) Thanks for sharing the 'left overs' :)

Holy **** these are amazing.

Thanks! Glad my...work of finding and cutting these up is appreciated :) (Though to be fair to myself, the work for the Male Death Godlike was more involved than just cutting...)

• 1 month later...

Got a request for help here--once upon a time I installed a bunch of custom portraits and made heavy use of them. I recently decided to do another playthrough after many months, and, like a marooon, I failed to save my custom portrait folder in a safe place before I installed the new patches. So they've all apparently vanished now, and I'm trying to track them down again

The vast majority appear to have come from this set of BG portraits by artastrophe: http://artastrophe.deviantart.com/art/PaintBG-v2-409324931 Exceptional fan work!

They were posted on these boards in PoE-ready form here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67198-baldurs-gate-portraits-for-pillars-of-eternity/  (second post)

Unfortunately the kind soul who did so used Box and I can't download it from that link without shelling out money, it seems. I have no idea where I got this pack from originally. I can't find any other source of it, and I can't really edit the portraits myself. Anyone got any ideas?

@EphemeralToast maybe you should try to contact the author of the post. I tried to download the portraits too and I couldn't.

Here is another group:

Edit: I changed some pictures that were in the wrong size.

Priestess of Wael:

Wael.jpg

female_human_human1_lg.pngfemale_human_human1_sm.png

Druid/Wizard:

Storm.jpg

male_human_human1_lg.pngmale_human_human1_lg_alt.pngmale_human_human1_sm.png

Orlan Ranger with Wolf:

OrlanRanger.jpg

female_orlan_orlan1_lg.pngfemale_orlan_orlan1_lg_alt.pngfemale_orlan_orlan1_sm.png

Human Ranger with bear:

BearRanger.jpg

female_human_human2_lg.pngfemale_human_human2_lg_alt.pngfemale_human_human2_sm.png

Human Ranger without bear:

HumanRanger.jpg

female_human_human3_lg.pngfemale_human_human3_sm.png

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Unfortunately the kind soul who did so used Box and I can't download it from that link without shelling out money, it seems. I have no idea where I got this pack from originally. I can't find any other source of it, and I can't really edit the portraits myself. Anyone got any ideas?

Surely you don't need "all" those custom pics?  I would just look at the original versions, choose the ones you want to use, then take the normal download files and just resize the ones you need to pillars suggested dimensions.

Edited by Karkarov

• 2 weeks later...

Hugh Laurie joins you.

I will bring him along, but only if he is a healer, and even then he must be restricted in that he can cure anything except Lupus.  Because it is never actually Lupus.

• Like 1

Hugh Laurie joins you.

I will bring him along, but only if he is a healer, and even then he must be restricted in that he can cure anything except Lupus.  Because it is never actually Lupus.

However, he will have spell mastery for Cure Cancer, Amyloidosis or Autoimmune. It doesn't matter if someone is actually afflicted by any of these diseases, if you always consider them, you end up knowing the treatment.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic portraits overall in this thread, makes me sad I don't have that much of a talent to draw like that, these Orlan portaits especially are damn good.

Does anyone have proper Coastal Aumaua female barbarian portrait? Felt like starting another playthrough and this time I wanted to play a big badass girl :biggrin:

Now I am all fine for chain bikinis or a clothing that ain't full plate mail(in fact, can't really imagine barbarian wearing anything else than some fur rags or in worst case some leather armor) or generally likable face, but she needs to have that extra muscle :p

Been looking a lot so far but having real trouble finding an actual blue one.

Now as much as I adore Maneha portrait, I am not really into having two party members looking exactly the same.

I'd appreciate any help.

• 3 months later...

Hello. Amazing pieces of art I see around here! Here I have some custom portraits made by myself with some Photoshop and time to spare:

30w2t83.png     11hgxv7.png

This is Fornund Thornod, a mountain dwarf paladin of the Shieldbearers of St. Elcga.

2d8gxar.png     28v4pc8.png

This is Samtharas Lothinian, a meadow folk priest of Eothas.

I hope you like them! If so, I may post some more :p .

Edited by Belgeval
  • Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Nature Godlikes... they receive little love and even less portraits.
So I decided to "make" a custom portrait for Mauve, the cheerful monster hunter, my next character.
It's not my original art! It's made from different pieces and pictures of different artists; I've posted the links at the end.
I hope you like it ^^

214cox1.png             2ms3o20.png

This are the main resources I use for the image:

http://vielmond.deviantart.com/art/Mauve-Faux-Poster-473615138    (Camila Vielmond is an excellent artist! Take a look at her work.)
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ellen-Page-258720963
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/40/9e/bf/409ebf619686277bdc727c881b74a47e.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Elthalas
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi folks !

New to the game and new to the forum too (this is my fist post ) . 

I felt in love with the game about a week ago, but my only problem were the portraits. most of these I just can't ..

So I walked around the internet and gathered a bunch that I liked.

In this selection I skipped the Orlans and godlike races just because... personal aesthetic preferences. I don't play with them in my party so I didn't really tried to find some portraits for them sorry guys...

So here is the gallery :

https://teabagster.imgur.com/all/#1

And here is the whole compressed pack that you can download and move in the Pillars player portraits folder :  

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1pm4bd

I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I am. 

Let me know If you need some more, I think I'll try eventually to find some Orlan and Godlike pics in the future but not sure.

Have a good one .

Edited by TeaBagster
  • Like 2

OK, that might be the most stupid question ever, but I never managed to put an image on a Post on this forum.

When I click on image, the site ask me an URL. Does that mean only online image can be added ?

I have a nice portrait on my disk, but I can't remember where I found it...

• Like 1