The Custom Portraits Thread

Would anyone be able to scale this image for me in the appropriate (lg and sm) sizes? I'm starting a female human priest and I'm absolutely incompetent in imagery...

Thanks!

I am feeling really nice tonight so sure.  Here you go, nice and converted for you.

CFtjwIZ.png

xYW92mj.png

Here is an alternate small portrait if you want it a little more focused on the face.

661SOy6.png

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 4

Would anyone be able to scale this image for me in the appropriate (lg and sm) sizes? I'm starting a female human priest and I'm absolutely incompetent in imagery...

Thanks!

Usual Karkarov helpful stuff.

I don't want to start any bromance or man crush things here, but that was just what of my younger friends would always call 'cool guy.' Anyhow, I'm so impressed with some of the portraits I've seen. I tend to try not to get too terribly excited or bothered by an aggregate of pixels, but that Halfwise portrait of the Nature Godlike would be downright sexy if I did. lol I just started a new game and I'm thinking of looking at the portraits in this thread and starting yet one more time after I choose the portrait I like best. Alas, won't be the 'sexy' nature godlike since I plan on probably playing an elf this time around, but we'll see. I'm leaving it up to the talent of the portrait modders.
  • Like 1

bother?

While I don't know how to post images, I have been using many images made by this artist as portraits for my characters. There are some very good ones for ciphers and druids there, and fans of Brandon Sanderson may recognize some of the covers for his books there.

I really like 'The Ascendant Warrior' (ie Vin) portrait; fits the PoE art style well.

• Like 1

I don't want to start any bromance or man crush things here, but that was just what of my younger friends would always call 'cool guy.'

Lol, well I am the guy who wrote the original "how to make your own portraits" guide so I figured I would be nice and toss him a bone.  I also thought it was a nice portrait and I like to support any custom art that actually matches the existing game art style reasonably well.

While I don't know how to post images, I have been using many images made by this artist as portraits for my characters. There are some very good ones for ciphers and druids there, and fans of Brandon Sanderson may recognize some of the covers for his books there.

Man I was totally not impressed until I got to the bottom.  It is all about the pokemon's man!  All seriousness her top right pic would have made a great grieving mother replacement pic.

Man I was totally not impressed until I got to the bottom. It is all about the pokemon's man! All seriousness her top right pic would have made a great grieving mother replacement pic.
Which one? The Shadows for Silence in The Forests of Hell cover?(Aka: middle aged woman with silver knife surrounded by ghosts)

If you mean that one, I agree.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

I only got to play around with it briefly last night, but the expansion has brought back beards for Pale Elves.  Anyone got any portraits for bearded Pale Elves yet?  I been looking and not found anything suitable yet.  Well, aside from possibly this one:

Eddard_stark_by_teiiku.jpg

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Bastards! Now that I've seen this thread, I've got it in my head to restart my game (I only created the character and saved after the opening scene) using one of these portraits. I just have two ideas rattling around in my bone box:

Being a horribly sexist Neanderthal, I'm tempted to choose a pretty female pic because I know I'll be looking at the portrait the whole game

but

Being an old RPG player, I'm tempted to pic a ruggedly handsome male and pretending that it's me and that I'm ruggedly handsome.

Decisions decisions decisions!

• Like 4

bother?

Thanks!

I am feeling really nice tonight so sure.  Here you go, nice and converted for you.

CFtjwIZ.png

xYW92mj.png

Here is an alternate small portrait if you want it a little more focused on the face.

661SOy6.png

Karkorov, you're awesome.

Mille merci! :yes:

• Like 1

I spent some time in photoshop mashing various elements from several of the default female portraits together to get a Pale Elf that looked like it could be the in-game model of her.

Not perfect, but I got tired of fidgeting with it. Figure I'd share it here anyways original.gif

tyYmVcR.pngukw62Zu.png

blue hair ftw :D

I couldn't find any pale elf males I liked and of course I couldn't find any pale elf females with dark hair (since pale elves don't have dark hair). I was going to play a guy and take Dreamwayfarer's advice about a custom party, but since I only had one option for the portrait, I decided to go the female route. Thanks, Sylph, for the custom portrait. Looks sweet!
  • Like 2

bother?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys sorry to bother i am sure a few months ago there was a post in this thread with a link to a prog that helped you cut and resize your portraits for pillars, baldurs and icewind...it was very helpfull cause when i do it on my own i end up with very bad results lol...been trying to find the post with the link again but i fail...anyone could help?thanks

Something I've found on DA.

VNVLDqA.pngaV1xke2.png

sorry, Lysen. My comments got in your post. The dark hair comments are mine.

I like this one a lot. Typically go for dark hair, but this is cool.

P.S. Now that I'm home, I can edit this stuff a lot easier.

Edited by why

bother?

One thing that kind of bugged me is how the game stated that male Pale elves could grow facial hair, in contrast to male Wood elves which couldn't, but none of the Pale elf portraits sported any beards???

So I bring you some more amateur Photoshop hacking together of various other official portraits to try to get a bearded pale elf.

6Sa6HuF.pngNrGF0Ez.png

Not perfect but maybe someone can make use of it?

• Like 9