The Custom Portraits Thread

Thanks Nakia. Apparently never read all the character discriptions when creating mine.

I like your moon godlike portrait I think it close.   As I  recall the description also says that their limbs may cast a glow.  If you have a male moon godlike I would love  to see it.  :grin:  

If I had your  talent, GM, I would do one much like the one you did.  If I added pupils they would be faint not dark so they stand out but subtle.  I would make the hair more spikey.  The coloring is very good and the crescent perfect.

Do you mean Jaceface's Moon Godlike?

Oops, my error.  That is what I get for not reading carefully.  I do like who ever did it but I need a male.  Maybe a new brain too it is after midnight here so I will use that as an excuse.  

http://www.jasonseow.com/poeportraits

Check that link, Jaceface has a male moon godlike in his collection.

Thank you very much that was really nice of you to give me the link.  I  have downloaded and saved the images.  Also the one for  the Death head.  

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I found this awesome bearded elf if anyone thought they could use it to help the Pale Elf community on these forums. I found the picture on Pinterest but its from greg-opalinski.deviantart.com

Warning: Picture might be a bit big.

d7db7a630d7a0e7cfafb69f5858c77c5.jpg

So, does anyone think they can work with this?

Edited by Venatio

I found this awesome bearded elf if anyone thought they could use it to help the Pale Elf community on these forums. I found the picture on Pinterest but its from greg-opalinski.deviantart.com

Warning: Picture might be a bit big.

d7db7a630d7a0e7cfafb69f5858c77c5.jpg

So, does anyone think they can work with this?

Whatever you want but original portraits focus on face of a character (it takes always more than 40% of a picture) so it's a bit inconsistent. On the other hand my character's portrait doesn't fit PoE graphic style at all :D

...... <snip> .....  I don't have a program capable of re-sizing a picture without borking it up. 

try this ... select the POE button .. and drag your image from, say, windows explorer over .. create a selection rectangle

http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php

hope this helps ... excellent applet ... greetz to the author

Edited by kickingbird59
  • Like 4

hi guys i found this picture i wish i could use as a portait for my wood elf

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36100000/Luis-Royo-image-luis-royo-36133621-1920-1200.jpg

however its not cut down to portrait really and colour wise its kinda off plus she has all these markings on her head and eyes thats i have no idea how to get rid off...if anyone is borred and talened ofc (cause i am soooo bad at it) and feels like painting her pillars of eternity style and getting read of those head eye markings please please tell me :) thanks

Edited by yellowme
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not good in editing but maybe it will work for you. ^.^

1. Your picture without the face stuff.

85158597.png

Art by Luis Royo

2. Similar picture, maybe you like it. Removed the face stuff.

50838032.png

Luis Royo but different - by MeggieMoosie

oh wow you are so talented definetly using it as desktop icon thnks sooooo much still wish someone might be able to edit her ^^ cause i am so bad at it hehe

Well, I'm not good in editing but maybe it will work for you. ^.^

1. Your picture without the face stuff.

85158597.png

Art by Luis Royo

2. Similar picture, maybe you like it. Removed the face stuff.

50838032.png

Luis Royo but different - by MeggieMoosie

oh wow you are so talented definetly using it as desktop icon thnks sooooo much still wish someone might be able to edit her ^^ cause i am so bad at it hehe

omg just realised u cleaned the face omg ty so much weeee

...... <snip> .....  I don't have a program capable of re-sizing a picture without borking it up. 

try this ... select the POE button .. and drag your image from, say, windows explorer over .. create a selection rectangle

Well, that's the best thing I've seen today! I've been cropping pictures manually. Thanks for sharing that link!

Well, that's the best thing I've seen today! I've been cropping pictures manually. Thanks for sharing that link!

the author of that applet posted on page 9 (post 180) ... http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71722-the-custom-portraits-thread/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1602890

your thanks should go to him .. truly

At first I wanted to create my character in PoE as dull as in all RPGs I have played - similar to real-life me: tall human non beard slim spellcaster with retarded dexterity :p

Then I realized this is boring and I wanna try something different. So I created Hazelnut and I have to admit I feel bigger connection with her than with all my 'typical men' combined despite the fact she is almost my polar opposite in many aspects.

Girl Monk, Ixamitl Plains, background Philosopher :p , full DPS, smashes everything with bare fists, honest, passionate, emotional and crazy, with alcoholic problems (I give her all alcohol I can find in the game) but golden heart. And I know her custom portrait collides with 'baldur's gate style' or 'poe style' but I don't care, I love it.

yQ184eM.png

OqM99XF.png

Edited by Krajzen
  • Like 1

Companion portraits are boring .... not anymore here is my take on them , most found from pinterest  :closed:

29w6c75.pnga4vo20.png35lvuoy.png9s4fgi.jpg

2wlro94.png                                2jz5s7.png                                  20kf609.png                                  6giomt.png        

bf409s.png2hxvxp0.png122ff2h.pngv4papz.png

2aaa3aq.png                                  2zfmm2g.png                                 8yuk38.png                                 f4e07k.png

• Like 2

Here are a few more I found :)

169gdib.jpg

r0p64i.jpg

24xi0av.png

32zjtcx.jpg

No Rest for the Pro Party: 

o0e4xf.png

Paladin (Human), Chanter (Moon), Paladin (Human), Barbarian (Boreal Dwarf), Ranger (Wood Elf), Cipher (Island Aumaua)

Story Driven PotD

33yrmet.jpg

Monk (Human), Barbarian (Human), Hiravias, Kana, Sagani, Priest (Wood Elf)

Thinking of using the six Stand Still Stay Silent Character and making Portraits for them if there are any fans around :p

http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=329

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

35lvuoy.png

This picture is super epic! I just wish it were a bit more zoomed in. She seems too small in it. Like if it were 20% more zoomed in it would be perfect!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

35lvuoy.png

This picture is super epic! I just wish it were a bit more zoomed in. She seems too small in it. Like if it were 20% more zoomed in it would be perfect!

like so? Gets a bit blurry, but depends how much that bothers you... 

23m3t6u.png

Edited by Omnicron
  • Like 1

6ej155.jpg

35lvuoy.png

like so? Gets a bit blurry, but depends how much that bothers you... 

23m3t6u.png

Good enough. Thanks!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I was looking for some pictures I could use for my earth godlike char. These are the ones I found.

22556722.jpeg 38679370.jpeg 18295920.jpeg 88871724.jpeg 21071902.jpeg 15099504.jpeg

That's pretty much what my search yielded too.

I really like the Earth Godlike's deer aesthetic because it reminds me of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke (how he resembles a stag and makes plants grow every time he takes a step), but finding nice pictures that reflect that are hard to come by. (To say nothing of ones that look like the orlan or elf earth godlike I try to find!)

If you're not above a little Gothic influence, then Mothtail from deviantART has one or two (and I mean one or two) good ones.

223a7c6c2c2b7fab8deefe61421e3fd2-d3ha4od

8e8bd1ff1c2dc09518ebeef46c6d5448-d3hfych

This one could probably pass for an Orlan portrait if you zoomed in on his face and cropped most of the bottom. (Hello Aloth II)

ef07c6310a909498ca4a4e8720eab233-d3siqqa

• Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

I noticed there was kind of a shortage of druid/shaman/woodsy ladies, so here's a few portraits I made after a Pinterest spree.

vALQu3h.pngVGSJKZz.pngnlWG0sJ.pngxXGR5hu.pngcjZrQAM.pngjzYoOyv.pngKEO86mX.png

Album. Contains the large and small images, appropriately named. 

• Like 7