The Custom Portraits Thread

Hmmm... I'm surprised that no one linked or compiled that one - sure, sure, it's a drow I KNOW <insert a sigh and an eyeroll here> but imho the colour palette fits what we are being offered when creating the Pale Elf. Also, the art style is just, juuuust close enough to how companions and NPCs portraits looks like, thanks to which I was not forced to restart my game after initial hour or two (like the OCDP part of me did so many times before).

Unfortunately it lacks any facial hair ;(

http://fuuryoku.deviantart.com/art/Deadname-Eberron-Drow-31441961

Deadname__Eberron_Drow_by_fuuryoku.jpg

BTW: I don't understand it, but I can respect it, so I won't provide cut/cropped versions.

Luckily for us - lazy ones - there are wonderful people like this fella. I've tried it, I liked it and thus became even more entrenched in my sloth.

Hi everyone,

I made a tool to make easier the creation of custom portrait in Baldur's Gate, BGEE, Icewind Dale EE and now in PoE !

So if you want to add a new portrait and you don't want go in Paint for 10min, you can go here : http://notra.fr/portrait.php

<snip>

PS : If it doesn't work properly do not hesitate to tell me !
Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Found a link (posted by him, to reddit) to some PoE portrait art by Jason Seow

Wow, those are great! And "Unfortunately, I am not in any way affiliated with Obsidian Entertainment.", that's really unfortunate as those portraits are superior IMHO to some of those default ones are.

Still searching for Asian type portraits that appeal to me.

"fantasy Asian warrior"

"fantasy Asian sorceress"

...you can imagine where that gets me. Even if not nekkid, it's their faces that are all wrong. I don't want sexpot pouty-lipped, photo-like or anime-based faces. Maybe I should just photoshop a pic of myself. BAH.

I did like this generic guy portrait (among others). No idea of the creator/source, one of those wallpapers you find on dozens of sites....dangit, I wish I could draw.

male_human_ee_lg.pngmale_human_ee_sm.png

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"fantasy Asian warrior"

"fantasy Asian sorceress"

...you can imagine where that gets me. Even if not nekkid, it's their faces that are all wrong. I don't want sexpot pouty-lipped, photo-like or anime-based faces. Maybe I should just photoshop a pic of myself. BAH.

I did like this generic guy portrait (among others). No idea of the creator/source, one of those wallpapers you find on dozens of sites....dangit, I wish I could draw.

male_human_ee_lg.pngmale_human_ee_sm.png

I am able to find quite a few good pictures with those criterias from Pintrest though. Have you tried searching from there?

From example: 

asian warrior fantasy

asian fantasy witch (admitted, I used witch instead of sorcerer/sorceress)

asian fantasy witch

That's the too-made-up look I don't like, I prefer less fantastical faces, and usually ones that look a bit older. One reason I'm having such trouble re: females. I've probably looked at 500 wallpapers and stuff by now, hehe.

There's a couple of asian portraits in there too LadyCrimson.

The 2nd and 4th aren't bad (except for the mohawk, heh). I like serious/scowly expressions.

Anyway, I'll look some more at those links later, too. I'll find something. If I get too desperate I can photoshop-wash more famous ppl. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have you tried doing an image search for Legend of the Five Rings (or other Asian-inspired pen and paper RPGs)?

Its always a grab-bag, but I liked some of the pictures that showed up doing a search for Lot5R (like this one from the wikia)

Tsuruchi_Kosoko_2.jpg

And there were some pictures like this that could work for an evil mage type 142021_249737.jpg that is a wallpaper taken from some of the card game art

(Of course tastes vary so you may hate all of these, but there was a lot more out there in different styles and different degrees of realism/fantasy and normal/sexy

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Currently using these myself:

1) Fire Godlike Barbarian

Fire_lg_zpstr2svwpj.png

2) Fire Godlike Wizard

Fira_lg_zpsmfbaqjcy.png

3) Pale Elf Wizard

sss_lg_zpszo0cwsdj.png

Loving the pale elf wizard. Can you post the appropriate version so i can use it myself? :)

Unfortunately I can not remember the particular seach I did for that one :(  Spent many hours looking for what I wanted. 

Try: Fantasy wizard female dark  - or a combination, and search google for images, good luck!

[...]

3) Pale Elf Wizard

sss_lg_zpszo0cwsdj.png

Loving the pale elf wizard. Can you post the appropriate version so i can use it myself? original.gif

Unfortunately I can not remember the particular seach I did for that one sad.png  Spent many hours looking for what I wanted. 

Try: Fantasy wizard female dark  - or a combination, and search google for images, good luck!

I found the original picture on Deviantart: Dark Elf Mage - Concept 2 by Arsinoes

• Like 1

Beat to the punch by Kirschrose

*tips hat*

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

All SO PURDY

so, with that I must post..~

http://pillarsofeternity-fc.deviantart.com/

If you have a deviantart, you can post them in the portraits section of the group :D

(also jooiiiiinnn if you have a dA, you dont have to be a drawer you can be a WATCHER ((lol pun)) to add to this group :D )

• Like 1

Aloth  :wub:  

...It should be illegal to be that fine. 8) or adorkable ♥