The Custom Portraits Thread

I whipped up a few more creepy/surreal Death Godlike portraits! You can find them under the Spoiler tag below.

I have started gathering the portraits I've made for Death Godlikes in an album on Imgur in case anyone else is interested. The original artists are credited and I have linked back to the original artwork for each portrait. I'm going to be adding more over the weekend so if you're looking for a portrait that's a bit more abstract or unsettling, it's worth a look. You can find the link here or below in my sig.

please make some more like this!

• Like 1

Just showing what silly I'm working on...my Supernatural party. :biggrin:
Dean=Fighter, Castiel=Priest, Charlie=Rogue, Sam will be Barbarian ("Moose"). Not sure about the other two. Bobby as the Wizard? Lucifier as another Fighter? Crowley as....? Hmm....

..PITA getting DVD screencaps that work + fiddling with them a little bit. Maybe I should add hats.

PoE-Obs-0014.jpg

PoE-Obs-0013.jpg

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thought I would try my hand at this. I am no artist, but I am very patient. Here's what I was working with for a Dead/Moon Godlike:

Original (From some BG Portrait Pack):

GFfyvnf.png

So I dropped it in GIMP and started tweaking... slowly...saving everytime I wasn't bothered by anything, until......

sCOIMlx.png

And because I am playing a druid, I needed something to signify that. Its's subtle (just 3 little tweaks), you'd maybe not even see it if not looking for it. But I like subtle...

AO105NV.pngA5yZtLK.png

• Like 2

Painted some custom portraits for me and my friends, might as well share them

tumblr_inline_nmerhxYXgD1qf17fq_250.png  tumblr_inline_nmp5oaoEry1qf17fq_540.png  tumblr_inline_nmp5o6jyxQ1qf17fq_540.png

tumblr_inline_nmeri639zw1qf17fq_100.png tumblr_inline_nmp5o7sYNf1qf17fq_540.png tumblr_inline_nmp5o5oDpd1qf17fq_540.png

Awesome. Just, awesome. Well done!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

please make some more like this!

I've added a few more portraits to the set so hopefully you'll find something you like.

tumblr_inline_nmerhxYXgD1qf17fq_250.png  tumblr_inline_nmp5oaoEry1qf17fq_540.png  tumblr_inline_nmp5o6jyxQ1qf17fq_540.png

tumblr_inline_nmeri639zw1qf17fq_100.png tumblr_inline_nmp5o7sYNf1qf17fq_540.png tumblr_inline_nmp5o5oDpd1qf17fq_540.png

I love these - that aumaua looks like she's a moment away from ending someone. :fdevil:

• Like 1

Creepy and Surreal - Death Godlike PoE Portrait Pack - Last Updated 12 April 2015

Hnnnnnggggg. Beautiful. Really wishing we could change portraits mid-game. The Deathlike is perfect.

You can replace the image file of your current portrait with the new one and it'll be changed. Of course, that will change that portrait for all characters using it, but it's what I did at least.

Just showing what silly I'm working on...my Supernatural party. :biggrin:

Dean=Fighter, Castiel=Priest, Charlie=Rogue, Sam will be Barbarian ("Moose"). Not sure about the other two. Bobby as the Wizard? Lucifier as another Fighter? Crowley as....? Hmm....

..PITA getting DVD screencaps that work + fiddling with them a little bit. Maybe I should add hats.

you are such a girl.  

is not a criticism.  

that being said, given that we were thinking you were closer to Gromnir age, shouldn't your choice be more along the lines o'

1977-Hardy-Boys-Mysteries.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

ps edited out the soul-crushing supernatural images.  nobody needs more o' that.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hehe...Shaun Cassidy. Yup, had such a crush on him as a wee.

I like Supernatural tho, even if it's a tad silly at times. Although I mostly like in binges on Netflix - 1st run commercial episodes are a terrible way to watch it. Only started watching it last year/this year. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was in the same boat as a lot of people re: Moon Godlike portraits, so I recolored a couple of images.  Not real sure "Blue and Glowy" makes it a strong contender for Moon Godlike, but the one Moon Godlike female provided was a little too kind looking for me and I was tired of using the hooded pale elf.  So in case someone else wants them:

6ZL8OI4.png

XS4mrj8.png

JPyifuL.png

Phj87Tc.png

• Like 3

You'd think that with 77,000 backers they could have come up with better than 66 average quality portraits.

Also Moon Godlike portrait doesn't have horns like the mesh does. I know, picky, but, like I said, with so many backers, they could have put a bit more effort into it and had more choices.

I'm currently working on my own Moon Godlike, hopefully ready soon. (with horns!!!) (or antennae, whatever they are...)

• Like 1

Was in the same boat as a lot of people re: Moon Godlike portraits, so I recolored a couple of images.  Not real sure "Blue and Glowy" makes it a strong contender for Moon Godlike, but the one Moon Godlike female provided was a little too kind looking for me and I was tired of using the hooded pale elf.  So in case someone else wants them:

6ZL8OI4.png

That's surprisingly decent.  I prefer it to what we got.  I'd probably recolor the background area, but I can do that myself.

Edited by Daemonjax

Would someone with image editing skills be able to make a version of Calisca's portrait that has Red Hair instead of blonde? I really love the style of the original portraits and I just can't bring myself to use something random (as they never seem to fit).

Edited by koski

Those are cool, loving the Orlan!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams