The Custom Portraits Thread

I decided to make my own generic portraits.. Portraits that might represent the class or feeling of a character I want to play rather than a face I feel I need to copy.

examples:

mfwDa5b.png

As3smgE.png

NxnQNLx.png
pjWMtWB.png

MLLpltb.png

jURanxN.png

I also made some animal ones for druids;

iEBo6mM.png

pmo3S30.png

J5JpawN.png

tW67lCX.png

The rest are here if anybody wants any.

http://imgur.com/a/FevX4

• Like 4

Link and preview are in my sig. The file will add over 100 original artwork portraits. No retouched works or edited photos, and all the portraits match in style. It is among one of the best collections of portraits I've come across.

Okay... I tried following the link, but it wouldn't download. I clicked on the "download" button - both places it was on screen - but it just did nothing. (I even tried signing up for Box and installing the software, which appeared to do nothing.) Any ideas?

I  also couldn't get it to work. 

I changed the link. It should work now.

Awesome! Do you plan to do more PoE specific portraits?

I hate sounding like a crochety old fart, but could I as that the Mods delete any comments here that don't properly attribute work to the artist that created it?  Each post including art should (at the very least) include the artist name and a link to where it's found originally. 

Not even going to go down the road where you shouldn't, legally/morally, be using these without permission as I know it's a losing cause, but the Obsidian forums shouldn't be facilitating violation of copyrights. 

It's subtle, but it only just now occurred to me that Durance's portrait...

Durance-portrait.jpg

...has a little of Mr. DeMartino from Daria going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Md0bGSrzlw

Though that shouldn't come as too big of a surprise.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

What's up with so many female portraits in this thread??

I don't know. For some reason I like playing female PCs in single player games and male ones in multiplayer.

But I made two characters for this game, so I am playing both at the same time. Here is my priest of Eothas:

Source: http://eventrue.deviantart.com/art/Ayren-169533263

__Ayren___by_XxKalixX.jpg

The eyes read your soul and demand you seek redemption!

Edited by Valmy

Hey figure I'd share the portrait I'm using. Found a few great Legend of the Cryptids(android app ccg) images over on Pinterest, I credit the artist in brackets. One is a Priest of Eothos and the other is a Cipher. Images work great as one wears a breastplate and other wears brigantine.

Anyone else have trouble getting the smaller portrait image the right size? I usually have to fiddle around with the image for awhile to ensure the PC face isn't larger then the companions when it's in that off-screen bubble.

33mrhw4.pnge7jm6o.png(Young-june Choi)

dhg1l.pngm7ddao.png(justice wong)

Bonus; considered these before I decided on my Priest.

243kak5.png2mwd44.png God over at Deviant art)

241p3ti.png30rw8yx.png(Crow God over at Deviant art)

I hate sounding like a crochety old fart, but could I as that the Mods delete any comments here that don't properly attribute work to the artist that created it?  Each post including art should (at the very least) include the artist name and a link to where it's found originally. 

Not even going to go down the road where you shouldn't, legally/morally, be using these without permission as I know it's a losing cause, but the Obsidian forums shouldn't be facilitating violation of copyrights. 

Doubtful that anybody is going to use these images for profit.. just a bunch of people trying to find a picture that matches an image in their head. .

Just googling images will lead you to tons and tons of images.. You just click "view image" .. there's no artist attributed or anything like that on google images.  If you happen to actually go to the page you sometimes find they also don't attribute the picture to the original artist or more likely.. never had permission to put that art on their site in the first place. Sometimes, finding the original artist of an image would take a detective.  This is more a case of "the internet is what it is" rather than people consciously trying to rip someone off.

• Like 1

Update!  An (I believe) improved elven female Moon Godlike portrait.  After about 4 different finishing passes, it looks a bit more like it belongs with the painting style of the other portraits in the game.

If anyone wants to use this, feel free.

elven_female_moon_godlike_by_sablephoeni

Edited by Sable Phoenix
  • Like 10

Well nobody is expecting royalties but it does no harm to make sure people know who the artist is. Maybe that might eventually get commissions headed that artist's way. 

Deleting ones that fail to do so seems a bit extreme though.

• Like 1

I'm calling shotgun for doing Dragon Age\Neverwinter nights portraits, as someone has already done Icewind Dale and I am pretty sure Baldur's gate will follow.

^From Tartantyco's signature:

Haven't seen DA or NWN yet though

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I've seen plenty of great custom portraits thanks to thread and few other places, but I'm wondering are there any good Male Orlan portraits out there ?

Not yet.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.