The Custom Portraits Thread

Anyone have/found any good Male death Godlike avatars? Would really appreciate one for the one with the big horns.

are you referring to the one with the one big horn or the one with the two curling horns

The one with like the big bull looking horns, not the one with the little "curling" horns.

Here's a small compilation of portraits I've adapted from various artwork specifically for my own party of adventurers.

Edit: Now updated with fixed small portraits and a handful new ones. I've cut the source material as well as templates since it was becoming needlessly bulky. I'll see if I can include source information in the portraits as tags somehow - If not, people can still easily google the images for their sources and credits.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyjuv7l03cldc8o/PoE_portraits_28_03.rar?dl=1

Edited by Mansen

Did you do that or did someone else?

I think I made it pretty clear, that I do not appreciate my work being posted cropped or without backlink. (Not that I should have to.)

This is essentially both.

Aside from obviously no credit being given to any of the other artists either.

But it's pretty obvious,  many people here have no respect for artists , their work, or their rights, whatsoever.

Forgive me for being blunt but how exactly are people supposed to know which art belongs to who when you just stumble upon it on the internet? Google has millions of images, and there's just as many websites dedicated to hosting similar things. Even if the person in question wanted to give the artist their due credit, it gets to a point where its just impossible - the image has probably been re-uploaded so many times from so many sources that it just becomes a hopeless quest.

If you're the real artist then you have all the rights in the world to demand credit (and anyone who says otherwise either has no morals or has never invested enough time into art to recognize and respect the plea of fellow artists). However... you shouldn't go all blazing guns on people assuming they're doing in purpose because you never know how they acquired it and where. Identify yourself as the artist, request the credit that yours and provide a link to your art website (DeviantArt for example) in case they're interested to similar pieces, but don't be rude about it... There's no need to be rude.

• Like 2

I had trouble finding a portrait that matched my blonde bearded pale elf rogue.  I took a screenshot from the character creation after I setup his appearance, then I put it in ms paint and cropped and resized it to the right dimmensions.   The small version of the image fits well with the companion npc's and the large version isn't too out of whack either.

2klfz4.png

25pu22r.png

• Like 1

I wish there was more love around for female moon godlikes. Made one as my custom priest companion and had to settle for the female pale elf portrait as the moon godlike one is pretty much the only portrait I really don't like.

• Like 1

Link and preview are in my sig. The file will add over 100 original artwork portraits. No retouched works or edited photos, and all the portraits match in style. It is among one of the best collections of portraits I've come across.

Okay... I tried following the link, but it wouldn't download. I clicked on the "download" button - both places it was on screen - but it just did nothing. (I even tried signing up for Box and instaling the software, which appeared to do nothing.) Any ideas?

• Like 1

monstah_sketch_03_by_darkcloud013-d7m48l

Cropped the head for portraits for my horned Death Godlike, since the game provides you only a single portrait. It somewhat matches my character, but had I known that the game doesn't recognize my characters race at all I woulda probably picked something less fancy. Just wanted to go with the theme of being alien. Lol.

Edit: Big image is big

Edited by NorthernSquirrel
  • Like 2

Link and preview are in my sig. The file will add over 100 original artwork portraits. No retouched works or edited photos, and all the portraits match in style. It is among one of the best collections of portraits I've come across.

Okay... I tried following the link, but it wouldn't download. I clicked on the "download" button - both places it was on screen - but it just did nothing. (I even tried signing up for Box and installing the software, which appeared to do nothing.) Any ideas?

I  also couldn't get it to work. 

Okay... I tried following the link, but it wouldn't download. I clicked on the "download" button - both places it was on screen - but it just did nothing. (I even tried signing up for Box and installing the software, which appeared to do nothing.) Any ideas?

I changed the link. It should work now.

artastrophe's custom BG2 portraits   --   preview

"Maybe they can make a loot item called "combat." Then, you could collect it, and turn it in to someone for an XP reward."

- Lephys

Anybody have a good idea where to find generic portraits that would represent the class of the character? Kind of like Neverwinter Nights 1 eventually had.. (like the 9 top portraits in the picture below)  Some of those would actually work if I could find them anywhere. It would be so much easier to build a character and not have to rely on having to pick a portrait that only slightly resembles what I want to build.  

f3uOOur.jpg

I had trouble finding a portrait that matched my blonde bearded pale elf rogue.  I took a screenshot from the character creation after I setup his appearance, then I put it in ms paint and cropped and resized it to the right dimmensions.   The small version of the image fits well with the companion npc's and the large version isn't too out of whack either.

2klfz4.png

25pu22r.png

You know that's what DAO did and I loved it.  Made finding a portrait a non-issue since the pic actually was a pic of your character.  DOS didn't do this and I have a terrible time trying to create the character to match one of the very limited portraits available.  Right, I have to pick the portrait first and then try to match the actual character to it which is a terrible way to have to do it.  I believe W2 actually gives you the option to do either ... the best of both worlds.  Course then there's DAI which gives you no portrait of the actual PC at all.

I really wish PoE gave more options.

I changed the link. It should work now.

Yeah, that worked, cheers!

You know that's what DAO did and I loved it.  Made finding a portrait a non-issue since the pic actually was a pic of your character.  DOS didn't do this and I have a terrible time trying to create the character to match one of the very limited portraits available.  Right, I have to pick the portrait first and then try to match the actual character to it which is a terrible way to have to do it.  I believe W2 actually gives you the option to do either ... the best of both worlds.  Course then there's DAI which gives you no portrait of the actual PC at all.

I really wish PoE gave more options.

I know this struggle all too well.

I'm going to suggest what I did with Baldur's Gate - its the portrait that dictates how your character looks like, not the body options in the character creation. Remember how in Baldur's Gate your character was nothing more than a bunch of pixels with a humanoid silhouette and some resemblance of armor? Well, let's just pretend this game is the same thing and roll with it. I don't think PoE has scripted events that make a reference to the hair colors and face you picked when making a character, so all is good in that regard.

I know its not an easy thing to do at first - specially if we're nitpickers (like me) who prefers portraits that stay true to what the race is and represents. I'm having the hardest of times trying to find a deer-woman for my nature godlike. We just have to give artists enough time to make some more PoE-inspired portraits and we should be good to go. :)

------------------------------------------------------------

On an completely unrelated note... if anyone can find an interesting looking deer-woman for my nature godlike, I would appreciate it immensely.

I found this piece of art that looks very, very similar to what I'm looking for but sadly its not colored. 

a_woman_deer____thing_by_lizzuzci-d3gvxk

Art belongs to Lizzuzci  :)

Here's a list of interesting images I found exclusively on DeviantArt, enjoy. The images are unedited, so most of them are relatively large.
Please understand that NONE of them are my work, they belong to their respective artists... and I'm just spreading their awesome work! :)

pan_by_telthona-d4z17vo.jpg

satyr_head_by_telthona-d4rw8iq.jpg

silvernai__inari_by_telthona-d4f7v1o.jpg

egil__thane_uthred__s_huskarl_by_chrisku

knight_portrait_by_fetsch-d5aga9p.jpg

sketch_15_by_fetsch-d5sfily.jpg

israfel___angel_of_song_by_petemohrbache

shelegiel__angel_of_snow_by_petemohrbach

Crow_in_Winter.jpg

kampfer_by_banished_shadow-d7trbhx.png

human_wizard_by_saturnoarg-d3kpdus.jpg

the_searcher_by_adelenta-d3h44mh.jpg

140401_by_exellero-d7dnvtm.jpg140127_by_exellero-d73z8q8.jpg

0002_3_by_hoooook-d7o1jt0.jpguntitled_25_by_aditya777-d6wkp2o.jpg

ice_queen_by_coliandre-d8kenla.jpg

• Like 1

Have you always wanted your Watcher to look like Yvonne Strahovski, or Seth Green? If so, this might be the post for you! I cropped all the characters from Andrew Ryan's amazing Dragon Effect pieces to the appropriate proportions for PoE. Art credit obviously goes to him, and the characters all belong to BioWare. I also threw in some Dragon Age: Origins concept art because, hey, why not?

Previews:

3JMiJRu.png

nQicoON.png

And finally: link.