The Custom Portraits Thread

I have mine all set from when I backed Path of Exile, also started playing last night and from purposefully ignoring everything about the game since kickstarter started.......

Needless to say I am in complete awe of the game........started on hard, spent 6 hours and only just got to Vail town having killed everything but the bears.....after which it was 2am and feeling as if I had only played for 10 mins.

Thankyou so much Obsidian and all peeps who helped make this game happen :dancing:

cCLgG1t.png

I notice that most custom portraits so far are very Caucasian. Does someone also have some good portraits for Savannah Folk? (I imagine them as kind of Mediterranean looking, kind of like the people from Braavos in GoT... there aren't any portraits in the game that fit.)

In any case, thanks for all the awesome portraits! I guess I'll edit mine to make it a bit more personal, but it's always good to have a basis from which to start.

... basicly all 3D games produced after 2005. Skyrim had great graphics. It is beyond me why the characters look so uncanny-valley-ish.

Do you have to say controversial stuff like this in threads that have nothing to do with this kind of thing? It just invites people to derail the thread. (I feel really compelled to reply to you, but this is simply not the place for a discussion about Skyrim's character models.)

I never understood why most people like playing with an evil looking hooded rogue or female super model likes, with no pernonality whatsoever in the portrait.

I'm not sure what you refer to as "female super model", but when it comes to a hooded rogue, there can be *plenty* of personality in the portrait.

Fun fact: that guy and one of the voice sets from IWD 2 (I think male rogue 2, the thin, evil-ish sounding one who says "my body can'rt keep pace with the blood leaving it!" when he go badly wounded (which happened quite a lot) whom I used for a Fighter/Rogue, The Black Dagger buried so memorably into my head, he remains thus far the only characte created for a computer game tha has made the transition to table-top RPGs. (It's more usually the other way around.)

So, I think I have to say "hell, yeah!" to your comment...!

I never thought to look for custom protraits before I started yesterday (it might have made the tortuous process of picking a character more easy, since a few ideas I abandonded becaue I culdn't get a portriat to fit...) In the end, I just plumped for the Legolas-looking fellow as a Cipher, because I just couldn't pick between my vritually-always-pick wizard or rogue (since that was what I last played in DA:O), so I thought split the difference. And I figured if I don't like any of the companions or somehting, I can always pick up a pale elf female elf wizard later...! Or possibly a Tauriel-clone Elf fighter, because I, for one, loved the Hobit movies...!)

(That said, I only played for about a half an hour yesterday, if that, by the time I'd actually generated a character...!)

Hi everyone,

I made a tool to make easier the creation of custom portrait in Baldur's Gate, BGEE, Icewind Dale EE and now in PoE !

So if you want to add a new portrait and you don't want go in Paint for 10min, you can go here : http://notra.fr/portrait.php

Select the PoE radio button, upload your image, crop the large format, then the small format, and download the zip file. It contains both cropped images well formatted and named. Then you juste have to put them in the right folder :

\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\male

or

\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\female

I didn't tried it yet, but I think it is good.

So have a nice adventure with your character, and thak you Obsidian and bakers for making thsi game real !

Cheers !

PS : If it doesn't work properly do not hesitate to tell me !
  • Like 9

Some awesome works here! But I would love to have a nice portrait for my Dwarf Nature Godlike - he looks evil and sinister, with his huge horns, green skin and wild hair, more like evil Satyr than that hippy we have as a default Male Nature Godlike :D Any ideas? Has someone see art like this somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using the... blue cloak portrait in the game at the moment. None really fit for me--either its a different skin color or wrong hair color. Light skinned, dark haired, Aristocratic Priestess (Not even going to try for a ponytail as this seems hard enough) is not something that really comes up. I may try playing around in Photoshop, but not sure if it'll end well. 

I don't know if anyone remembers them, but back in the BG2 days there was a bunch of Celebrities as characters pictures someone made. I think the site is gone, but some people are still putting them up around the web. I have a couple here. Though I have no idea how to upload images on these boards.

Link and preview are in my sig. The file will add over 100 original artwork portraits. No retouched works or edited photos, and all the portraits match in style. It is among one of the best collections of portraits I've come across.

artastrophe's custom BG2 portraits   --   preview

"Maybe they can make a loot item called "combat." Then, you could collect it, and turn it in to someone for an XP reward."

- Lephys

I just can't help it, but I always think the godlike look either goofy or ugly.  ...And sometimes both.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, I've been approving your work up until now (when you no longer need mod approval) and I'm impressed with it.  The godlike look is just creepy to me.  That's probably good, but it's still... offputting?  Your work, however, is quite good.  At least I think it's your work.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, I've been approving your work up until now (when you no longer need mod approval) and I'm impressed with it.  The godlike look is just creepy to me.  That's probably good, but it's still... offputting?  Your work, however, is quite good.  At least I think it's your work.

ha i wish it was my work but no

• Like 1