So, it's done. Congrats. Here's some KS feedback FWIW

To the OP.....agree with everything you said except point 2.

Seriously...you're saying Biowares Chris 'fat useless idiot' Priestly used to be a 'good' CM?  rofl..hahaha....*dies laughing*.....

Idiot would sooner berate your grandmother than actually be any help and do his actual job.

To the OP.....agree with everything you said except point 2.

Seriously...you're saying Biowares Chris 'fat useless idiot' Priestly used to be a 'good' CM?  rofl..hahaha....*dies laughing*.....

Idiot would sooner berate your grandmother than actually be any help and do his actual job.

No, I was referring to the post-Chris regime and especially the CM team around Inquisition.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Plenty of things could've been done better, and plenty of things could/should be fixed/adjusted in updates or expansions. I feel a long dissertation on the topic stewing in the depths of my misanthropic soul, but I won't release it until things settle down here a bit.

It's still a massive success, little warts and all. JES can design an RPG system that's rich, varied, and fun to play. Take that doubters!

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

JES can design an RPG system that's rich, varied, and fun to play. Take that doubters!

That's always going to be a matter of opinion. Like I say, it's a matter of taste. Large swathes of it aren't to mine.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah 'pinions man.

Most of the things I'd like to see changed are matters of execution rather than design, e.g. the way toons often refuse to attack the target you designated but switch to something else, or run back and forth because there isn't a path to the target. Or balancing issues; the paladin seems a bit underwhelming ATM for example, and the wizard needs to be beefed up a bit to match the druid in its main mission. Little things.

Design-wise, the biggest thing I'd like them to change is stealth. It's serviceable but not really all that interesting or fun. At least make it per-character, allow re-stealthing in combat if you move out of the field of view, and, ideally, switch from circles to circle+cone so you can sneak up on people from behind. Designing stealth as a game mode was a bad idea.

I also disagree with some of the decisions made in the spell system. While it's not bad by any means -- combining things to attack weak defenses to debuff stronger ones so you can do damage is interesting enough in its way -- it could be a lot better. The wizard self-buffs are useless because of the opportunity cost in time: removing pre-buffing outright was throwing the baby out with the bath water. There should also be room for more interesting counters than just Suppress Affliction.

But I'm really digging the "core" character mechanics -- the way each class plays genuinely differently, and the way you can skew them in different directions. I also like the combat more and more as I go. I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I am enjoying dealing with the engagement mechanic -- using it to lock down enemies, observing it to see when I can move with impunity, and dealing with it when one of my squishies gets engaged.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com