f6aa300e8914db0baf1c503aadfe36ee-d8n5zop

I just finished a portrait of what will be my first character, an elven Moon Godlike.  I don't know yet if she'll be a Chanter or a Cipher.

I tried to emulate the style of the existing character portraits.  I don't think I did very well, something still feels off about this to me, but I've spent ten or twelve hours on it and I don't think I'll fix whatever's wrong with it if I haven't already.

Edited by Sable Phoenix
  • Like 6

Nice godlike!

I tried to emulate the style of the existing character portraits.  I don't think I did very well, something still feels off about this to me, but I've spent ten or twelve hours on it and I don't think I'll fix whatever's wrong with it if I haven't already.

Hahaha, I know the feeling, at some point you just have to let it go, man. :banghead:

A quick fix is the eyes, light is reflective, so you wouldn't have those black areas in her eyes, especially if they're all white. Fill in those black spots with light blue highlights. If you have a flashlight try holding your hand over the light and notice how the light absorbs in the skin. You'll want her skin to feel like light is absorbing or reflecting.

:)

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

A quick fix is the eyes, light is reflective, so you wouldn't have those black areas in her eyes, especially if they're all white. Fill in those black spots with light blue highlights. If you have a flashlight try holding your hand over the light and notice how the light absorbs in the skin. You'll want her skin to feel like light is absorbing or reflecting.

:)

The eyes were on purpose.  They're actually a very deep blue.  I copied the major features of an ingame Moon Godlike model, which has dark eyes and bright pupils.

When I say I'm unsatisfied, I mean with my ability to copy the style that the other PoE portraits are painted in.  I imagine a good part of that is because they were most likely painted in Painter and I use Photoshop.

Edited by Sable Phoenix

When I say I'm unsatisfied, I mean with my ability to copy the style that the other PoE portraits are painted in.  I imagine a good part of that is because they were most likely painted in Painter and I use Photoshop.

The style's good though.

I think it's the crease of the cheek that's wrong.

If her mouth is has that little smile, the crease should be a little higher. Maybe.

Really nice job, did you make this from scratch?

I used references of in-game models and existing character portraits, and a couple of photographs were used to help with lighting, but yes, I painted it from scratch.