US initiate yet another bloody war

obyknven

US after shameful flee from Yemen initiate war against this country. Capital of Yemen and other civilian targets  bombed into ash.

http://rt.com/news/244117-saudi-arabia-bombs-yemen-houthis/

US President Obama has authorized the provision of logistical and intelligence support to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)-led military operations in Yemen, the White House said in a statement, confirming that Washington had close communication with Hadi, the Saudis and other GCC states prior to the launch of the military operation.

“While US forces are not taking direct military action in Yemen in support of this effort, we are establishing a Joint Planning Cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate US military and intelligence support,” the statement said.

Yemen-New-Afghanistan-06.08.2013.jpg

what happens to the US, happened to my brother while playing rome 2. he did too many wars in too short a time that his economy was going to sink if he stopped fighting other nations

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Results of terroristic air strikes.

0_125223_91bcb3d3_XL.jpg

0_125221_45d5b573_XL.jpg

i always wondering for what West and their allies perform such air strikes  against civilians. Do they trying startle enemies?!  Korean/Vietnam war show how useless such strategy yet 40 - 50 years ago. Or maybe  NATO generals just too dumb for understanding this?

Well Yemen does have some oil and natural gas so I suppose it time to warm up the WAVE MOTION GUN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j733K7vvbyM

wtf is that movie? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It appears to be a live action of Star Blazers (a favorite cartoon from my youth). Its originally known as Space Battleship Yamato to the Japanese. The primary weapon was the Wave Motion Gun (that giant barrel in the bow of the ship) and it could devastate entire planets with one shot.

If only the USA would learn to focus their time and energy on good causes and help liberate neighboring countries, yknow like Russia does.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Isn't this going to put even more of a strain on the US economy? What a time to go to war.

US is barely involved, won't cost anything much. Not nearly as much as is being spent on bombing ISIS, might even be a net benefit since Saudi will need to replenish all the arms they're going to use. Oby is just trollin' since it's basically the Saudis and their rent-a-mob (pretty much literal) going off to beat up what they see as an Iranian proxy who has beaten up their proxy. Which is kind of accurate, but the issues with Zaydi/ Yemen date back a very long time and are far more political rather than sectarian in nature:

• Saudi deciding to grab Asir about a century ago
  • despite what Al-J and Al-A are busy saying it isn't just the shia Houthi opposing the nominal 'government' and there isn't widespread resistance to them, indeed there was a complete collapse of government resistance which is why there is an intervention
  • the North (largely Zaydi)/ South Yemen divide, twenty odd years ago they were separate countries and many in the south want it so again
  • the former President Saleh being forced to resign, while in Saudi Arabia, and the current 'president' becoming so after a patsy 'democratic' 'election' in which he was the only candidate
  • lots of the typical Saudi destabilisation by exporting nutbar Salafi extremism, encouraging Al Qaeda involvement etc.
  • it's basically Invasion Bahrain, mk 2, except the Houthi are far more formidable than some Bahraini protester with a rock.

Saudi also tried invading only five years ago when Saleh was virulently anti the Houthi shia militia Saudi hates- and Saudi, with all their nice shiny toys got spanked, so much so that the ceasefire included the Houthi agreeing to withdraw from occupied Saudi territory. Saleh the former President is arguably more important than the Houthis are anyway as he's got most of the regular army loyal to him and defecting from the formal government.

(In any case, I think we can safely say that Hodi is no longer President of Yemen. I have it on good authority that running away from your capital/ country means that you have actually resigned your post no matter what your constitution says. Just ask Jen Psaki, Barack Obama, the EU, Yatsenyuk, Poroshenko etc)

• Like 1

We'll let the Saudis take care of this, but thanks for playing.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

*coughcough*

Ukraine

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I seem to remember one of my uncles telling me stories of when he served in Aden (now Yemen,) good terrain for skirmishing and ambush apparently, he said everybody seemed to use dry riverbeds as roads in the absence of a safe transport network. Not good for a high tech land invasion one suspects.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Neo-Caliphate  (except Pakistan - they don't participate in this sh**t, it's only wet dreams of Saud's)

0_12529a_1c159839_L.jpg

vs Persia

0_1254a4_73c0bc6_L.jpg

Situation in Yemen

0_1252cd_14ae159_L.jpg

Results of NATO airstrikes  in Iraq during their campaign against ISIS (Kurdish town Kobane (Ayn al-arab)).

0_125295_f678a534_XL.jpg

Yemen RIP. So sad, unique Arabic cultural heritage will disappeared so soon.

wait, did the US actually declare war on the Yemeni government? I remember the US pouring millions of dollars into Yemen's military programs. attacking Yemen would be similar to attacking Pakistan - stupid. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

wait, did the US actually declare war on the Yemeni government? I remember the US pouring millions of dollars into Yemen's military programs. attacking Yemen would be similar to attacking Pakistan - stupid. 

We did not declare war, no.

We rarely do that anymore. The legislature here has abdicated a great deal of what they are supposed to do to the executive and bureaucrats. One of those things has been the power to declare war. In the U.S. it's mostly become some archaic formality, that doesn't really jive well with the imperialistic goals of those who pull the strings. Goals that require war on a regular basis and in many places.

We have however been bombing and blowing people and stuff up in Yemen for many years now, mostly via drones.

Edited by Valsuelm

same as Pakistan in this respect also, then  :disguise:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

To most practical purposes the formal Yemeni government doesn't exist any more. But it is/was US/ Saudi friendly which allows them to call this an intervention at the request of the legitimate authorities. Much of the cabinet is captured in Sana'a, and the formal 'President' ('President' as he resigned but then unresigned later) Hadi ran off to Saudi Arabia, it's at his 'request' that the intervention has happened.

Really though, the US has very little militarily to do with this. Most drones attacks were in the east of the country anyway which is away from the main military action.

Chinese troops arrive into Yemen in Crimean style.
0_125bd5_2c94b227_XL.jpg
http://rt.com/news/246189-troops-aden-port-yemen/

Dozens of unidentified foreign troops reported disembarking in the port of Aden turned out to be Chinese soldiers maintaining security as an unknown party opened fire on a vessel evacuating foreign citizens, a Yemeni official told Sputnik.

“A Chinese military ship arrived in the port to evacuate Chinese citizens…a skirmish which occurred during the evacuation led to the disembarkation of Chinese soldiers stationed on the ship to protect civilians,” said Abd ar-Rabb al-Khalyaky, the deputy head of the port union council. After the evacuation, the soldiers returned to the vessel, he said adding that the situation has calmed down.

Militarism of Saudi Arabia. Nice Murican Pet monster in Middle East

0_126923_b67f1a25_XXL.jpg

Yemenites fight against invaders.
0_126925_af2ac08f_orig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

An American citizen was killed last week in Yemen while on a visit to see his wife and daughter..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/us-citizen-reportedly-killed-in-yemen-violence?bftw=world#.lejXKGYW

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/05/american-citizen-dead-in-yemen/25334045/

Yemeni-Americans have complained that the U.S. government has abandoned Americans trapped in the Arab country. The U.S. Embassy was closed in February and the State Department evacuated its U.S. personnel and issued a travel warning but has not evacuated other Americans there.

"It's a shame our government here couldn't do anything; we aren't asking for troops," Alazzani said. "It's not a very difficult situation to deal with to evacuate the people. It's just a matter of willingness."

US stronk!

Because of this Americans prefer to be saved by Evil Russian Emperium.

Russian naval ship evacuates over 300 people stranded in Yemen

The Russian warship departed the southern Yemeni port of Aden on Sunday night and is due to arrive in Djibouti, on the east coast of Africa on Monday morning.

“Among those evacuated from the zone of hostilities in the Aden area, were citizens of 19 countries, including 45 Russian nationals,” Igor Konashenkov, a Defense Ministry spokesman said on Sunday.

There were also a number of foreign citizens aboard the Priazovye, including 18 Americans, 14 Ukrainians, nine Belorusians, five UK citizens, as well as 159 Yemeni nationals.

This is not the first Russian-led evacuation in Yemen. Earlier in April, Moscow organized flights and ship to help evacuate its own citizens, as well as a number of foreigners, from the conflict area. So far, Russian aircraft have made five rescue missions into Yemen to airlift people caught in the war-zone to safety.

At least eight other countries, including China, India and Pakistan, have also been actively working on evacuating people from Yemen, both by sea and by air.

Escape from Yemen: Refugees tell RT ‘the whole city was shaking’

Meanwhile, the US has been criticized for failing to evacuate its own citizens from Yemen, where up to 4,000 American nationals are believed to be stranded.

US citizens currently in Yemen have lashed out against Washington for failing to act. “Nobody will help us evacuate. The reply [of the US government] was an automated message that they do not have any evacuation plans. Basically we are left on our own,” Arwa Al-Iraine, a US citizen trapped in Yemen told RT.

The Saudi-led coalition has taken over Yemen’s airfields and seaports, and bombed the Houthi stronghold of Saada in the north, the capital Sanaa and the port city of Aden in the south.

According to some of the latest reports, up to 1,042 people have died in the fighting, the International Federation of the Red Cross reported on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

Iran send Navy to Yemen.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/239295-us-officials-concerned-about-iranian-convoy-headed-towards-yemen

US send Navy to Yemen

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/239416-us-sends-aircraft-carrier-to-yemeni-waters

big bang is expected.

Meanwhile in Afghanistan CIA puppets from ISIS declare war to Taliban.

http://www.khaama.com/isis-taliban-announced-jihad-against-each-other-3206

http://www.theoslotimes.com/taliban-isis-announce-war-against-each-other-in-afghanistan/

Mashaal Radio which is related to Azadi Radio quotes Mullahkhil as saying when the matter of peace talks between government and Taliban comes into discussion some intelligence agencies make new groups to keep the war ongoing in Afghanistan.

Meh, Murican warmongers are boring.