Launch Time: 9 AM PDT / 17:00 CET

What I want to know is, why the frak do I have to wait for it to unlock?

Didn't I back this game? Didn't I help kickstart it?

Wait, I hear you say, if you wanted in early, there was the Backer Beta. 

To which I say, frak that noise. I wanted to play the finished game, not some sloppy seconds half-version. I didn't back your game to be its beta-tester.

So here I am, someone who gave royally to see this game made, reading about how a succession of random nobody gaming journalists (a job which ranks just above piano-player in a brothel, by-the-by) have been playing the final version of the game in the week before release and oooh it's so much fun.

Listen here, Obsidian, pull up a chair. We've known each other years. Over a decade, in fact. So here's something you need to hear. Your backers deserve better than this. They deserve the final game before the press, in point of fact.

But what about piracy? I hear you cry. We can't make money of this game unless we cooperate with our publisher to enforce a single release date. If we give backers the game early, it will just get pirated. Well, no. That's a terrible reason. For a start, the press are some of the worst leakers. Always have been, always will. Secondly, piracy? You must not think very much of your backers to think they would give you money to make a game and then immediately frak you over by putting a copy on the internet. But also, piracy? If you were really worried about that hitting first day sales, you wouldn't have made it available DRM-free.

So take this from one of your oldest fans. This is a lousy way to treat people who have backed your game. Because I was there on the ground floor, helping you out by paying over the odds for a product that only existed in our dreams, and here you have me waiting in line with all the other customers, the overwhelming majority of whom haven't backed the game, and all while some frakking journalist plays it for a week

Shame on you, Obsidian. Shame on you.

For the record: I strongly disagree with everything that was said in this post. In this day and age PR needs to happen, even if done by streamers that shouldn't be allowed anywhere within a mile of a camera. It's a fast way to get the word out about the game. Anything that sells the game is good for us, it means more money for expansions and sequels. Obsidian has also explained why the game can't be unlocked quicker for the backers, please read the dev trackers, here's one for you: http://poedevtracker.net/

That said, I love you guys (and girls) at Obsidian, please give us more games.

• Like 4

Listen here, Obsidian, pull up a chair. We've known each other years. Over a decade, in fact. So here's something you need to hear. Your backers deserve better than this. They deserve the final game before the press, in point of fact.

So take this from one of your oldest fans. This is a lousy way to treat people who have backed your game. Because I was there on the ground floor, helping you out by paying over the odds for a product that only existed in our dreams, and here you have me waiting in line with all the other customers, the overwhelming majority of whom haven't backed the game, and all while some frakking journalist plays it for a week

Oh, for the love of Pete...

Where's Boo when you need 'im?

Now Playing: Pillars of Eternity / Borderlands: Pre-Sequel / #IDARB / Hearthstone / GTA V

[twitch.tv]

[smith.ink]

C'mon, it was a great post!

Now the poster can apologize unreservedly!

"All right, all right, I apologize. I'm really really sorry. I apologize unreservedly. I do. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by the feeling of entitlement, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused to any of you or your families, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future."  

Perfect! :dancing:

Edited by WebShaman

Yesterday I went to my kickstarter page after about a year to check upon the projects I've co-funded. I was pleasantly surprised to find that PoE is releasing today. Really looking forward your finished product guys.

• Like 1

Wait, I hear you say, if you wanted in early, there was the Backer Beta. 

To which I say, frak that noise. I wanted to play the finished game, not some sloppy seconds half-version. I didn't back your game to be its beta-tester.

So here I am, someone who gave royally to see this game made, reading about how a succession of random nobody gaming journalists (a job which ranks just above piano-player in a brothel, by-the-by) have been playing the final version of the game in the week before release and oooh it's so much fun.

But what about piracy? I hear you cry. We can't make money of this game unless we cooperate with our publisher to enforce a single release date. If we give backers the game early, it will just get pirated. Well, no. That's a terrible reason. For a start, the press are some of the worst leakers. Always have been, always will. Secondly, piracy? You must not think very much of your backers to think they would give you money to make a game and then immediately frak you over by putting a copy on the internet. But also, piracy? If you were really worried about that hitting first day sales, you wouldn't have made it available DRM-free.

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows piano player at a brothel ranks waaaaay above game journalist.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

armorb...

While it is easy to work out, I agree with the previous poster, and would suggest you lose your attitude.  The 'world' revolves around GMT....and yes it is godamn annoying when every American company thinks the world revolves around them and thinks nothing exists outside their stupid, messed up country.

Seriously, how hard is it for companies these days to add in GMT too to their posts?

• Like 1

It feels strange to get the game so "early" if we consider how much Steam loves to release stuff around 19CET. It'll be nice. Hoping for GOG to also release it on time.

/inb4 random dude's "It's 17:00:01 CET, where is my *beeeeeeeeeeeep* game, Obsidian?"

2 hours mark..

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Looks like I miscalculated before - only an hour to go - it'll be midnight here :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: