Launch Time: 9 AM PDT / 17:00 CET

Releases at 5am for me.

Fak.

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

What I want to know is, why the frak do I have to wait for it to unlock?

Didn't I back this game? Didn't I help kickstart it?

Wait, I hear you say, if you wanted in early, there was the Backer Beta. 

To which I say, frak that noise. I wanted to play the finished game, not some sloppy seconds half-version. I didn't back your game to be its beta-tester.

So here I am, someone who gave royally to see this game made, reading about how a succession of random nobody gaming journalists (a job which ranks just above piano-player in a brothel, by-the-by) have been playing the final version of the game in the week before release and oooh it's so much fun.

Listen here, Obsidian, pull up a chair. We've known each other years. Over a decade, in fact. So here's something you need to hear. Your backers deserve better than this. They deserve the final game before the press, in point of fact.

But what about piracy? I hear you cry. We can't make money of this game unless we cooperate with our publisher to enforce a single release date. If we give backers the game early, it will just get pirated. Well, no. That's a terrible reason. For a start, the press are some of the worst leakers. Always have been, always will. Secondly, piracy? You must not think very much of your backers to think they would give you money to make a game and then immediately frak you over by putting a copy on the internet. But also, piracy? If you were really worried about that hitting first day sales, you wouldn't have made it available DRM-free.

So take this from one of your oldest fans. This is a lousy way to treat people who have backed your game. Because I was there on the ground floor, helping you out by paying over the odds for a product that only existed in our dreams, and here you have me waiting in line with all the other customers, the overwhelming majority of whom haven't backed the game, and all while some frakking journalist plays it for a week

Shame on you, Obsidian. Shame on you.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Hi all, just wanted to make a brief sticky here - the official launch time for the game is 9 AM PDT / 17:00 CET. This is for both GOG and Steam.

Less than 10 hours to go!

Thanks!

Darren

Darren,

You're a goddamn maniac. It is 1am and you're still at work on what I can only assume is forum duty. Good on you, bub.

To which I say, frak that noise. I wanted to play the finished game, not some sloppy seconds half-version. I didn't back your game to be its beta-tester.

So here I am, someone who gave royally to see this game made, reading about how a succession of random nobody gaming journalists (a job which ranks just above piano-player in a brothel, by-the-by) 

Listen here, Obsidian, pull up a chair. We've known each other years. 

But what about piracy? I hear you cry. We can't make money of this game unless we cooperate with our publisher to enforce a single release date. If we give backers the game early, it will just get pirated. Well, no. That's a terrible reason. 

Every time I think I've read the most hilarious comment....

• Like 10

So here I am, someone who gave royally to see this game made, reading about how a succession of random nobody gaming journalists (a job which ranks just above piano-player in a brothel, by-the-by) have been playing the final version of the game in the week before release and oooh it's so much fun.

Listen here, Obsidian, pull up a chair. We've known each other years. Over a decade, in fact. So here's something you need to hear. Your backers deserve better than this. They deserve the final game before the press, in point of fact.

But what about piracy? I hear you cry. We can't make money of this game unless we cooperate with our publisher to enforce a single release date. If we give backers the game early, it will just get pirated. Well, no. That's a terrible reason. For a start, the press are some of the worst leakers. Always have been, always will. Secondly, piracy? You must not think very much of your backers to think they would give you money to make a game and then immediately frak you over by putting a copy on the internet. But also, piracy? If you were really worried about that hitting first day sales, you wouldn't have made it available DRM-free.

So take this from one of your oldest fans. This is a lousy way to treat people who have backed your game. Because I was there on the ground floor, helping you out by paying over the odds for a product that only existed in our dreams, and here you have me waiting in line with all the other customers, the overwhelming majority of whom haven't backed the game, and all while some frakking journalist plays it for a week

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

• Like 24
jcod0.png

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

whine_adp.png

• Like 2

You act like you invested $1 million or so, just quiet down and stop whining.

Not even that. Don't act like Obsidian, a company of full grown men, is your ****ing kid. And don't proceed to **** all over the other backers. The beta comment is completely ridiculous because he's complaining that... the game wasn't done earlier? That Obsidian allowed people to see a work-in-progress? That they were transparent? That they wanted consumer feedback as the game was developed?

And then to complain that piracy isn't a problem. Wow.

I'm not even going to go into the brothel comment.

• Like 2

Randomly insulting, generally demeaning, dismissive of everybody not himself, patronizing in it's entirety and also full of self-entitled whining. Not the best way to make a point.

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 6

Man, download is ready since yesterday, excitement is bursting through the roof, game is released in a few hours, and I just found out I can't play until tomorrow night... Well, here's a good luck and have fun to everybody getting to slay at release! :)