Why does Steam say it'll unlock 1 PM EST then?

It doesn't anymore ;) 

It was reset to noon (9 pdt) earlier today.  (Now 10pm, it says unlocks in 14 hours)

Keep in mind it rounds that hourly number, so at 10:56pm it will still say 14 hours, and said 15 hours until about 7 minutes ago.

• Like 2

This is true - the guys at Steam go home around the same time as most of us and they help us make the game live. :) 9 AM is a typical time for them (also so that a lot of our core customers will all be able to play at the same time!)

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Why does Steam say it'll unlock 1 PM EST then?

It doesn't anymore ;)

It was reset to noon (9 pdt) earlier today.  (Now 10pm, it says unlocks in 14 hours)

Keep in mind it rounds that hourly number, so at 10:56pm it will still say 14 hours, and said 15 hours until about 7 minutes ago.

Oh. That makes sense. Look at me making noob Steam mistakes. :p

Ehhhh I think I would have gotten the game on GOG if I knew about this.....oh well.  Now i can't go into work sleep deprived.

Edit:  Or maybe it's the same for GoG too.  In any case... this is probably better for my health.

Edited by TheSteadfast

Ah well, gives me time to eat breakfast, do some dishes, and head out and pick up a second Monitor and HDMI cable for streaming (or..trying to...still figuring it out heh). Busy morning, fun afternoon!

Edited by kryadan

It'll be 1am the following morning for me :p (So I'll be blissfully asleep (mosquitoes permitting))

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I'm a nightowl so for me it's a debate about whether to try to go to sleep much earlier than usual so I can be certain to be awake at 9am, or to stay up all night and likely pass out mid-afternoon, or just be my natural self and sleep/wake-up/install the game "whenever."

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm a nightowl so for me it's a debate about whether to try to go to sleep much earlier than usual so I can be certain to be awake at 9am, or to stay up all night and likely pass out mid-afternoon, or just be my natural self and sleep/wake-up/install the game "whenever."

Decisions, decisions...

That's pretty much my problem. My normal schedule is to go to sleep about five in the morning and wake up about one in the afternoon.

I've decided to go the normal sleep route; my only regret is that nobody will be there to patch for me while I sleep.

Wake me when this releases. I'm going back to bed.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

10 hours from this post. Take it easy, you won't have to wait much more.

Also changing sleep patterns around the release sounds like you need professional aid, especially for a game that doesn't have scheduled events and you can play at your own leisure, but to each their own.

Decisions, decisions...

This sounds so much like me :)... I work 4PM-1AM shift at work and rather than going to bed when I get home like a normal human being I like to stay up till 6 or 7 and then wake up at 3 in the afternoon.

Fun stuff.

Cannot believe after pretty much ignoring PoE information for over a year+ because I knew all it would do is hype me up for a game I had zero chance of playing for a year+... We are finally here. Ill just mess about on my private project zomboid server I run for myself and a few friends, go to bed waking up at 845 and it will be go time. Too bad my guide probably won't arrive until early afternoon but oh well as long as it gets here tomorrow since its a guaranteed delivery ill be one happy old school CRPG gamer. Congrats to the Dev team, obsidian and anyone else that helped work on this project getting it into our hands. Especially the backers. Since I missed the campaign, I seriously have nothing but love and appreciation for you fine folks having been paying attention, knowing what kickstarter was and pledging your asses off to raise nearly 4 million dollars for this old school gamers dream come true. I appreciate every single one of you:)!!!!!!!

Now on another note, while the entitled complaining about reviewers and streamers getting copies really got under my skin, I really cannot wait (or rather I should say I def can wait and dread) the next wave of forum posts that are absolutely sure to come tomorrow and throughout the next week about how PoE isn't the game they thought it would be or pledged for, blah blah blah I don't like this, blah blah blah their this decision to do this instead of that has me uninstalling... Where is my refund because this promised feature was changed.... Blah blah blah yada yada yada we all know those forums posts are next and right around the corner. Thankfully ill be deep into the game and most likely not on these forums for the next week or two so I'm soooooooo happy ill miss the majority of them :). Goodluck to everyone tomorrow and happy adventuring. The day has finally arrived.

This is true - the guys at Steam go home around the same time as most of us and they help us make the game live. :) 9 AM is a typical time for them (also so that a lot of our core customers will all be able to play at the same time!)

Ahem. Most of your 'core customers' are actually in Europe, so we are looking at 4 - 5pm GMT / GMT +1.

sonsofgygax.JPG