WHY!?!?  Seriously of the hundreds of games I've pre ordered and purchased at release NONE have ever not released at midnight.  I changed my sleep schedule and planned  work around this crap,  and NOW they want to push it back 12 hours???  I would seriously request a refund if I could, I'm that butt hurt.

This happens with about 90% of the games i own on steam. ONCE in awhile it is midnight for any timezone but almost all the time it is 9 or 10am PACIFIC timezone. Valve and Obsidian both work in area that is Pacific time, this is pretty normal for steam releases!

WHY!?!?  Seriously of the hundreds of games I've pre ordered and purchased at release NONE have ever not released at midnight.  I changed my sleep schedule and planned  work around this crap,  and NOW they want to push it back 12 hours???  I would seriously request a refund if I could, I'm that butt hurt.

Steam doesn't typically do midnight releases. If anything went wrong on Steam we wouldn't be able to get it fixed for close to eight hours.

• Like 13

yep, 15 hours

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

The Obsidian front page for Pillars of Eternity says 9:00 AM Pacific time, but Steam says it won't unlock until 15 hours from now, which is not 9:00 AM Pacific time. So I'm not sure when I will actually get to play.

Steam doesn't typically do midnight releases. If anything went wrong on Steam we wouldn't be able to get it fixed for close to eight hours.

It sure does... just the question at which timezone/location that would be ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

WHY!?!? Seriously of the hundreds of games I've pre ordered and purchased at release NONE have ever not released at midnight. I changed my sleep schedule and planned work around this crap, and NOW they want to push it back 12 hours??? I would seriously request a refund if I could, I'm that butt hurt.

Steam says 1 PM EST for us. You guys need to that ASAP.

Calibrating...

Voice of reason and logic prevails. Start the game live when both Steam which is hosting the game, and Obsidian, which developed the game, will be in their offices, ready to handle any issues that come up. Rather than needing to staff someone overnight in an empty office. 

Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away, there are people on a message board who don't freak out over release times due to ignorance and childishness. I'd like to request a space ship to journey and find these advanced beings.