Sign in to follow this  
Juggler

Question regarding whether I should install this to SSD or HD...

Really looking forward to playing, just wondering if I should put it on my SSD or if the HD will be fine.  How are the load times?

SSD is actually very good for this kind of games, with big images/sprites/textures. I haven't properly tested it but the difference in load times i see between my setup (SSD) and many videos I see on youtube (Sensuki's for example) is staggering. It could be other parts of the hardware but I think it's mostly an HD vs SSD difference, considering that it's the most influential thing on load times.

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

I've been wondering that too. But I suppose if it does really bother me, I could still fix it later.

Still, how staggering is staggering?

I might as well...  - deviantArt  -  Tumblr  -   Facebook

(warning: don't click, if you can't take evil, vile artists putting their name on their work.)

I'm going with SSD. Normally the games I know I'm going to invest a ton of time in I put on the SSD so PoE makes the cut.

SSD makes a difference. Over the course of the beta I had it installed on my SSD and a 7200 RPM HD. Is the difference huge? No, but I am definitely going for the SSD install. The IE games (and NWN games) happen to be games that I have played off and on every few months over the past 15 or so years. I will play the **** out of this game for a few months at least. It is worth saving me a little on each load screen. I will burn out, and 6 months later I will be back at it.

Solid state pre-loaded. Feels wicked and hedonistic, no other games are on the C: drive.

Yup, I moved Star Citizen's Arena Commander to my HD to make room. Sacrifices must be made to appease the RPG gods.

• Like 1

I'm installing on my SSD drive right now. It's the only type of hard drive I have now. I use Microsoft One Drive to store everything else for convenience purposes. 

My SSD didn't have enough space and I don't have any games I can uninstall right now :-( HDD it is...truthfully, it's probably for the best since I don't imagine the game will be uninstalled.

If I could afford a SSD (aaahahaha, yeah right) I would definitely install it to the SSD. Absolutely.

t50aJUd.jpg