the russian IGN gave it 10/10 

not sure if its legit. since I cant read it :D

I can't read it .D http://ru.ign.com/pillars-of-eternity/74516/review/retsenziia-na-pillars-of-eternity?p=2

My Russian is terrible, but here's the score:

10 Perfect

Anyone can promise to make a new classic. Obsidian has delivered on their promise.

+ Meticulous recreation of the athmosphere and gameplay of the Infinity Engine games

+ Multiple improvements to the classic mechanics

+ Non-linear quests

+ Beautiful texts, graphics and music

• Like 5

Nothing gold can stay.

I disagree, they reflect the opinions of users. As time passes and the user reviews build, you will get something of a picture of what the average gamer thinks. Right now at least some of those user reviews are from people who had the pre-release build.

They don't matter in that they're not actual reviews of the game. Sure, the user score will influence consumers, but the user reviews that are up now, before release, aren't reflective of the quality of the game.

Well, they gave 100+ copies to streamers so this user reviews can be pretty reflective. By i said this just to make a point, overall - yes small sample+before game release = doesnt matter yeat.

Yeah, Angry Joe is ****. His gimmick is basically a manipulative psychological trick that makes people more likely to accept what he says, regardless of the content.

Those are user reviews, Katarack21. They don't mean anything.

Love AJ's reviews. They are just fun to watch and he has no problem pointing out the games faults.

Honestly I much prefer the user reviews than the often paid for pro reviews (I'm looking at you BioWare). Not saying OE will pay for reviews, but with paid for adds and such there is always some influence given, even if unintentional.

Granted any user reviews that scores 0-2 I generally ignore as the person just had issues that really had nothing to do with the game. But I also ignore 10 scores as those are just fanboiz that can't allow themselves to see anything critical of their perfect game. I'll read through the 3-9 scores as those generally have more thought put into them and see what they have to say.

Edited by LeBurns

I can't read it .D http://ru.ign.com/pillars-of-eternity/74516/review/retsenziia-na-pillars-of-eternity?p=2

It is legit review, reviewer seems to overall liking game quite much even though he finds some aspects of game bit lacking or would have hoped different kind of implementation. He also seems to be quite knowledge able about game, its mechanics and kickstarter aspects of it.

My Russian is terrible, but here's the score:

10 Perfect

Anyone can promise to make a new classic. Obsidian has delivered on their promise.

+ Meticulous recreation of the athmosphere and gameplay of the Infinity Engine games

+ Multiple improvements to the classic mechanics

+ Non-linear quests

+ Beautiful texts, graphics and music

No need for modesty, you've got it exactly right :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i read it - overall just praises, but also said that companions not as good as in Planescape.

well...Planescape is Planescape

i read it - overall just praises, but also said that companions not as good as in Planescape.

or.. Planescape is will be ToN :)

• Like 1

I think it was never promised that PCs will be of PST quality. If they are of BG quality it is already more than I could hope for.

• Like 1

Yeah, Angry Joe is ****. His gimmick is basically a manipulative psychological trick that makes people more likely to accept what he says, regardless of the content.

Those are user reviews, Katarack21. They don't mean anything.

Love AJ's reviews. They are just fun to watch and he has no problem pointing out the games faults.

Honestly I much prefer the user reviews than the often paid for pro reviews (I'm looking at you BioWare). Not saying OE will pay for reviews, but with paid for adds and such there is always some influence given, even if unintentional.

Granted any user reviews that scores 0-2 I generally ignore as the person just had issues that really had nothing to do with the game. But I also ignore 10 scores as those are just fanboiz that can't allow themselves to see anything critical of their perfect game. I'll read through the 3-9 scores as those generally have more thought put into them and see what they have to say.

The guy has a very broad taste in games, and he's pretty good at finding flaws even in games he really likes, been watching him for a while, and he has grown alot as a reviewer, some of his early stuff is gimmicky sure, but we all have to start somewere. 

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It's far from perfect - watching some preview streams it's clear some of the dog-piling / confusing combat decisions haven't been eradicated. A lot of people are going to *hate* the XP system. The game mechanics are counter-intuitive to the point of contrariness... PoE is going to be a curate's egg of a game that some people will love and some people will hate. I still think it will be solid enough to do extremely well, but despite (and not because of) some of the mechanics.

Well I think it will do well because of the mechanics, because they are awesome.

Edited by Farmy

Congratulations Obsidian on raving reviews from the critics :)

I am a bit dumb-founded by Metacritic allowing User Score before the game is released (I find it great that almost all of the User Scores are positive, of course, but What are they rating?). Though, that's on Metacritic, not on Obsidian... just venting~

http://www.gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=10364

Potatoland chimes in and gives Pillars of Eternity a 9,5/10

Also, time for the Czechs and Italians to add their reviews to the lot and give PoE a 9/10 and 93%, respectively.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Is there anyway to flag these fake negative user reviews? They're bringing down the user score!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity/user-reviews?dist=negative

They are obviously not legit--tthey're clearly not professional reviewers and the game hasn't been unlocked yet.

A noble effort, but, unfortunately, a futile one. This is plaguing pretty much any release these days. I mean, come on, 0/10? Maybe Big Rigs deserve such review, but other than that... Anyway, trolls will be trolls.

Some of those sound like they could have been written by some people playing the BB though. The hardest of the hard core of IE fanatics have extremely particular tastes especially regarding combat, and have not taken some of the mechanical changes well (e.g. engagement, elimination of hard counters). Others have specific beefs about specific mechanics that for some reason become showstoppers (e.g. Might affecting magical as well as physical damage).

I.e. I wouldn't dismiss them as troll reviews. They can be genuinely-held opinions, even if they might strike most of us as unreasonable.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Paradox hired a professional mock review for the game. They gave us a score prediction +/- three points. In a few weeks I will share what they gave us and we can see how close it came.

I would do the mock review for half whatever the other guy took next time.