Let's try this way: PoE will score higher than W2 but lower than Torment:ToN.

• Like 2

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I find it quite perplexing how so many people are reading reviews, previews and opinions on the game just to find confirmation for their own stances.

Enjoy the game yourself. Whatever number different people with different opinions will give the game should not impact your enjoyment of the game, and if people proposing a different opinion are "asses" then maybe you should not be reading opinion pieces, which reviews inherently are.

• Like 7

Unfortunately, Metacritic's score aggregation methodology is biased, and there appears to be a double standard for indie games vs. mainstream. I'm predicting average score of 84. I expect it will be mostly well reviewed, but we'll see a few lowball scores from the mainstream  press complaining about "too many words" and it being a nostalgia clone like this idiotic preview claims.  

• Like 1

Trolls giving it **** scores because "GRAPHIS SUXXOR!" and "JUST BG CLONE!" will drag it down to 85-90ish.

Unfortunately I think you'll see more kids or trolls tying it to a Diablo clone. Those who remember or played BG likely will not undervalue the return to a BG-style game, while those who never heard of or played BG tend to relate this type of game to action games like Diablo.

le sigh.

I'm really hoping for a score of 90% at best or 80% at worse. Then there are these people with little to no attention span that will have trouble at the start of the game.. that

group of people will give it a 50% or lower.  When it comes to IGN or GameSpot I really could careless what they have to think, since I normally do not follow either of them.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

dont know. the first couple of previews i read were very, very optimistic. i just have this feeling that Obsidian delivered something extraordinary and will be rewarded by every serious gaming journalist (especially those who played BG1/2, Planescape, ID 1/2 and so on).

Trolls giving it **** scores because "GRAPHIS SUXXOR!" and "JUST BG CLONE!" will drag it down to 85-90ish.

Unfortunately I think you'll see more kids or trolls tying it to a Diablo clone. Those who remember or played BG likely will not undervalue the return to a BG-style game, while those who never heard of or played BG tend to relate this type of game to action games like Diablo.

le sigh.

Cuz the point-and-click interface, right? Yeah, I can see that. I have spotted a few "Just a BG clone" posts on the Steam forums, so that's where I pulled that from.

You have to take reviewers like IGN into account. Those kind of sites will probably give a lower score because of reasons like graphics not being on par with AAA games or the lack of full voiced characters. They will say that this game is for a niche market and niche market games rarely go over 80 on big sites.

You also have to take hardcore reviewers into account. Those people have very clear ideas about what they want and are pretty rough towards games that don't meet their requirements. Some of them will get diasppointed for some obscure reason and will give ****ty ratings that will lower the average score substantially.

I think this game will stay comfortably over 80, but won't go beyond 90.

I suspect that (for similar reasons) it'll score about the same as Divinity: Original Sin: 87% critical review, 8.7 user review, which should be enough to get folks attention and make it qualify for some RPG of the year awards etc... which will help long-term sales.

I'm actually betting the major review sites will be very favorable to it. The statistical likelihood is that a lot of the people working for those sites are gamers, and a higher percentage of them will be backers than you'll find in the "mainstream" population.

Yeah guys I mean if some **** come in and rate it under 85% because they CLEARLY dont understand ART and want to just RUIN things for those of us who are intellectual enough to objectively assess this unreleased game to see that it is OBVIOUSLY a 95%+ game.

It just bums me so much that these trolls and illiterate, reading- hating IDIOTS would even think of rating this game lower than that. I mean, if you don't like it then dont share your WRONG opinion. Everyone knows that negative reviews and opinions poison the games review receptors and negatively impact the game's awesome essence, that will lead to these SCUM MONKEYS ruining the game for everyone! :(