what does Gromnir win?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66536-guess-the-release-date/?p=1470995

oh well, assuming poe is released tomorrow, we will need settle for bragging rights.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

March 26. Who wins?

March 17th, 2015 - Lord Gorchnik

April 1st, 2015 - gromnir

Well...techinically, I was the first one who wrote down March 26th on this thread... :shifty:

Not so fast Grom!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The ability to refer to himself in first person.

If only if only.

Actually Grom I don't even remember.  Don't remember what I guess either after the first redo.  I think there was some talk of a free extra key?

March 26. Who wins?

Well...techinically, I was the first one who wrote down March 26th on this thread... :shifty:

Not so fast Grom!

well, your choice were not official, and submissions after date X were s'posed to entail a monetary cost.  choosing march 26 after march 26 were the announced date would seem to contravene the spirit o' the contest.  even so, technically you are correct.

after the date were moved to 2015, the poll lost steam.  cowards. nevertheless, you is free to bask in the glow o' our prescience or deride our self-congratulatory applause... whichever strikes your fancy.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

March 26. Who wins?

Not so fast Grom!

well, your choice were not official, and submissions after date X were s'posed to entail a monetary cost. choosing march 26 after march 26 were the announced date would seem to contravene the spirit o' the contest. even so, technically you are correct.

after the date were moved to 2015, the poll lost steam. cowards. nevertheless, you is free to bask in the glow o' our prescience or deride our self-congratulatory applause... whichever strikes your fancy.

HA! Good Fun!

Rats. You got me. I'll concede the road.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The first boss of the expansion will be based on you!

Oh wait...

we see the recent thread where folks is complaining about backer inscribed tombstones in poe being immersion breaking.  brings back fond memories o' the meltdown numerous boardies had when they heard that Gromnir would be included in bg2... which were later changed to tob.  Gromnir killed "immersion."  HA!  makes the tombstones seem tame by comparison.

"Rats. You got me. I'll concede the road. "

nothing to concede.  there is no winners, only losers... multiple meanings intended.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

Upgrade to Champion or Royal Edition maybe?

It's for Obsidian to decide what they can cook up, I suppose. I personally wouldn't mind if there was a tribute character, event or NPC or whatnot in the game paying tribute to you or anyone else from the community in the game, Gromnir. "Immersion" breaking, HAH, only if it'd be poorly implemented.

Ya'll rock hot socks!

The first boss of the expansion will be based on you!

Oh wait...

we see the recent thread where folks is complaining about backer inscribed tombstones in poe being immersion breaking.  brings back fond memories o' the meltdown numerous boardies had when they heard that Gromnir would be included in bg2... which were later changed to tob.  Gromnir killed "immersion."  HA!  makes the tombstones seem tame by comparison.

"Rats. You got me. I'll concede the road. "

nothing to concede.  there is no winners, only losers... multiple meanings intended.

HA! Good Fun!

I am now officially scared to play the ****ing game in case anyone here ends up on the main path. Great.

• Like 1

You voted for my birthday, so you get a free pun! Name your word, and I'll wield it with deadly precision.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

But it's phonetically the same! Someone obviously isn't well-versed in the art of Advanced Wordplay, u_u...

:)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

But it's phonetically the same! Someone obviously isn't well-versed in the art of Advanced Wordplay, u_u...

Bah, don't try to hide the fact I'm more versed in Dragon Age lore than you are. Which is something embarrassing to brag about...

am pretty sure that the use o' Ban, as a title o' nobility, predates dragon age by a few years... or a few centuries.

HA! Good Fun!

Bah, don't try to hide the fact I'm more versed in Dragon Age lore than you are. Which is something embarrassing to brag about...

am pretty sure that the use o' Ban, as a title o' nobility, predates dragon age by a few years... or a few centuries.

HA! Good Fun!

I was more bragging about knowing the correct spelling from the game. My knowledge of actual history is limited to "America is best."

• Like 1

HA! Good Fun!

I was more bragging about knowing the correct spelling from the game. My knowledge of actual history is limited to "America is best."

First know use of Ban as tittle for nobility is over thousand years ago in book called "De Administrando Imperio" ("On the Governance of the Empire").

• Like 1

HA! Good Fun!

First know use of Ban as tittle for nobility is over thousand years ago in book called "De Administrando Imperio" ("On the Governance of the Empire").

And what is the word derived from?

Just because it's from something else doesn't mean it isn't still also from Dragon Age. Phonetically.

And, for what it's worth, I knew the spelling was double-n. I just... I couldn't resist the joke, dammit! T___T

My name is Lephys, and I have a problem...

• Like 1

Just because it's from something else doesn't mean it isn't still also from Dragon Age. Phonetically.

And, for what it's worth, I knew the spelling was double-n. I just... I couldn't resist the joke, dammit! T___T

My name is Lephys, and I have a problem...

Just as protons need electrons to balance the universe, Lephys needs Wafflebum. All is well.