Any snacks/drinks lined up for Pillars?

Cohibas and 25 year single malt Scotch. I guess, I'll go get some peanuts tomorrow aswell. =)  

Wild guess, Talisker or Lagavulin?

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

Cohibas and 25 year single malt Scotch. I guess, I'll go get some peanuts tomorrow aswell. =)

25 year? High Roller. Only gone up to 18 year myself.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I am still thinking about what to prepare for tomorrow. 

it is a little bit a problematic as the game will be unlocked after 19:00 my time (Germany), and day 1 patch could be a problem pushing my play even few hours further...

So it will be late already and no caffeine drinks for me because of that.

I think i will go with some pica and pancakes and Cola. I am trying to think about something better, but that is currently the best trash food I can get :) maybe I will think of something else though and will keep my eyes on this post for some suggestions. 

Pizza! And Smoothies ^^

I have a feeling more than a few pizza's will be ordered because of Pillars Of Eternity :biggrin:

You could be right there... have also bought some old style chips, dunno if they will fall to PoE or Wrestlemania this weekend though ^^ Bad times for healthy food...

I'll probably just have a packet of biscuits and a cup of coffee. I'm working on Friday so gotta keep it light until then.

It'd be interesting to know what kinds of delivery, snack foods, etc. get an uptick from this kind of thing--from a purely anthropological point of view.

• Like 1

My usual stockpile of radioactive Diet Mt. Dew. Snacks ... nothing planned but that does remind me that it's probably beef jerky ordering time, so maybe I'll do that that for what will hopefully be a weekend binge session.

*symbolic hand waving to ward off any migraines...*

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When playing good games, I often forget to eat alltogether. Had more than one time when I opened a bag of chips and after three hours realized it was still untouched.  :grin:

Might as well go with something nourishing and healthy.  ;)

bacon and four loko

Four loko, eh? I like your style.

And most likely a bag of crisp sea salted chips, some Finnish salty liquorice (Salmiakki, as we call it) and a big glass of Milk.

So it's not only me who often games with a glass of milk....

Yeah, this is more close to what I will be having. Although I will likely drink Old Fashioneds with the rye swapped for Aberlour A'bunadh.

I'm unsure of what I will be eating, maybe I can convince my GF too cook something for me, considering it's the "launch party". Hmm...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

All this junk food.

If you actually eat proper food, you'll be able to play better and longer.

They might be eating healthy, who knows. (Like myself, at first glance it looks like i am indeed dying, but in reality, my diet couldn't be more healthier.) The spirit of this topic was to ask for preferred snacks with a sparkle in the eye.

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

All this junk food.

If you actually eat proper food, you'll be able to play better and longer.

They might be eating healthy, who knows. (Like myself, at first glance it looks like i am indeed dying, but in reality, my diet couldn't be more healthier.) The spirit of this topic was to ask for preferred snacks with a sparkle in the eye.

Right? I do actually eat pretty healthy much of the time. My fiance is an excellent cook and she's been teaching me--the other day we bought two whole chickens, she showed me how to break them down, and we've been using skinless chicken breasts and crap to make our meals. It's been tasty.

But when PoE comes out I'm *going* to be drinking super-sweet and creamy tea and eating cinnamon rolls. It's a combination of celebration and intentional pleasure-maximised first-day nergasms.

• Like 2

Right? I do actually eat pretty healthy much of the time. My fiance is an excellent cook and she's been teaching me--the other day we bought two whole chickens, she showed me how to break them down, and we've been using skinless chicken breasts and crap to make our meals. It's been tasty.

But when PoE comes out I'm *going* to be drinking super-sweet and creamy tea and eating cinnamon rolls. It's a combination of celebration and intentional pleasure-maximised first-day nergasms.

Did you make stock with the leftovers?

If you didn't try it next time, internet will have instructions and its pretty simple.

Home made stock is so damn good in cooking.

I feel like making soup in the next week now.

I still have a stack of student programming assignments to mark tomorrow, so I'm gonna get up early, try to get them done by 18:00h CET (release time here I think) and then all I need is lots of wine and a bit of easy food that requires no cooking to last me through a long, long session well into the early mornings (I do not need to get up early on Friday! :D )

Did you make stock with the leftovers?

If you didn't try it next time, internet will have instructions and its pretty simple.

Home made stock is so damn good in cooking.

I feel like making soup in the next week now.

Oh, check this out! A week ago she showed me the making of stock. We took a whole chicken and covered it with salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. She showed me how to do the same inside the whole, and she added about four small pieces of a cutie inside, too. Then we baked it and some squash (with margarine and agave syrup).

Then when we had finished eating all the chicken after it was done baking, she showed me how to make stock with the bones and that was the best ****ing stock in the world.