Any developers monitoring/taking action on Kickstarter page?

I know you guys are busy trying to smooth out the launch in the last hours, but I can't help but voice my concern.

Not for myself (I've been watching Obsidian forum like a hamster hungry for eyeballs), but for the backers who are not clued into the updates at Obsidian's forums.

One could say that its the backers' own fault for not keeping abreast of the updates, but that's not a helpful line of thought here at this point  Instead of pointing blame, we should try to resolve the situation amiably (to the backers that felt wronged) to minimize ill-feelings over the perceived lack of updates on the Kickstarter page at this crucial junction.

I'm a Paypal backer so I have no access to the Kickstarter comment page, but I think it will make a big difference to those Kickstarter backers that are watching the Kickstarter page if a Developer could post even a short informative comment there.

• Like 1

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

Pretty much all Kickstarter updates provide links to this forum for the specific purpose of discussing said updates, and the game itself.

If they can't be bothered to take the explicit hint....

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's basically damage control.

To a person unaware of the happenings here at Obsidian's forum, a quick glance at the Kickstarter page will reveal:

1. The game is supposed to release in less that 24 hours

2. The last official update was 2 weeks ago

3. There has been no recent comments from the developers on the Kickstarter page, only scattered comments from backers here/there about getting keys

There will be uninformed backers that will feel snubbed and betrayed by the developers when the truth is mostly the opposite.

An uninformed backer may quickly skim the comments sections looking for signs of developer feedback (I believe developer posts are highlighted), and seeing nothing, conclude that the developer has not kept faith with them.

Please don't say the backers should be intelligent enough to check the link to Obsidian (blah blah blah), it does not help.

If we really are so superior, we should be able to lower ourselves down to the level of those below us so we can understand their concerns.

A simple comment by a developer on the Kickstarter can go a long way.  That is all I ask.

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

Obsidian hasn't posted anything in the comments section over there in 2 1/2 years. They are provided a link after every update with the explicit invitation to comment on the official forums.

If they really care, they should you know...maybe do the sensibly proactive thing and gripe where they are invited to gripe?

Otherwise they can just continue to air it out endlessly over there. Which is probably what they want to do, or else they'd be all sensible-like, no?

But whatever...makes for less clutter over here.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

There will be uninformed backers that will feel snubbed and betrayed by the developers when the truth is mostly the opposite.

An uninformed backer may quickly skim the comments sections looking for signs of developer feedback (I believe developer posts are highlighted), and seeing nothing, conclude that the developer has not kept faith with them.

Please don't say the backers should be intelligent enough to check the link to Obsidian (blah blah blah), it does not help.

If we really are so superior, we should be able to lower ourselves down to the level of those below us so we can understand their concerns.

Oh god, I'm both crying and laughing. The absurdity...

"Won't somebody please help them? They don't know how to do it themselves!!"

Ah, but actually you don't have to worry iirc. I believe BAdler posted yesterday that they intend to do an update today, so by now it's probably just a few more hours.

I know you guys are busy trying to smooth out the launch in the last hours, but I can't help but voice my concern.

Not for myself (I've been watching Obsidian forum like a hamster hungry for eyeballs), but for the backers who are not clued into the updates at Obsidian's forums.

One could say that its the backers' own fault for not keeping abreast of the updates, but that's not a helpful line of thought here at this point  Instead of pointing blame, we should try to resolve the situation amiably (to the backers that felt wronged) to minimize ill-feelings over the perceived lack of updates on the Kickstarter page at this crucial junction.

I'm a Paypal backer so I have no access to the Kickstarter comment page, but I think it will make a big difference to those Kickstarter backers that are watching the Kickstarter page if a Developer could post even a short informative comment there.

They've got something in the works for the announcement.

In the meantime, is your body ready?

eyes-5.gif

"Betrayed" by Obsidian. Really? 

I haven't been following the development at all and I registered on the website ages ago and got my key today. People who "feel betrayed" should wake up and smell the coffee and stop feeling so entitled the whole time. It's a very easy procedure to register on the website, fill in the stuff that needs to be filled in, and then generate your key for the appropriate platform. It's not difficult.

You just have to read a little bit. 

"Betrayed" is too strong a term, but the lack of communication is something I've seen some complaints about on several game boards.  There seems to have been an assumption that Obsidian would communicate when the keys would be available and that has not happened.  While the word is getting around, I get the OP's point, which is that there should have been a Kickstarter update sent out today, if not last night, explaining the whole process.  There are backers who've not done anything since they sent in their money and who ignored earlier updates with directions. 

• Like 1

Sarkus got the idea.  A final timely update before PoE's release is crucial or Obsidian will face a backlash.

Look at ourselves on Obsidian's forum.  Just a day ago we were spamming the forums about key availability and preload and whatever - and all that were coming from the regular forum goers who has been keeping in touch with Obsidian.

Imagine that right now we still had not received anything about keys yet:  The forum here would be filled with fire and other unmentionables from us "informed" backers.

A simple "quick and dirty" update will go a long way towards appeasing the uninformed backers still F5-ing the Kickstarter website.

Another reason I want Obsidian to take action about this is that if Obsidian plans for another Kickstarter, Obsidian's perceived actions (or lack thereof) now will impact the next Kickstarter's reception.  Those who had felt slighted now may bite back the second time round, and I definitely do not want that.

Hopefully, Brandon or someone else will put up a update fast.  If not, I fear this oversight may come back to haunt Obsidian's immediate future.

.................................................................................................................................................

Oh good, Finally Update #92 is up by Josh and Brandon!

Edited by SupidSeep