One of the devs has already said they wanted to release the game early to us, but due to steam and GOG it's all or nothing. So the OP is probably correct but it just wasn't possible.

Which has nothing to do with what this guy is claiming was promised during the Kickstarter period....

You need to sort out some of the members on here I don't think ive been I a more unfriendly forum.Its like being in the school yard and all the bullies gang up, even when someone has shown proof that what I say was the devs intension they are still coming in with there nasty little digs and remarks.Why people should be so rude and nasty to someone who just mentioned a simple thing I don't know.

One of the devs has already said they wanted to release the game early to us, but due to steam and GOG it's all or nothing. So the OP is probably correct but it just wasn't possible.

This doesn't imply it was mentioned during the kickstarter. In fact, due to the grief the devs were getting for giving press copies to the media while not getting the backers early copies, I'd venture to guess Darren's comment (it was Darren Monahan that said it, I believe) was a direct result of that.

Thank you axan 22, I wonder if these guys will be as quick to say sorry as they are to call me a liar one guy has even said hes checked all 200+ comments on kickstarter, the things people will do to try to discredit someone for no reason crazy.

The honus of proof is on yourself here, not on others to go and find evidence it WASN'T said.

There's only 21 hours until the game launches, so not long until we're all enjoying it anyway.

Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity!

Thank you axan 22, I wonder if these guys will be as quick to say sorry as they are to call me a liar one guy has even said hes checked all 200+ comments on kickstarter, the things people will do to try to discredit someone for no reason crazy.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71557-official-keys-thread-v-101/page-21?do=findComment&comment=1596772

Darren's (he is one of the owners of Obsidian) post don't have anything do with this thread's topic, but that he would liked to give backers what they asked last few days (that they too get to play game early like reviewers, streamers, youtubers, etc.), but it would had been too much hassle because of how Steam's and GOG's publication systems work.

• Like 1

You need to sort out some of the members on here I don't think ive been I a more unfriendly forum.Its like being in the school yard and all the bullies gang up, even when someone has shown proof that what I say was the devs intension they are still coming in with there nasty little digs and remarks.Why people should be so rude and nasty to someone who just mentioned a simple thing I don't know.

Mate.

I do think proof of source is quite essential, otherwise you are just telling me to accept the fact that horses can fly.

I'm not telling you to do anything, its already be proved that this was the devs intensions if you read the rest of the comments.Just because I cant be bothered to find the very first mention from years ago doesn't mean anything the devs intention is there for you to see.

There is a lot of internet left for you then. =) I don't think you should read so much into it. There has been alot of trolls in here lately, making false claims, and been ranting all over the place without any research into what they're talking about. So I guess some people are a little on edge. None of us want to have the game's reception smeared by lies or butthurt entitled kids. I think we can agree on that. I didn't back at day one, so I don't know. But I have followed the game very closely, and I haven't heard of it, being part of the deal since I joined up (20 days into KS).

Edited by TheisEjsing

Oh my, only 24h to go, stop whining. The reason some people (reviewers) got their copies before Backers is a pure marketing, not to annoy you, do you want to see PoE2 in the future? It will not be possible without good sales. Also, you've had access to BB before anyone else.

Edited by Rafkos

I'm not telling you to do anything, its already be proved that this was the devs intensions if you read the rest of the comments.

Actually, Mad, as I noted in my earlier post, Darren's comments don't prove anything about what was said during the kickstarter. I think you'll find, if you read the wording closely, that he really was responding to the recent complaints re the media getting the game early. Anyway, as noted, it's pretty much moot at this point.

• Like 1

The only people whining is you guys, seriously listen to yourselves, I didn't say in any comment that it was an official pledge I said it was mentioned to me,It has already been proved that it was the devs intention to do so, why are you guys making such a big thing about it really.I don't think ive been on a more unfriendly forum full of Epeen flexing bullies pathetic.

I'm not telling you to do anything, its already be proved that this was the devs intensions if you read the rest of the comments.

Actually, Mad, as I noted in my earlier post, Darren's comments don't prove anything about what was said during the kickstarter. I think you'll find, if you read the wording closely, that he really was responding to the recent complaints re the media getting the game early. Anyway, as noted, it's pretty much moot at this point.

I think you will find its called proof of intent and Ive got NOTHING to prove to any of you lot, go back to your sad lives of forum bulling and they wonder why governments are making new laws to combat against places like this.Pathetic the devs should close this post and ban the lot of you.

The only people whining is you guys, seriously listen to yourselves, I didn't say in any comment that it was an official pledge I said it was mentioned to me,It has already been proved that it was the devs intention to do so, why are you guys making such a big thing about it really.I don't think ive been on a more unfriendly forum full of Epeen flexing bullies pathetic.

Where they mentioned that to you?

As I can't find comment from Kickstarter (I gave link to every comment that Obsidian's members have officially written in Kickstarter)

And I have seen any proof that the devs intended to release game early for backers during kickstarter, only that they wanted to please backers who were angry because press got to play game earlier than they, but they couldn't do it because of technical reasons.

Facts matter to some people. If you make a strong claim, without evidence, and then claim that people are calling you a liar, then they're going to logically defend their point.

• You claimed Backer's were promised early access to the game (with no proof).
  • Some people said you may have been confused with the Backer Beta.
  • You argued that people are 'bullying' you for making claims without any proof, then call the need for evidence unreasonable.
  • Someone linked a statement that the developers would have liked to have provided earlier access, but that it isn't technically possible.
  • The game launches in 21 hours anyway.

Nobodies been particularly unfriendly, other than yourself, I'd say.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game once it launches. It's gonna be fun!

Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity!

I think you will find its called proof of intent and Ive got NOTHING to prove to any of you lot, go back to your sad lives of forum bulling and they wonder why governments are making new laws to combat against places like this.Pathetic the devs should close this post and ban the lot of you.

"You lot"? Dude, I've been nothing but civil and polite to you.

Obviously, you're upset and unwilling to accept that Darren's comment does not prove either intent or that anything was said during the kickstarter, but just to try to clarify one last time: ever since around Monday (not sure exactly when it started), there has been a lot of grief shoveled on the devs by a few posters, mostly in the 'Preload' thread (look a bit further down the forum if you're interested in wading through 24 pages of it) that were basically saying Obsidian cared more about the money than the backers because Obs gave out press copies of the game to the media and didn't give backers access to the game early. Now, I can't 'prove' it, but I think it's fairly clear given what I've seen over the last few days that Darren's comment was spurred completely by this and has no bearing whatsoever on Obs' intent nor any possible kickstarter comments.

>OP claims to have communicated with the devs via Kickstarter chat or whatever

>Wasn't even a kickstarter backer.

I'm suspicious.

Dude, he's a backer. Same pledge level as you. I imagine he's experienced the same glitch as a few others have with the forum KS badge.

>OP claims to have communicated with the devs via Kickstarter chat or whatever

>Wasn't even a kickstarter backer.

I'm suspicious.

Dude, he's a backer. Same pledge level as you. I imagine he's experienced the same glitch as a few others have with the forum KS badge.

I didn't know there was a glitch with the KS backer badge. I also just figured he backed it after the KS campaign.

I didn't know there was a glitch with the KS backer badge. I also just figured he backed it after the KS campaign.

Yeah, there have been a few people reporting issues with the KS badge not showing up. Have to contact the admins to get it rectified. :)