I don't know if this is some secret but I saw on Facebook that some of the developers are going to club in So cal tonight to celebrate the release at midnight with whatever backers that wanted to come.  I was surprised because I live a few minutes away!  Sounds interesting but now I've got a dilemma.... Should I go stand around awkwardly at a nightclub or actually be at home and play the game as soon as I can? 

• Like 2

May as well party it up. The game won't go live until 09:00 PST Thursday morning.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I've heard conflicting information as to whether or not this party was meant to be public. The Facebook and Eventbrite pages are public, but I've heard they'll still be turning away people at the door who aren't Obsidian employees or on a specific list of backers (I'm assuming the 5 backers at the 10,000 mark).  I don't know any more information than that so hopefully someone else can clarify, since I'm out of the loop with what's going on at Obsidian now.

Considering that it says that 200+ people are going on Facebook, they aren't being very secretive.  I don't even think the club in question is that big.  Since it wasn't mentioned anywhere here I figured I should withhold the exact location.  Yeah hopefully someone can clarify.... I'm not up for being turned away at the door.

Oh so it's 9:00 am and not midnight?  I guess I missed that.....  So no staying up all night and going into work sleep deprived?  Dang.

• Like 1

An invite to the launch party was one of the backer rewards at kickstarter, so might only be for certain people.

I think there is a huge difference between a 'launch party' and 'developers going to a club drinking, because they are releasing the game'.

• Like 1

Hey, all! If you are a backer in the area and want to join us (and we want you to!) join the Facebook event! Come celebrate with us the game that you helped make possible!

I'd love to come, but Australia.

Kangur.rudy.drs.jpg

Edited by Aramed
  • Like 2

Hey, all! If you are a backer in the area and want to join us (and we want you to!) join the Facebook event! Come celebrate with us the game that you helped make possible!

Tempted to but then I'd need to drive 5 hours down I-5

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I don't know if this is some secret but I saw on Facebook that some of the developers are going to club in So cal tonight to celebrate the release at midnight with whatever backers that wanted to come.  I was surprised because I live a few minutes away!  Sounds interesting but now I've got a dilemma.... Should I go stand around awkwardly at a nightclub or actually be at home and play the game as soon as I can? 

Go and have fun with other people who are goind to be there for the event. Since you live a few minutes away, if you feel you're not having fun, just go back home and play the game :)

• Like 1

Tempted to but then I'd need to drive 5 hours down I-5

The said part: That could mean that you're coming from Central or Northern California. Or Los Angeles, depending on the day. =P

• Like 5

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Notice how I wrote I-5 and not The 5.

Dead giveaway. Lols.

(Bay Area)

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm a boring ole codger who doesn't do much clubbing these days. OTOH l live 30 minutes away from the Obsidian offices, and popping in for a beer or two could be fun. Hmm....

• Like 3

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Is pretty much everyone at the studio going to be there? Hope you guys party it up and enjoy yourselves.

I'm still counting on the drunk MCA footage for the documentary. Wasn't that one of the backer rewards?

• Like 1

let me grab my grimoir... i think i have a teleport spell in there somewhere

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.