Single character party

Is it possible to do this?

I've played through all the Infinity Engine games using a single character party which I found really fun. Does anyone know if it's viable for PoE and what class/classes work well for that?

According to Josh(iirc) some while back, they didn't put in any non-combat checks that specifically requires more than 1 character, so its technically possible, but they don't and won't do any checking to make sure the fights are actually feasible that way.

I'm paraphrasing, but I'm sure you get the drift.

Is it possible to play with one character? Yes.  Would I advise it? No.  Will the game actually be winnable with one character?  No one has tested to see if it is.  If you have to go one character I suggest Chanter since they get summons and can be fairly tanky.  I don't see any other class having much of a chance solo short of trying to game the system by manipulating AI or the engagement system.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

I'll probably do one play through normally then try it with the single character when I understand the finer details in the engine. Was just curious if anyone had attempted anything like it yet through out the beta/press access.