Two weapon style worth it?

Just a quick question: how does two weapon style work mechanically? Do you get two attacks in one round? Are they full damage etc? Considering the big defense bonuses you forsake by not going the shield route, I hope this is worth it damage wise... Is it?

TWF is perfectly viable, although whether it's your best choice depends on your build and on what you're trying to do with it. Strikers and DPS types generally do well with it.

The most important thing to bear in mind about TWF is that recovery penalty of anything above padded armor is going to significantly cut into its efficacy.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I would like to know as well. I pre ordered and pre loaded  via Steam. Ready to go tomorrow. 

Are Thieves your dual wield class?

Fighting style is largely independent of class.  (largely. From a practical perspective, only certain classes can tank and tanking benefits immensely from hatchet/shield, and not tanking means you don't want to take a shield).

But for two weapon, you'll want the talents vulnerable attack (ignore DR for an attack speed penalty) and two weapon style pretty quickly (attack speed bonus)

Also, no one wants to go single one handed weapon, ever.  The recovery penalty just isn't worth it.

Two answer the original question: it gets pretty complicated (Sensuki explains it best), but basically, actions in PoE don't happen in rounds.  Everything is on its own timer, with actions taking up frames of animation, then a separate recovery time, then acting again. For two weapons, it works a bit differently, but basically two weapon attacks don't have the big recovery time of a two handed or a single weapon.  [There is a much better explanation elsewhere]