Champion Edition for Mac not available on Gog

yes i don't see anywhere in the key redemption process where it allows you to select mac or linux for gog.  i don't want to press the "place your order now" button on gog until i know for sure i will be able to choose the propoer os version of the game.  i sent a ticket into support about this. Glad to see someone else with this problem i thought perhaps i missed something in my excitement to redeem the key.  my version is hero edition btw.

yes i don't see anywhere in the key redemption process where it allows you to select mac or linux for gog.  i don't want to press the "place your order now" button on gog until i know for sure i will be able to choose the propoer os version of the game.  i sent a ticket into support about this. Glad to see someone else with this problem i thought perhaps i missed something in my excitement to redeem the key.  my version is hero edition btw.

On GoG with one key you get automatically access to Win, Mac and Linux versions of the game. Of course the game has to support it in the first place. And Pillars have said, they will support all OSs.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

GOG is kinda cool in that if you buy a game, if the game supports Linux, Mac or Windows, you get access to all three.

Edit: And I double-checked, all of the GOG versions (Hero, Champion, Royal) supports Linux, Mac and Windows.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

GOG is kinda cool in that if you buy a game, if the game supports Linux, Mac or Windows, you get access to all three.

Edit: And I double-checked, all of the GOG versions (Hero, Champion, Royal) supports Linux, Mac and Windows.

Isn't that the same with Steam too?

• Like 1

If it's listed as Steam Play, yes. It is possible for developers to allow a key to only work on a specific platform. Of course, we didn't do that. :)

• Like 3

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

I don't believe Steam requires the developer to give access to all versions.

GoG on the other hand might. 

OKay i'll take your guys word for it but GOG popped up a message saying your mac is not compatible with this game and only the windows icon appeared on the game icon, contrary to what happens when you select the game through the normal website.

thanks for the replies btw.

Edited by Qbert

My GoG P:E isn't actually showing anything at all under "My game." Just "Pillars of Eternity, purchased March 25."

I trust it'll all get sorted by tomorrow. If it doesn't, the nerd rage will probably make the Internet melt.

I'm honestly more worried about the first patch. GOG better damn well have all hands or deck or so help me gods...

t50aJUd.jpg

I don't believe Steam requires the developer to give access to all versions.

GoG on the other hand might. 

I redeemed a Steam key and pre-loaded on my MacBook (will preload on my Windows PC once I am home), so Steam allows you to play the game on any platform it was developped for.

My GoG P:E isn't actually showing anything at all under "My game." Just "Pillars of Eternity, purchased March 25."

I trust it'll all get sorted by tomorrow. If it doesn't, the nerd rage will probably make the Internet melt.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be that way until the game officially launches - it's in gog's court to push the big red button marked 'go' (or automate it).

(Mine's the same - game 'box' is on the shelf but nothing under downloads when clicked ... yet)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: