If the folks in PoE are called races...

then why there're no halfbreeds. A problem to consider for the expantions.

(Any1 can confirm if there're children in PoE)?

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Yes they're species not races if one wishes to be precise, though there are races of the various species, such as Human Meadow and Savannah folk. It's quite an original and welcome move in my opinion.

Edit: As to why this is not specified, I suppose it is just to make things easier. Players have gotten used to calling Elves, Dwarves and others races even when they cannot breed with mankind.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Because "races" is a fantasy staple whether they're actually species or not, and if they used "race" instead of "sub-race" for the actual races in the world, they'd be accused of racism by clueless vagrants.

And there's no halfbreeds because that's stupid and leads to increasingly unique snowflakes. And also because Sawyer hates them. Rightly.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

I think they handled this in a way-cool manner actually. Humans and elves can't have offspring, but Aedyr has a special form of socially accepted "concubine" status for human-elf relationships, called Haemneg. It's supposed to be for political and economic reasons only, with one or both partners having a spouse among their own race, but apparently it's not always. Look it up.

• Like 3

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com