Quick question about Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity

Greetings friends,

I've searched for a bit but was unable to find the answer to this particular question, so maybe one of you might enlighten me:

I preordered the Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity and it is supposed to come with 2 keys for the game. Does anyone know if both keys will be available digitally, or is one physical and another is digital?

I wanted to gift one of the copies to a friend, but will I have to wait untill the boxed version arrives?

Thank you

Vor

You will get a disc with the actual game on it, no DRM, as in the olden days.  Through the backer portal you will get one game key, redeemable on Steam or GOG.  So yeah, you can give your friend the digital key you generate, then manually install the game from the disc yourself once it arrives, and download your patches from the backer portal.

• Like 1

You will get a disc with the actual game on it, no DRM, as in the olden days.  Through the backer portal you will get one game key, redeemable on Steam or GOG.  So yeah, you can give your friend the digital key you generate, then manually install the game from the disc yourself once it arrives, and download your patches from the backer portal.

Hi there,

Thanks for that confirmation, I was wondering about the same thing. Will both disc and digital versions be the Royal Edition?

Hi there,

Thanks for that confirmation, I was wondering about the same thing. Will both disc and digital versions be the Royal Edition?

The actual games are identical; the difference between the versions is in all the extra goods, like digital soundtrack and stuff.

Hi there,

There is no difference in the game itself between different editions. The difference is in the amount of stuff you get with the game (such as manuals and stuff). Check your backer tier for those. Everything you have as a digital download can be downloaded from the backer portal or the respective edition on Steam/GoG. If your backer tier includes something that isn't in the respective edition, you can download it additionally from the backer portal.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Katarack21

Edited by Gorbag

Nothing gold can stay.