Kickstarter "exclusives", what are they?

The higher tiers of the Kickstarter pledges and some of the pledge addons we could get lists a "Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet." and "Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item." Do we have any idea what this item and pet is? I'm assuming it isn't the giant miniature space piglet and Gaun's Pledge item seeing as those are available to all simply by pre-ordering. But I have no experience with kickstarted games' business practice, or Obsidian's for that matter, so not sure what to think.

It has been said that it's not the same thing.

I have an added question, too; if a backer received multiple copies, does all the copies receive the Kickstarter booty? Because.. eh, selfish I guess, but I was gifted PoE by a backer, so I pretty much just want to ask if I'll get it too. :o

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

The original Kickstarter stated that the in-game items would not effect the games balance.

Hey, I saw people say that about Dragon Age: Origins bonuses as well, because "You find better in the first part of the game". Yeah, but you don't get a mountain of it; I was still using some of that stuff on *someone* in the group by the endgame, like rings or amulets that there simply weren't that many good ones of.

But yeah, it's been stated, and I trust Obsidian on that, but to the crotchety completionists like myself, balance is secondary to miiiineeeeeeeeee.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 4

t50aJUd.jpg

The original Kickstarter stated that the in-game items would not effect the games balance.

Hey, I saw people say that about Dragon Age: Origins bonuses as well, because "You find better in the first part of the game". Yeah, but you don't get a mountain of it; I was still using some of that stuff on *someone* in the group by the endgame, like rings or amulets that there simply weren't that many good ones of.

But yeah, it's been stated, and I trust Obsidian on that, but to the crotchety completionists like myself, balance is secondary to miiiineeeeeeeeee.

I remember the Mass Effect cross over armor which was just insanely good. They had to nerf it eventually people bitched so much. Granted it was a single player game and I seen no need for the nerf. Let them ruin their enjoyment of the game.

• Like 2

They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

I remember the Mass Effect cross over armor which was just insanely good. They had to nerf it eventually people bitched so much. Granted it was a single player game and I seen no need for the nerf. Let them ruin their enjoyment of the game.

EA is just insane with that stuff. The worst part is that there's often no realistic way to actually "catch them all" and it actively puts me off actually getting the game, especially if I can't even pirate that supposedly "inconsequential" content in. Gearbox Software is also pretty crazy with the exclusives, mostly skins though, which is frustrating, but at least you can get around (most of?) that (at least in Borderlands 2).

I dislike the thing with the Kickstarter Exclusives and the Pre-Order Exclusives, but at least Obsidian have kept it reasonable and not handed out promotional DLC left, right and centre at every possible event that people cannot possibly frequent unless they're a bazillionaire jetsetter, and different bonuses at four different retailers, and in-game loot rewards for three different editions.

As far as I'm aware, it's just the Kickstarter stuff (which is unknown) and the Pre-Order stuff (which is universal). Annoying, but not insane.

t50aJUd.jpg

kickstarter bonuses presumably are only for those that backed at kickstarter time? or do slacker backers get it too? Only ask as i noticed the item in my products list said kickstarter royal edition, despite me not having the funds to back till it was slacker backer time (december 2013)

Funny that, I'm kind of the opposite. I always drop any "exclusive items" I get at the nearest rubbish bin and pretend they don't exist. Gonna do this for the space piglet and whatnot as well.

Don't... you might make some big bucks selling those to rabid fanboys who really want it all.

If it's a seperate code that is...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If you backed on kickstarter for a copy of the game, do you still get the pre-order bonuses?

Yes.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Funny that, I'm kind of the opposite. I always drop any "exclusive items" I get at the nearest rubbish bin and pretend they don't exist. Gonna do this for the space piglet and whatnot as well.

Don't... you might make some big bucks selling those to rabid fanboys who really want it all.

I believe they meant a metaphorical digital bin within the gameworld, rather than throwing them into a physical bin in the real world. I'm of the understanding that the items are automagically contained within the game generated by the unlock code / SKU.

Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity!

Still really want a Witcher medallion. Apparently it was shipped with the Xbox version (damn console players) while I, PC gamer, who bought the Collector's Edition was stuck with a statuette. I happily would have traded it but alas.

Oh wait, ingame items...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Still really want a Witcher medallion. Apparently it was shipped with the Xbox version (damn console players) while I, PC gamer, who bought the Collector's Edition was stuck with a statuette. I happily would have traded it but alas.

Oh wait, ingame items...

I'm getting one with my CE of TW3. Now I know who to sell it to :)

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In all honesty, while my jab at PJ was obviously in jest, I can't do stuff like that. I just can't. In Fallout 3, I once started collecting Teddy Bears for fun, and put them all on my bed in my Megaton home, because hey, why not, it's a pointless but relatively rare object. And then there's this girl in Megaton that has a bear, and I think his name is even mentioned in dialogue by her once or twice, just in passing.

Anyway, I'm often a very "everything that isn't nailed down is mine" kind of guy, and this character was no different, so I snuck in, stole stuff, saw the bear, took it.

I felt so bad.

I just couldn't stop thinking of this child in the wasteland that lost her teddy bear from her own damn home. I actually had to go all the way back and try to place the teddy bear there and all I desperately wanted was a dialogue choice to tell her how sorry I was. It's a game, but I'm not built for this. I can murder droves of people without breaking a sweat or a second thought, and I have a mental list of real-life people that simply deserve to be put to death, but I could never drop the piglet somewhere and expect it to care for itself. I'd probably be ruined and lie awake at night.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

I believe they meant a metaphorical digital bin within the gameworld, rather than throwing them into a physical bin in the real world. I'm of the understanding that the items are automagically contained within the game generated by the unlock code / SKU.

Yeah. I don't buy physical stuff anymore unless I have to. Just clutters up the place.

Edit: it's a piglet. I'll eat it.

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'm getting one with my CE of TW3. Now I know who to sell it to original.gif

Yes, please :) (already got a price in mind? 0_o). I can trade you a statuette XD

^