Redeemed wrong edition

I'm a backer for the Royal Edition, but without even looking I punched in the first key on my product page only to find out the two copies you get are different editions, so now I'm out a key I was planning to give to a friend and stuck with the "lesser" edition myself.

Am I out of luck? Do I need to contact Steam support?

I'm a backer for the Royal Edition, but without even looking I punched in the first key on my product page only to find out the two copies you get are different editions, so now I'm out a key I was planning to give to a friend and stuck with the "lesser" edition myself.

Am I out of luck? Do I need to contact Steam support?

Well you will have everything in the Backer Portal to download as well. The editions are not diffrent in game.

• Like 1

Uff, I do not know whether you can do anything.... I remember as I was choosing my key that there was popup screen that ask if I am sure I want this edition because it will not be possible to change it later.

But what Verdia said, you will still be able to get what you pledged for on backer portal.

well I did redeem the right edition for myself, but wondering if I did the right thing? might have been better to have given my friend the royal edition and me the hero and download the extras from the portal, so I did the reverse and wish I had done the same thing now.

Edited by matthewfarmery

well I did redeem the right edition for myself, but wondering if I did the right thing? might have been better to have given my friend the royal edition and me the hero and download the extras from the portal, so I did the reverse and wish I had done the same thing now.

Well thinking about it that way certainly reduces the sting. It is nice to stupidly stumble into a better outcome somtimes.

The game isn't out yet. If you contact Steam support, they can probably move the game to your friend's account no prob. The only question is whether they'd respond to you before PoE releases or not, and whether you decide to start playing the game before they respond.

I wasn't given a choice about the edition, only about the platform (steam or GOG). I kickstarted the "Digital Fun Pack" which should have all the rewards of the Royal pack, and when I redeemed it I got the Champion Edition. Why the hell would I or anyone want to down-grade my order after already confirming my pledge?

i have lodged a ticket.

I wasn't given a choice about the edition, only about the platform (steam or GOG). I kickstarted the "Digital Fun Pack" which should have all the rewards of the Royal pack, and when I redeemed it I got the Champion Edition. Why the hell would I or anyone want to down-grade my order after already confirming my pledge?

i have lodged a ticket.

All your stuff will be available on the backer portal, regardless of which edition you also get through Steam or GOG.

Edited by sparklecat

i have lodged a ticket.

All your stuff will be available on the backer portal, regardless of which edition you also get through Steam or GOG.

Can you point towards where that has been said by Obsidion? Because I haven't read that anywhere.

i have lodged a ticket.

Can you point towards where that has been said by Obsidion? Because I haven't read that anywhere.

Er.  No, not offhand, but they've definitely confirmed this.

Oh, go check the latest backer update in the announcements subforum, it might be somewhere in there.