Hi,

there have been a hundred topics about that, but I want to ask a more specific question. I played all the IE games and I'm a long time RPG fan. Sadly, I start every new game five times due to fact that I never can decide whom should I play with. I usually go with glass cannon or stealth and with Eternity I widen my choice to those:

Rogue, Druid, Wizard, Cipher

What I want:

- I'll be definitely playing with pre-build characters, not creating my own, because I value their stories

- my character needs to be the strongest :) - and that's not munchkinism! I just need to control the strongest figure if the game to have good reasons for others to follow me. As simple as that. If other guys in my party are more powerful than me than I'm a ****ty leader.

- Rogue feels like a way to go, but can it match in power with spellcasting classes?

- Is it true that Wizard is in general the weakest of spellcasters?

- Is Druid really that powerful and if yes - why? What makes Druid better than Wiz or Cipher.

- Cipher seems really fun as kinda darkish magical presence. Does mechanics of Cipher live up to this expectations?

- All in all I want a FUN class to play, which for me means lot of micro in game mechanics and character that is bad ass enough to look boldly in the face of death.

Advise please.

- Rogue feels like a way to go, but can it match in power with spellcasting classes?

It absolutely can, although of course it's a different variety of power. It bears noting that Rogues really benefit from teaming up with spellcasters, who can hand out the conditions that make their sneak attacks fire off.

- Is it true that Wizard is in general the weakest of spellcasters?

In general, yeah. Wizard lacks the sheer blasting and buffing power of a druid, and tries to make up for it with defensive spells that aren't very good and AoE debuffs which are pretty good but are hard to lay down without hitting one's allies.

- Is Druid really that powerful and if yes - why? What makes Druid better than Wiz or Cipher.

Druid is the AoE king. Its shapeshifting abilities aren't worth a damn, but it has a large suite of powerful elemental spells, mixed in with a few buffs and short-range heals. It plays much the way you might imagine a wizard playing, actually. It's not strictly better than the Cipher, which occupies a different role.

- Cipher seems really fun as kinda darkish magical presence. Does mechanics of Cipher live up to this expectations?

Ciphers blend DPS with debuffing, while doing away with worries about saving your spells for later. I'd say they're on of the best-designed classes, if not actually the best. Their abilities are interesting, they contribute actively to every fight, and they have a unique playstyle that blends very well with firearms.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Thanks for answer!

I think I'll go either Cipher or Rogue. Got the image of bearded pirate-style darkish protagonist in my head. Would both of these classes make a valid choice for 100% gunner?

Both of them get a lot of mileage out of guns, yeah. Rogues appreciate the range and high base damage, and Ciphers can generate a lot of focus very quickly with a single shot.

You may want to look into Island aumaua if you go the rogue route - the extra weapon slot it grants allows you to switch between several guns, firing much more quickly without having to worry about reloading in between shots (at least until you've fired from all of your weapon slots).

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

@gkathellar

you're wrong about the wizard, they are awesome, both in damage output and buffing/debuffing capabilities + their low tier spells eventually move from per rest to per encounter. Wizards are also very versalite and don't need to build up focus like ciphers. While druids are awesome damage dealers, they nowhere near wizards in crowd control.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance