As we're just 1 day and 7 hours away at the time of writing, I thought it might be good to get a list of any release day events that will be running tomorrow. If it's someone hosting a VOIP or text chat session for discussion or help, notable streamers playing the game, whatever. Any communities organizing events? RPGCodex? Obsidian events?

I know Totalbiscuit will be streaming on Twitch for GOG at 21:00 UTC. Add anything else you've heard of below, please.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Why would anyone want to watch streams on release day? Don't spoil yourselves. Keep that first playthrough pure!

It might be something as simple as having an IRC chat going to get help quickly, not just streams.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Why would anyone want to watch streams on release day? Don't spoil yourselves. Keep that first playthrough pure!

It's for raising awareness about the game, boosting initial sales, and helping people who are on the fence about buying it decide.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

The only release day event I'm interested in will be... The steam unlock. After that, there will be no such things as "Days" or "Events", other than whatever happens in the game itself.

Well, I take that back. I might order a pizza or something late Thursday afternoon. I suppose that qualifies as a "release day event", if we're being pedantic.

• Like 2

The only release day event I'm interested in will be... The steam unlock. After that, there will be no such things as "Days" or "Events", other than whatever happens in the game itself.

Well, I take that back. I might order a pizza or something late Thursday afternoon. I suppose that qualifies as a "release day event", if we're being pedantic.

Man, I *wish* I could afford a pizza! Will have homebaked cinnamon rolls available, though. So there's that. :)

Homebaked cinnamon rolls? that's.... That's a good trade!

Actually, when do the Girl Scouts usually do their Girl Scout Cookie sales? Isn't it right around this time every year? Because I was thinking... a box of Thin Mints sounds like an absolutely perfect "release day event food" to have next to me as I'm playing.

Edited by Stun

Homebaked cinnamon rolls? that's.... That's a good trade!

Actually, when do the Girl Scouts usually do their Girl Scout Cookie sales? Isn't it right around this time every year? Because I was thinking... a box of Thin Mints sounds like an absolutely perfect "release day event food" to have next to me as I'm playing.

Yes...I too plan on purchasing thin mints...though of an entirely different type, I am sure.