I was hoping to be able to buy myself parts and build a new computer when I Kickstarted the game, however life has had other things in mind. So I'm going to try to play on my 3 year old laptop. Do you think I will be able to run it ok via Steam with these specs?

Summary
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz 47 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 05VJ58 (CPU)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives
699GB Western Digital WDC WD7500BPVT-75HXZT3 (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L633J
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Intel HD Graphics 3000

I'm not sure how that compares to the ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT listed in the min. specs - it's better than some onboard video of the past but still not super great. I've seen some play other Unity early access games with HD 4000, but not sure how those games compare to whatever PoE is doing with it. At any rate, I'd bet it'll at least run at low graphic settings and all that.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I had a rough time trying to start Wasteland 2 when it came out but that was before all the patches and I haven't gone back to it to try again, so I was a bit worried with PoE. Really wish I had $$$ to upgrade to a new computer, but other things have way more priority than games (all good things, of course)!

Happy RPGing to you all!

It looks OK - the only potentially troubling part is the Intel HD 3000 chip. The game doesn't yet offer a way to turn off anti-aliasing in game, but if you can turn that off in your driver it should be much better.

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

The game doesn't yet offer a way to turn off anti-aliasing in game

It does!

BMac implemented a console command that controls anti-aliasing. To use it, bring up the console and type

msaa X

where X is any number from 0 to 16.

:)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It does!

BMac implemented a console command that controls anti-aliasing. To use it, bring up the console and type

msaa X

where X is any number from 0 to 16.

:)

Oh good ol' BMac :) Well hopefully we'll get that switched over to the GUI side soon too for you guys, but that's good to know - thanks!

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!