Thank you Obsidian! :)

I just wanted to let all the Obsidian devs know that there are still a bunch of people out there that really appreciate all their hard work, especially in this busy time. I'm super grateful that you got the keys out before the official release. I was more than happy to get them on release day and not play the game for a few days (Australian Internet...yay!). So, this actually turned out to be a super nice surprise with the pre-load and all!

Thanks for all your hard work and I can't wait to try the game out!

• Like 15

huh? did you get your key just now, from this website?

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I pretty much agree with this. I barely use Steam for anything; most new games my PC can't run because it's a proprietary small form factor with a specific and limited graphic and CPU capability. This is the first new game I've installed in ages. I don't know much about Steam and honestly wasn't expecting the preloading at all.

Looking at the updates and seeing how active the developers have been on the forums, how many bug reports from the backer beta have been taken in and addressed, watching this game studio produce and get distributed all these physical goods (THEIR AIR FREIGHTING THEM TO EUROPE!!) it seems amazing. And watching Obsidian talk calmly and politely to everybody, even the people who accuse them of deliberately disrespecting their backers....I couldn't do that. I'd be yelling at people.

The game looks amazing, too. Really, really spectacular. Both gorgeous and hellaciously fun. I won't know until I play it, but I haven't been this excited in so long.

Hat's off, Obsidian. This is amazing.

Heh+you+figured+it+out+my+hats+off+to+yo

• Like 1

Of all the Kickstarter project I backed (19 projects) Pillars of Eternity is the one I am most excited about.

From what we can see the quality is just awesome, which is not regular thing in Kickstarter (ya hear Planetary Annihilation?).

Thank you Obsidian, lets hope this is just a beginning of making more awesome games like PoE. :-)

Now I will probably play PoE(Path of Exile) until relase of PoE(Pillars of Eternity) [what a confusion this will be :-))].

I second this big time. Thank you very much Obsidian for all the hard work that went into developing PoE and fulfilling all pledge rewards!

You have been great and much more communicative (and patient!) than any developer!

I hope PoE sells a gazillion and you guys get to make the games you want to make for all ... Eternity! (I know Brandon's gonna hate me for this ;)).

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm so glad I was lucky to play a small part in the resurrection of Obsidian  :yes:

Thank you so much for this phenomenal game!

GotY 2015 contender, for sure!

Pillars of Eternity will do what Baldur's Gate did when it came out.

It will define the cRPG for the next 15 years  :yes: