Are Crits 125% now or 150%?

I always thought a critical strike would do 150% dmg.

Now that is until I saw a video of the press version where the tooltip states it only does 25% extra damage (but increases time by 50%).

Now the manual is available and on the errata site it reads 

• A Crit is any attack roll over 100. Damage is increased by 50%

Now is that the last word on it, or is this reversed again?

What about Blunderbusses? As they do 120% crit damage, it has a big impact on them if the basic crit damage is 125% or 150%

My understanding was crits are 150% but there are some exceptions for some items like guns which are generally 120%. They are listed in the tooltips for those items. 

Can you link or screenshot your source?

Edited by Bazy

Even the press package has some incorrect info. I watched quill's thingo and there was a few bits in there that were not correct. I might address those in my next video.

You'd better. The game manual is gonna be the PoE wiki all over again. 

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I swear there's some idiot going through the manual right now and "updating" the Wiki.

hurrr why is the wiki incorrect how dares it durrr the game has been out for like 20 minutes already durrr huuurrr

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

every roll over 100 is crit. So what dice does game roll?

100 (plus the difference between accuracy and enemy defense)

tnx. So if your accuracy = or less than enemy defense you dont have chance to crit?

every roll over 100 is crit. So what dice does game roll?

100 (plus the difference between accuracy and enemy defense)

tnx. So if your accuracy = or less than enemy defense you dont have chance to crit?

If I've understood it right, nope. Also, your chance of just getting a Graze instead of a hit goes up. And your chance of missing, obviously.

t50aJUd.jpg

Even the press package has some incorrect info. I watched quill's thingo and there was a few bits in there that were not correct. I might address those in my next video.

The game manual is actually worse than the wiki, which is impressive.

@drunetovich- if you can stack accuracy to the point that you're at +100 after enemy defenses, you have total game design failure on your hands.

If I've understood it right, nope. Also, your chance of just getting a Graze instead of a hit goes up. And your chance of missing, obviously.

Your chance of getting a grace can never go up from the starting point.

To visualize it a bit imagine this tapeline:

...MMMMMMMMM[MMMGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH]CCCCCCCCCC...

M = Miss

G = Graze

H = Hit

C = Crit

... = infinity

Each letter represents 5%. The line ] between the last H and C represents the 100% mark (and the one [ between the M's the 0% mark).

Now if accuracy = defense you randomly pick one letter out of the bucked in the middle [ ]. You cannot crit. As crit is beyond the line to the right.

Now lets say you have 25 accuracy vs 20 defense. You move the left line [ one M (=5%) to the right  and move the right Line ] one to the right as well.

...MMMMMMMMMM[MMGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHC]CCCCCCCCC...

So now you have one M less and one C more in the bucket [ ] in the middle. If you had to pick one letter out of it, you had a 5% to pick a c - a crit.

If you had 15 accuracy vs 20 defense, you would move the whole thing to the left instead. Meaning you had one additional M and one less H in your bucket in the middle.

So in conclusion:

with the first 15 accuracy on top of having a equal number (so up to e.g. 45 vs 30) you directly convert Misses into Crits.

After that point you start converting Grazes into Crits. And it will be basically impossible I guess to have more than 71+ vs 20, at which point you would start to convert normal hits to crits.

On defending you get the same: Every little bit you are on top of your enemies attack (so 21 defense vs 20 attack) you convert one of his normal hits to a miss.

So the top priority stat wise should be to have around +15 attack over the enemies defense. From my calculations assuming no DR (which would actually increase it) for each 5 points accuracy your dps will increase by about 10%

After that point it's only 4% per 5 points.

Defense wise your priority should be to have a defense value as high as the attackers value. Every additional point is worth the same basically (until you get more than 50). You should however not get below his attack rating, as this would increase his damage drastically as he starts to convert misses to crits.

Edited by Kordanor