Resolution Support, Cloud Saving and Backer Retail Platforms

Hey Guys! So excited. Its actually happening, long time since Kickstarter - well done everyone, avoiding outright spoilers where I can, but it sounds like its everything we dreamed of :) :) :)

Anyway so I am thinking about taking my 27" large resolution monitor home for this one to get the bestest experience I can. The monitor is 2560x1440 - is this sort of resolution well-supported does anyone know?

Also, kind of torn between Steam and GoG.

Do both (or either) platform support cloud saves for Pillars?

Is there any financial implication for Obsidian based on what I redeem?

Edited by Hogfather

We frequently tested the game on 4K resolution monitors that are out nowadays. Your resolution should be fine.

I am curious as to how the game looks/works on 4K monitors, particularly because of the high DPI. I would expect 3D models and real-time effects to look gorgeous, but maps to shrink a bunch (correct me if I'm wrong, but maps are rendered with 1920x1080 on a 24" screen in mind, which means 96 DPI—right? 4K on a 32" is about 140 DPI).

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well the way the game works, the higher your resolution, the more of the game map you can see (the game itself doesn't scale, the UI does though). But because of potential high DPI monitors, we had to allow people to zoom in at least a little closer than pixel perfect just so your characters wouldn't look too small at standard zoom. At least, until we potentially implement a better solution.

But as the game is right now, it works great on our 27ish inch 4K monitor we have. The models do look very nice and seeing the maps at pixel perfect look amazing to me.

• Like 1

Twitter: @robyatadero

Well the way the game works, the higher your resolution, the more of the game map you can see (the game itself doesn't scale, the UI does though). But because of potential high DPI monitors, we had to allow people to zoom in at least a little closer than pixel perfect just so your characters wouldn't look too small at standard zoom. At least, until we potentially implement a better solution.

But as the game is right now, it works great on our 27ish inch 4K monitor we have. The models do look very nice and seeing the maps at pixel perfect look amazing to me.

Have you tested downsampling?