Anyone else avoided the hype entirely?

Basically when this stuff first came across my twitters fairly early, I immediately threw my money at it. I've gotten the e-mails and the only one I clicked was to confirm my order a few months (a year?) ago. Now I see the release date appear on my timeline from Mr Avellone and boom, I'm all in.

But I basically have no clue what the game is about other than its a classic CRPG that looks stunning. I have no idea about anything else, mod support, storyline etc etc. I'll be goign in completely blind, anyone else the same? 

I avoided all of it except the required "Click this, fill in that to get what you ordered". Signed up here, paid my backer stuff, and am waiting for my key and download stuff while I do DM work. I caught a bit of a stream while I ate just a bit ago. The game looks damn pretty. So a bit of hype from that. Went from the Kickstarter 2.5 years ago, to watching someone dungeon crawl at level 3 with a full party in the past hour. 

I have only read the backer emails, I've avoided any and all information on the game, including previews. I'm more than happy with that decision as it hasn't given me a false sense of expectation and I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Not entirely avoided, no...but no stream watching or obsessive info hunting/sourcing for me. During/after the Kickstarter I was super hyped. But 2+ years is a long time and after a while I've been busy doing other things and was away for a while to boot, so now I'm a lot more mellow about it all. But I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on the finished game at last. It's been a long wait. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm on the same boat. I read most of the technical/dev updates on Kickstarter but decided to avoid articles on gaming websites etc. Hell, in the past year I let it slide out of my mind so much that I still haven't realized that release day is upon us.

Dudes, I just hope they remember one general Pain telling them again and again on Kickstarter one word:  Codpiece.

If this game has not the Codpiece I will be forever sad.  :(

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

Hasn't really been an issue until this week.  Now I'm avoiding various youtube channels this week, because the folks I usually watch have outright abandoned their usual content for spoiler videos.  (I did watch a couple decent character creation and game mechanics videos, though).

From just a few streams I seen, this game looks pretty badass. Man I'm so freaking super hyped to play this the

26th. I been trying my best to avoid spoiler filled videos so I get to experience the main story first hand for myself. 

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Basically when this stuff first came across my twitters fairly early, I immediately threw my money at it. I've gotten the e-mails and the only one I clicked was to confirm my order a few months (a year?) ago. Now I see the release date appear on my timeline from Mr Avellone and boom, I'm all in.

But I basically have no clue what the game is about other than its a classic CRPG that looks stunning. I have no idea about anything else, mod support, storyline etc etc. I'll be goign in completely blind, anyone else the same? 

I've ignored every video, every preview and every review of it. I don't want this to be spoiled, not even the first 15 minutes, not even the INTRO video or whatever. I made that HUGE mistake once with Divinity: Original Sin which dang near ruined the entire first half (10hours) of the game (I was in Alpha/Beta)

I read the backer info we got somewhat, but only general info. I have no idea about races lore or gods or what not else.

I did keep up with it though, and looked at 5 or so screenshots. Everything else would just spoil the first-experience. And as you can see from my post count, I didn't even interact in the forums ;p All to avoid spoilers.

That Obsidian released press copies and didn't give a full NDA to them until release day sucks of course. It means I can't use about 80% of the Internet without fear of spoilers. But then again it doesn't really bother me. Tomorrow I will play the game (hopefully) and all is well and good in the world.

I usually prefer to go into games blind, but not with PoE.

It's simply too large a game to have the experience marred by too much pre-exposure. The infinity engine games are marathons meant to be enjoyed for months if not years. This game looks to be the same. A little pre release hype won't touch that. 

I'm going pretty blind, though I've watched a couple of twitch videos with Josh Sawyer explaining what PoE is about, and read one or two spoiler-less previews. I have watched zero (0) minutes of game-play, going as far as shutting the Josh Sawyer video down when he started playing the game. Did try Backer Beta through a friend (I didn't back myself, though I have pre-ordered), spent a while around the backer town, killed some beetles, saw what I needed to see, uninstalled. 

I'm playing a cool little indie tactical RPG called "Enemy" for the last couple of days, having a lot of fun. Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC is downloading as I type this. Due to this, chances are I won't play PoE until the weekend at least. 

Looking forward to the game? Of course, very much. Hype? Not detected.

Edited by Emerwyn

I had avoided it for years but have no climbed on board. Not that I didnt want to encourage or support it but just because the market is flooded with so much noise I have just trained myself to ignore most of it until games are due to come out.

I like the idea of early access but I like the idea more of paying for and playing full games as an experience.